Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is'nt it about time?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is'nt it about time?  (Read 2507 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« on: March 22, 2004, 08:08:38 PM »

Is'nt it about time Axl just became (publicly) a Trent Reznor type of artist...

After all, I don't see a chance of any reincarnation of GNR to appeal to people as the tight unit they once were.

That way all this band nonsense would stop. IF he tours, we would be seeing any musician who'll sign on to tour........... we'll have others that actually appear on the album(s) (like a Buckethead)...

Although he never really commented on the great, close bunch the latest players were, Axl needs to maybe ditch the idea of "band" and realize it may be a lot simpler, and more productive, to admit it's all him. That's it.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 08:48:17 PM »

I think the Greatest Hits is the perfect demo to test the waters and the power of the Guns N' Roses name in the music name. If the sorry ass record does good in the US and Canada then the label will be pleasantly surprised and give Axl perhaps a much needed confidence boost. The cd will definately garner a new generation of fans having no idea the history of the group or the waiting period for CD. My neighbor didn't even know who they were when they performed at the VMAS, so he immediately became interested and purchased all the albums and is still ansticipating CD. Its debateable but this is in fact a "band" in my opinion, they just are active maybe 10 days a year if your lucky Wink Buckethead was under contract and I predict maybe Brain and Pittman are too. Robin has been there the longest in the new lineup, and if memory serves me correctly, Axl brought him in to the studio for the very first time while Slash was still a bandmember. Hes been in the band for almost 8 years and he undeniably feels passionate about his contributions to it and rightfully so. Dizzy is a given. Axl and GnR is the reason of his existence. Tommy feels passionately about the group to, and seems very close with Axl at all times and respects him a great deal in interviews. Im on the fence with Richard. He looks like he enjoys playing the material so who knows.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 08:55:30 PM »

I think the Greatest Hits is the perfect demo to test the waters and the power of the Guns N' Roses name in the music name. If the sorry ass record does good in the US and Canada then the label will be pleasantly surprised and give Axl perhaps a much needed confidence boost. The cd will definately garner a new generation of fans having no idea the history of the group or the waiting period for CD. My neighbor didn't even know who they were when they performed at the VMAS, so he immediately became interested and purchased all the albums and is still ansticipating CD. Its debateable but this is in fact a "band" in my opinion, they just are active maybe 10 days a year if your lucky Wink Buckethead was under contract and I predict maybe Brain and Pittman are too. Robin has been there the longest in the new lineup, and if memory serves me correctly, Axl brought him in to the studio for the very first time while Slash was still a bandmember. Hes been in the band for almost 8 years and he undeniably feels passionate about his contributions to it and rightfully so. Dizzy is a given. Axl and GnR is the reason of his existence. Tommy feels passionately about the group to, and seems very close with Axl at all times and respects him a great deal in interviews. Im on the fence with Richard. He looks like he enjoys playing the material so who knows.

I understand your post, however, isn't the GH going to make people focus on the 'old band' and not the new one?  I think that is one of the many reasons why Axl didn't want it released as GNR does not consist of the 'old' anymore.

Your neighbor didn't know who Guns n' Roses were nervous Shocked
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 09:11:36 PM »

I understand your post, however, isn't the GH going to make people focus on the 'old band' and not the new one?  I think that is one of the many reasons why Axl didn't want it released as GNR does not consist of the 'old' anymore.

Your neighbor didn't know who Guns n' Roses were nervous Shocked

Well the old Guns N' Roses are the ones with the timeless classics, new GnR has nothing to show for it's existence yet, and to new fans who know nothing of GnR's history they probably wont care if it's the original band, just as long as theres an existing lineup touring the material. New fans im referring to are probably between 14-16. Yeah my neighbors only 13 so he mainly listens to modern music, but GnR is addictive as I can prove when AFD is still in my guitar stereo after i purchased it 10 years ago.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 04:49:14 AM »

Since gnr got defined by the vocals perfectly laid on top of the music, it's likely the GH will make axl and co more popular.

Again: if you play a VR song to an unupdated fan and a newgnr live song, i'm sure he will classify the newgnr song as gnr.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: