Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Another Guns N' Roses Mention On Stern...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another Guns N' Roses Mention On Stern...  (Read 5051 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« on: March 23, 2004, 07:34:30 AM »

Howard just did a live read (commercial) for Greatest Hits and during it said "I love Guns N' Roses" and began singing along to "Welcome To The Jungle".  He also said "Why doesnt that idiot get back together with Slash" and they briefly played "Sweet Child O' Mine".
alwaysoutparading
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 03:02:45 PM »

lol Didn't Howard interview Axl back in the day and tell him to get rid of "those other guys in Guns N' Roses" and that he was the talented one??
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 03:23:27 PM »

Fuck I missed that live commercial.

Shit, who the fuck can say what Axl has done was good or not when we dont have the outcome of these decisions to judge him upon.

And in regards to Stern...he may be off the air in less then 2 weeks when the congressional bill is passed, and Bush signs it (which he is expected to do). Bush and these religious zealots needs to fucking kill themselves already. This is such bullshit. That stupid fuck Opra (however the fuck its spelled) just did a show that featured some bitch explaining what "tossing someones salad" meant, and all the bitches were all laughing and cackling about it. But the bitch wont get fined for it. Goddamn this shit pisses me off.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 03:26:16 PM »

lol Didn't Howard interview Axl back in the day and tell him to get rid of "those other guys in Guns N' Roses" and that he was the talented one??

Yeah, I remember that. Funny how opinions change  Roll Eyes

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 03:28:54 PM »

Yeah, I remember that. Funny how opinions change  Roll Eyes

Does anyone know where I can find this interview with Axl? It would be nice to hear/read that interview.  
petelemonjello
Opening Act

GOOD NIGHT JIM KITE

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 05:46:27 PM »

Does anyone know where I can find this interview with Axl? It would be nice to hear/read that interview.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey J.D.
 Try Marksfriggin.com he transcripts every show pretty much or one of the other stern fan sites may have it but marksfriggin.com should have it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 05:49:54 PM by petelemonjello » Logged

Not Illusions Allusions
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey J.D.
 Try Marksfriggin.com he transcripts every show pretty much or one of the other stern fan sites may have it but marksfriggin.com should have it.

Marksfriggin.com dates back to '96.  You can find some Slash transcripts (theyre pretty boring) but the Axl ones date back to the late '80s/early 90s.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 06:32:44 PM »

"those other guys in Guns N' Roses" and that he was the talented one??
Thats why u shouldnt take his opinion too seriosuly when discussing music.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dizzy
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 06:51:03 PM »

And in regards to Stern...he may be off the air in less then 2 weeks when the congressional bill is passed, and Bush signs it (which he is expected to do). Bush and these religious zealots needs to fucking kill themselves already. This is such bullshit. That stupid fuck Opra (however the fuck its spelled) just did a show that featured some bitch explaining what "tossing someones salad" meant, and all the bitches were all laughing and cackling about it. But the bitch wont get fined for it. Goddamn this shit pisses me off.

Agreed!  And it wasn't even Howard's fault that some asshole called his show and made a racial comment, yet he gets punished for it.   rant
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2004, 07:05:09 PM »

Whats sad, is that a lot of people dont even see any of this as a big deal. Our rights are all being taken away.

Back in day, the colonists left England because of the religious motherfuckers who had a stranglehold on everything. Now in America the same thing is happening again.

The line is being drawn. Stern will be gone soon. Then who's next. God for fucking bid someone opposes Bush and the Church.

Clear Channel has given millions to the republican party. Stern opposed Bush on a few recent issues. Clear Channel Fired Stern. The FCC (run by Powells son) fined Stern. Now this bill is going to come to pass. You do the math.

People need to realize how fucked things are getting.

Axl has a lot of material in these events that would make for some killer tracks. But he better not attack Bush or the Church, or you can bet that CD really will never come to be. Maybe he should change the album to Chinese America because its starting to smell like it.

MCT
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2004, 07:14:23 PM »

Whats sad, is that a lot of people dont even see any of this as a big deal. Our rights are all being taken away.

Off-topic I know.........but.......BULLSHIT.......and I'd be impressed if you could impress on me, an argument to go along with that statement....(as opposed to the rest of your post of course)

People need to realize how things are just as "fucked" as they always were...........

Oh! And to stay on topic.......ah......the Axl mention on Stern was quite a display of.....ah.....music kinda stuff.........

And Axl is not an ELEPHANT!!!!! Come on people......what's wrong with you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2004, 07:15:02 PM »

Back in day, the colonists left England because of the religious motherfuckers who had a stranglehold on everything. Now in America the same thing is happening again.

The line is being drawn. Stern will be gone soon. Then who's next. God for fucking bid someone opposes Bush and the Church.

Clear Channel has given millions to the republican party. Stern opposed Bush on a few recent issues. Clear Channel Fired Stern. The FCC (run by Powells son) fined Stern. Now this bill is going to come to pass. You do the math.

Axl has a lot of material in these events that would make for some killer tracks. But he better not attack Bush or the Church, or you can bet that CD really will never come to be. Maybe he should change the album to Chinese America because its starting to smell like it.

Buddah I agree with you %150. Clear Channel is the whore in the radio industry and they are putting their dicks up the FCC's ass giving Powel some pleasure this election year.. AM\FM radio are both hurting right now and the new FCC laws and Clear Channel doesnt help them out one bit. It wont be long until satelite radio is the main unless the FCC tries to get control of it as well. Howard is doing what is right buy making the public aware of how fucked the FCC is.
Sorry this is a touchie subject right now in my life...

Back to the thread.. Howards opinon changes on a week by week basis next week if he does another live read he will tell slash to get back with Axl..

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 07:27:46 PM »

MCT man, you need to educate yourself. I am not mad at you bro, but there is a movement right now, that hasn't existed in years, and you need to follow up on the current events. I'll help.

Learn about the Bill that is GOING to be passed and what that will mean to our free speach.

You know fuck, no one site has better information on this right now than the man's own site. There is a shitload of information about this Bill, Clear Channels and the FCC hypocracy, and the taking away of our free speech.

http://www.howardstern.com/

Dude please educate yourself. That goes for the rest of you.

MCT
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 07:47:54 PM »

MCT man, you need to educate yourself.

Yeah I know.........whaddya think I should go for? Carpentry? Astronomy? Esthetics? I have many interests....and I'm willing to learn.......

I am not mad at you bro,

Thank heavens!!! I thought you were fuming!!! nervous

but there is a movement right now, that hasn't existed in years, and you need to follow up on the current events. I'll help.

Please..... Roll Eyes......OLD NEWS........

Learn about the Bill that is GOING to be passed and what that will mean to our free speach.

It doesn't do anything to our free speach (SPEECH). And I suppose what I was talking about, was the fact that many people think it does indeed, impede free speech...... Roll Eyes..what a crock of shit....

Dude please educate yourself.

I already asked you man........what do you think?.......Custodial Arts?Huh?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 07:48:49 PM »

Off topic, take it to the jungle.

I think we even had a thread about this a while ago.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MCT
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2004, 07:52:43 PM »

Off topic, take it to the jungle.
I think we even had a thread about this a while ago.
/jarmo

Sorry Uncle Albert...........

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: