Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Deflated...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deflated...  (Read 4107 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: March 22, 2004, 10:22:28 PM »

I dont know where to begin. This whole Buckethead thing has just made me all sad and upset. I wont believe it until I dont see him at Rio or some announcement.

But lets say its true. Then what now. As everyone knows I have been a huge fan of this new lineup. I would argue with you fuckers for days on heated debates on topics, defending this band.

The reason why I did so was because they truly were a band. Bucket and the rest of the crew were a band since 99 and have made a shitload of music. Some of you accepted that they were a band and some said they were hired guns. But now one of the most important pieces of the puzzle is gone. Whther you liked him or not Buckethead was going to be a very important piece in bringing gnr back to the top.

Other than Axl, Bucket would have been the icon of this band as they began to release new material. He would have drawn in tons of new fans and kids.{if the music is good} His great talents added credibility and mystery to this band.

This all sux. You dont understand how much i love buckethead. Im glad that he quit a year ago, maybe he can be talked back into the band since a lot of time has passed. BUt whatver. Point is, I dont care who they replace him with. Its not gonna be the same. I dont want people listening to the new stuff and thinking that the new guy wrote it. I wanna hear bucket fukin shred with axls lyrics. I wanna see his creativity and comedy in the videos. Brian May is great or any new guy will be good but they wont be buckethead. He is so fukin cool and interesting. The new guy is just a hired gun.

We have had thousands of debates on the hired gun stuff. If you thought this new lineup was hired guns fine, but they were together for a number of years making thier own music. To me they arent hired guns, they were a band i fukin loved. And althogh they still are together, one of the most talented guitarists in the world has left. And that sux. Yea gnr will go on. But i wanted the world to see this band with buckethead.

This band was a bunch of freaks and i loved it. They were different. It made people laugh and say what the fuck is that. Yea Robin is still here but bucket capped everything off. He was the image of new gnr. He gave this new band credibility and an identity. He is the reason why you can get over the fact that there is no slash etc.

My point is Buckethead was the reason why this band could get over the old vs new comparisons. With a Brian May type people will just think this is a hired band. There is no distinction between old vs new. Buckethead gave this band that image.

But whatver. Im just so pissed that he left. He stayed loyal for awhile so i cant blam ehim. Maybe he is still loyal. who knows. Im not beliveing anything until i see it.

I come back from my college baseball trip from florida to read that bucket is prob gone. For some that is the best piece fo news you could here. For me it sucked. It sucked big time. Some of you only care because you think it will delay the albums or some other shit. I could careless. This isnt about release dates for me its about the band i love. The fukin guitarist i love. Whatver im done....peace

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 10:40:28 PM »

I totally agree.  Bring Buckethead back I mean how can he be replaced now?  Those bad ass solos, the nun-chucks the complete craziness!  Maybe we'll actually get some good news for once and confirm this rumor to be UN-TRUE!
kockstar99
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 11:13:46 PM »

I agree with you dude... 10000 percent... I grew to love the bucket like i did slash before him... "IF" he is in fact gone it will suck.... The band will continue but your right it wont be the same...Ill miss him everytime I hear the 2nd solo on Nightrain being played by someone else..most of all thats when ill miss him...
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 12:03:34 AM »

Yea, you're sooooooooooooooooooo right, it just won't be the same watching someone besides BH play Slash's solos . I really feel like the end of an era is upon us.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 12:05:13 AM by providman » Logged
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 01:16:59 AM »

Youngunner, I know how much the new band means to you..........I found it equally as depressing if you could find some of my posts from the previous week...
kockstar99
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 01:33:21 AM »

Yea, you're sooooooooooooooooooo right, it just won't be the same watching someone besides BH play Slash's solos . I really feel like the end of an era is upon us.
watching him play them better than Slash did....Thats what I will miss..  Dont try to turn this mans thread into another Slash vs Buckethead post... The man will honestly miss buckethead... If you dont then fine for you you can always go see a VR show and hear him play them there....
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 01:53:32 AM »

BH isn't quite dead mate....u can still listen to his work on other projects but sadly not on GN'R

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 03:02:09 AM »

its impossible to not make this a slash vs bucket debate, if i can get over slash quitting i think i can almost get over anything gnr related GNR can be compared to wrestling

check out this analogy my mates from the wrestling section on the board

u take chris benoit one of the greatest technical wrestlers in the world, he is probably the greatest wrestler alive just like bucket is the greatest technical and one of the greatest guitarists alive

benoit is the champ right now but his popularity is minimal due to his lack of charisma and over rall stage presence

Stone Cold Steve Austin is a good wrestler, nowhere on the level of benoit as far as technical ability however he has charisma by the bucketloads just like slash, so austin cant technically wrestle as well as benoit but is more exciting and more entertaining than benoit and gets the greatest crowd reaction, make that one of the greatest in wrestling history, this is slash technically he isnt better than bucket but slash has the intangible qualities that bucket lacks

so if bucket is gone good luck to him but i honestly dont give a shit who plays with axl as long as its axl rose i dont care who surrounds him
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 03:03:05 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kockstar99
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 03:06:58 AM »

so if bucket is gone good luck to him but i honestly dont give a shit who plays with axl as long as its axl rose i dont care who surrounds him

ok yes  me too....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2004, 06:19:12 AM »

Don't worry...we still have Robin Finck ok

*Bursts into tears and sits sobbing in the corner*
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 06:20:16 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »