Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  VR in Finland
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR in Finland  (Read 19142 times)
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2004, 03:38:39 PM »

...yay...

Is there a chance anyone could get the interview to mail it to others, or at least make a transcript of sort.

I'll try.. nervous

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2004, 10:45:56 PM »

Oh yeah, I think it was Provinssirock. So Slash hasn't played in Helsinki between 1991 and this week.

/jarmo

I think the quote may have more to do with the fact that Hanoi Rocks is from Helsinki than what he remembers from 13 years ago. That or than the show must've really kicked ass.

I saw a guy at the Stockholm show wearing a Snakepit t-shirt. It was Nummirock.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jani
Opening Act

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2004, 12:51:11 PM »

My thoughts of the show:

The concert was simply great! And I?m not one of those guys who says that of any concert he sees, I?m very critical most of the time... But the show on tuesday was probably the best rock concert I?ve ever been to.

Talking of things outside the music, it was so good to see that all the guys were looking great and seemed to have fun playing (I was 5-10 meters away from the stage). Special mention to Duff: today he looks 10 years younger than 12 years ago (referring to the tokyo 1992 shows).

You all have seen the setlist,  it was the same set they?ve been playing everywhere.

The biggest surprise of the concert for me was that Big Machine actually rocks! I usually skip it on the album, but it?s a great live song. Headspace was one of the highlights of the evening for me, the song sounded great and the audience was really into it, singing along and jumping around.

I also loved the extended versions of Illegal I (Scott seemed to be playing keyboards on the jamming part in the middle of it!) and Set Me Free (Dave and Slash traded solos on that one, he did okay, but he?s no Slash).

Great show, rock on VR!

I'm a cold heartbreaker...
Sl?sh
Opening Act

Ready to crash and burn

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2004, 03:35:03 AM »

The show was fucking amazing!

All the VR songs rocked really good live, 1000x better than on the album. One of the highlights for me was definitely Slash's solo on Fall To Pieces. It was like I was in a trance or something when he played the solo, it was perfect. Slash had his left foot on the monitor, a cigarette in his mouth, the lightning was perfect, and then he played that perfect solo and at the end spit the cigarette out of his mouth. It was fucking... amazing! But definitely the highlights were the 3 GN'R songs, Weiland actually did a good job and you know Slash rocked. I sang along all the GN'R songs. It was so fucking great when they left the stage for the first time, everyone started clapping, then finally they came back on stage, Slash put his tophat on and started playing Used To Love. I went crazy.

Fucking great... no, perfect.

My trading page: www.downpaymentblues.tk

Trading AC/DC and GN'R
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2004, 02:41:58 AM »

...yay...

Is there a chance anyone could get the interview to mail it to others, or at least make a transcript of sort.

I'll try.. nervous

Btw I have some serious problems to log on to that "sonera account" bullshit...so it will take time to get new passwords etc...

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: