Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:25:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227890 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Fantasy Baseball Trade I Need Help On
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Baseball Trade I Need Help On  (Read 7656 times)
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« on: February 27, 2009, 11:28:47 PM »

On my 12 team public league, I need closers really badly, but I already have two. I have both Kevin Gregg and Carlos Marmol for Chicago, and George Sherill of Baltimore.

Anyways, this guy has offered Joe Nathan and Rafael Furcal for Hanley Ramirez.

Also, he has also just offered Joe Nathan for Carlos Beltran.

Are any of these trades worth it? I'm thinking not cause it's just for saves anyways.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »

NO WAY

Hanley is a Fantasy STUD

Closers are only worth 1 category right?

Hanley gets u average, triples, Stolen bases, HR's, RBI's OBP OPS

do not do any of those deals

PLUS

Every season u can always pick up a couple of quality closers that emerge out of Spring Training.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
western_chaos
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:49:48 PM »

Alright, that's what I figured, thanks man.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »

Plus u got Marmol. He should get a shit load of saves for the Cubs this season.

I figure the Cubs will win at least 90 this year, so u are looking at about 45 saves for Marmol

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 03:41:12 PM »

Plus u got Marmol. He should get a shit load of saves for the Cubs this season.

I figure the Cubs will win at least 90 this year, so u are looking at about 45 saves for Marmol

Not to mention that Marmol should come cheap (if the league considers real world salary), and be uber-productive for the price.  He may hit a rough patch during the season, as he did last year, but he seems to bounce back, so I wouldn't give up on him 'til Lou does.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 04:09:07 PM »

Furcal is a magnet for injuries, stay away,

STAAAYYYYY AWWAYYYYYYYYYYY.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 01:09:08 PM »

Definitely no on the first one.  Keep Ramirez at all costs.  Nathan for Beltran might be worth considering, depending on what you could replace Beltran with.

I've got one for my team.  I'm in a keeper league and need to decide to keep 4 players from last seasons team.  We need to keep 2 hitters and 2 pitchers and can only keep 1 early round pick of each (guys who were drafted in rounds 1-5).  I've got and am obviously keeping Hanley.  And my other hitter is going to be Nate McLouth, only other option would be Delmon Young as I used my first 5 choices last year on hitters so they aren't eligible.  My pitching comes down to 4 choices and I can only keep 2.  Scott Kazmir, who was my keeper from the previous season, Chad Billingsley, Brad Lidge, and Jose Valverde.  Any thoughts?  I'm leaning towards Kazmir and Lidge, but an argument could be made for Billingsley.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 02:01:32 PM »

Definitely no on the first one.  Keep Ramirez at all costs.  Nathan for Beltran might be worth considering, depending on what you could replace Beltran with.

I've got one for my team.  I'm in a keeper league and need to decide to keep 4 players from last seasons team.  We need to keep 2 hitters and 2 pitchers and can only keep 1 early round pick of each (guys who were drafted in rounds 1-5).  I've got and am obviously keeping Hanley.  And my other hitter is going to be Nate McLouth, only other option would be Delmon Young as I used my first 5 choices last year on hitters so they aren't eligible.  My pitching comes down to 4 choices and I can only keep 2.  Scott Kazmir, who was my keeper from the previous season, Chad Billingsley, Brad Lidge, and Jose Valverde.  Any thoughts?  I'm leaning towards Kazmir and Lidge, but an argument could be made for Billingsley.

Definitely Kazmir.

My concern with Lidge would be injuries...but based purely on performance, he'd be my other choice as well.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 02:11:32 PM »

Definitely Kazmir.

My concern with Lidge would be injuries...but based purely on performance, he'd be my other choice as well.

Thanks pilferk.  I think that's what I'll end up doing.  It's a 12 team league, so I'm trying to weigh whether it's more important to keep starting pitching or relievers.  Last year I had 3 pretty solid closers for most of the season but my starting pitching was a little lacking.  But I did finish 1st in my division and 2nd in the playoffs so that method seemed to work.  Hopefully I could land Billingsley OR better in the draft.  I figure Lidge is a top 5 closer or so and Billingsley is somewhere near a top 25 SP.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:13:25 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 02:28:23 PM »

Lidge was perfect last season and Philly are back just as strong. So definitely.

I know in Fantasy baseball, I always go hard on pitching my first 4 rounds.

I never take a hitter before round 5 unless I get a shitty spot in the order and most of the good pitchers are gone

If I get a top 3 pick though, I go pitching to the max cause u can get great hitting all through the draft usually.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 02:41:08 PM »

Lidge was perfect last season and Philly are back just as strong. So definitely.

I know in Fantasy baseball, I always go hard on pitching my first 4 rounds.

I never take a hitter before round 5 unless I get a shitty spot in the order and most of the good pitchers are gone

If I get a top 3 pick though, I go pitching to the max cause u can get great hitting all through the draft usually.
Yeah I rarely have a specific plan on how I draft from year to year, although the last couple years I've sided with hitting.  Last year I went heavy on offense because the year before even though I had as good an infield as you could have (Fielder, Utley, M. Cabrera, H. Ramirez) my outfield was pretty awful.  My pitching has been a little lacking but last year my closers helped even things out.   

western_chaos
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 10:48:14 PM »

Yeah, that guy finally gave up on the trades. He's desperate for offense lol.

He tried trading with another guy: Bobby Abreu for Huston Street.

Abreu is so much better.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 12:09:30 AM »

I don't understand this guy's strategy

shit, it isn't even Spring Training yet.

Hitters ALWAYS come out of nowhere.

Hitting is really the least of my concerns in Fantasy Baseball.

I always concede HR's, RBI and Slugging

I concentrate on OB, AVG, SB  I try to split the hitting categories, load up my pitching staff and consistently get wins.

It won me 2 first place trophies a couple years ago.

Last year, I did the hitting thing and lost my ass in every league.

so this year, back to pitching

western_chaos
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 10:18:21 AM »

So, this same guy just offered me another trade lol.

Carlos Beltran in exchange for Troy Percieval and Bobby Abreu.

Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »

You have to be careful with Troy Percival.  He's great when he's healthy, but he's always battling the injury bug.
western_chaos
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 11:15:31 PM »

You have to be careful with Troy Percival.  He's great when he's healthy, but he's always battling the injury bug.

Yeah, I'm aware. He is still promising his team he'll be healthy, but we'll see I guess.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 01:35:37 AM »

I would definitely take that trade.  If you're getting Beltran that is.

western_chaos
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 01:33:03 AM »

I would definitely take that trade.  If you're getting Beltran that is.

I'm not getting Beltran, ha ha. That's why I'm gonna reject it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: