Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  HOLY F*CK! Treasure trove
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOLY F*CK! Treasure trove  (Read 14691 times)
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 12:08:17 AM »

Greetings.  Well, obviously there is mass interest in these cds.  As I mentioned in the very first post, all copies were spoken for.  After talking to some of the people that I was holding them for, some of them aren't as interested as the rest of you.  So as of right now, there are definitely 2, and maybe 3 that are up for grabs. 

I will tell you right off the bat that I would gladly trade one of them for either an Appetite tour jacket (http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=166728; http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=44958.0), a UYI tour jacket (http://vintagetourjackets.blogspot.com/2010/10/guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-world.html); an Appetite tour leather vest (http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/1973616; http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/1973608), this Aerosmith/GNR jacket (http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/1973611), or this Paradise City record (http://www.troccolitm.com/12ParaBlackUncut.html?1212115573211).  One other thing I would consider trading for is to be your guest to the Metallica December FIllmore shows if you were one of the people lucky enough to win entry to all four nights.  We wouldn't have to hang out once inside if you did not want to, but I'd be cool with it if you wanted to or not.

Other than that, I am torn as to whether or not do some kind of lottery thing where the winner would only pay what it cost me plus shipping (there is a lot of people interested) or to do an auction (if I were on the other end of this I think I'd personally prefer an auction since I usually have shit luck in my life, hence a fuck all chance at winning a lottery).  And of course, I could then use the money generated to buy my way into the Metallica Fillmore shows if necessary.  Hard to decide. 

So let me know.  Of course if you have one of the items above and are willing to trade (high quality photos will be required before a deal is finalized) then great.  Otherwise let me know what your opinion is as far as lottery or auction.  Then, sometime this weekend, I will make a decision as to what to do.  Thanks!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
suicide
VIP

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 02:54:55 AM »

I've got the Paradise City record but it's not the test uncut black vinyl version so you're probably not interested in that.

If I were you I'd go for the auction. I know you've spend a fortune on your GN'R collection and we all know these cd's are very rare so why not make a small profit on them? Although the lottery thing sounds very cool aswell!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:56:27 AM by suicide » Logged
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 09:44:55 AM »

I guess i'll have to go with the Lottery... Huh

I'm not willing to pay a fortune for it (auction), neither i have those items.

In the end this will end up coming out in the stores i believe so... if you want to sell one copy to me. I'll pay whatever amount you desire and i'll give you the SHM-CD version of Chinese Democracy. I think it would be a good deal and an opportunity for you to make some money before it really comes out in full stock...

Let me know if you would be interested

You could sell me the unpacked and then do the lottery with the packed ones  hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 11:42:17 PM »

Just a little update here.  I actually won tickets for the 1st Metallica show, so at this point I would consider the trade for one ticket to the other three nights (preferred) or one ticket to 2 of the remaining 3 nights.  On another note, a lot of people are asking me things like:  How much?  Or: PM me a price.  Understand this:  I haven't even decided if I am going to go that route yet.  Now for another question for all of you:  If I go the auction route, would you prefer an "open" auction like how eBay does it, or a "silent" auction where there would be a deadline for you to hand in offers to me.  With the silent auction, no one else would be able to see your bid.  Let me know.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 12:15:04 AM »

Just a little update here.  I actually won tickets for the 1st Metallica show, so at this point I would consider the trade for one ticket to the other three nights (preferred) or one ticket to 2 of the remaining 3 nights.  On another note, a lot of people are asking me things like:  How much?  Or: PM me a price.  Understand this:  I haven't even decided if I am going to go that route yet.  Now for another question for all of you:  If I go the auction route, would you prefer an "open" auction like how eBay does it, or a "silent" auction where there would be a deadline for you to hand in offers to me.  With the silent auction, no one else would be able to see your bid.  Let me know.

ebay style.

How about you write the name of the people interested in papers and put them in a bowl and randomly select the names? You could do a video and do this on a video and then let us know the winners live or something like that.

The winners would buy Chinese Democracy from you

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 02:21:50 PM »

You can download high definition scans of the whole booklet here

I honestly can't believe the scans I made are still floating around the internet in so many various forms.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 09:36:49 AM »

I honestly can't believe the scans I made are still floating around the internet in so many various forms.

Thanks for doing it in the first place  ok

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 10:41:09 AM »

did you ever get info from the seller about where he got these?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »

awesome i'm sure many fans appreciate the scans
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 04:47:19 PM »

Oh no problem whatsoever. I try to help out when I can (which is very little). When that disc arrived in the mail, I literally had it for about 1 hour before I started scanning everything in to share with everyone.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2011, 07:44:39 PM »

u were so lucky to get that disc  Grin

I wish i could have one! Troccoli it's in your hands to make this big collector very happy (me)  hihi

I'm gonna start a video blog soon reviewing cds, it would be so freakin awesome if i presented CD with that cover, damn...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:46:15 PM by Halo69 » Logged

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2011, 10:47:49 PM »

didnt know you were the one who scanned them.

and that happens to me a lot with bootlegs... pretty weird to see dvd's you made or audio edits you made being sold at local fairs and almost everywhere in the internet...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2011, 08:54:59 AM »

and that happens to me a lot with bootlegs... pretty weird to see dvd's you made or audio edits you made being sold at local fairs and almost everywhere in the internet...

I can't even imagine that happening, that's got to be weird.

And I was even a little upset about it, I was just genuinely surprised they're still around.

thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 09:09:21 PM »

And I was even a little upset about it, I was just genuinely surprised they're still around.
Photos on the web can end up anywhere The Facebook guy even tagged jarmo and Beta in one of mine  rofl

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2319049939844&set=a.2175696996110.129802.1357383324&type=1&theater
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:11:18 AM by thinkaboutyou » Logged
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 08:03:21 AM »

Photos on the web can end up anywhere The Facebook guy even tagged jarmo and Beta in one of mine  rofl

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2319049939844&set=a.2175696996110.129802.1357383324&type=1&theater

beer

Haha, isn't that something? Not to sound old as hell, but the internet really amazes me how it brings the world so much closer together. Hell, I remember back in 92 being excited as hell to see a new bootleg of the 91 tour show up in a record store. Nowadays GNR haven't aren't even into their 3rd song half way across the world and we're all on the boards posting stuff like "AUDIO PLEASE!"  hihi

On the subject of the Alternate Release. I think that I'm gonna dig mine out and listen to it front to back today while I travel. It's a crazy thought but I never actually listened to mine so I'm gonna double check and ensure there's nothing different about the audio at all.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 06:28:33 PM »

Any news on this?

troccoli
VIP

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 07:46:27 PM »

Any news on this?

Yeah, the seller never replied, but I am going to try again now.  Let's hope for a response!

Here is my question and their response:

Hey there. Not sure if you remember me, I bought 6 of these from you. Is there any way you could tell me more information about them? How you got them? Did you get them through Bestbuy? Amoeba records? Direct from the record company and/or band/band members? I am a big GNR collector and am always interested in the history of the items I collect. Thanks!

Dear zombie456,

Sorry to much info.

- gevsgarage818
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:21:06 PM by troccoli » Logged

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »

i mean in the way you're gonna sell them or pick people to get some of those copies from you beer

troccoli
VIP

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2011, 09:40:04 PM »

Listed on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190583818347

Decided to sell instead of do a lottery thing in order to cover the costs of seeing Metallica at the Fillmore in December in San Fran.  Damn those tickets are gonna be expensive.  Please understand.  Thanks!

suicide
VIP

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »

USD 611, looks like a good price to me! Congrats to whoever won the auction and enjoy the Metallica show Troccoli!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: