Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:30:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Cannibis not linked to violent behavior
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cannibis not linked to violent behavior  (Read 8073 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« on: August 24, 2007, 11:40:46 AM »

Alcohol And Cocaine ? But Not Cannabis ? Linked To Violent Behavior, Study Says

August 23, 2007 - Victoria, BC, Canada

Victoria, British Columbia: Cannabis use is not independently associated with causing violence, according to the results of a multivariate analysis to be published in the journal Addictive Behaviors.

Investigators at the University of Victoria, Centre for Addictions Research assessed how frequently subjects in a substance abuse treatment facility reported using cocaine, alcohol, and/or cannabis in the hours immediately prior to committing a violent act. Researchers also evaluated subjects? personality for characteristics associated with violent behavior, such as risk-taking, impulsivity, and/or disrespect for the law.

Investigators concluded: "When analyses were conducted controlling for covariates, the frequency of alcohol and cocaine use was significantly related to violence, suggesting that pharmacological effects [of the drugs] may play a role in violence. Frequency of cannabis use, however, was not significantly related to violence when controlling for other factors."

The study?s conclusions are similar to the findings of a pair of recent government reports refuting allegations that cannabis use triggers violent behavior. The first, published by the Canadian Senate in 2002, determined: "Cannabis use does not induce users to commit other forms of crime. Cannabis use does not increase aggressiveness or anti-social behavior."

The second review, published by the British Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, reported: "Cannabis differs from alcohol in one major respect. It does not seem to increase risk-taking behavior. This means that cannabis rarely contributes to violence either to others or to oneself, whereas alcohol use is a major factor in deliberate self-harm, domestic accidents and violence."

Most recently, a logistical regression analysis of approximately 900 trauma patients published in the Journal of TRAUMA Injury, Infection, and Critical Care, determined that the use of cannabis is not independently associated with either violent or non-violent injuries requiring hospitalization. By contrast, alcohol and cocaine use are associated with violence-related injuries, the study found.

For more information, please contact Paul Armentano, NORML Senior Policy Analyst, at: paul@norml.org. Full text of the study, "Predicting violence among cocaine, cannabis, and alcohol treatment clients," will appear in the journal Addictive Behaviors. Additional audio commentary regarding this study is available on the August 15, 2007 broadcast of the NORML Audio Stash at: http://audio.norml.org/audio_stash/NORML_Daily_AudioStash_08_15_2007.mp3.

From NORML

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 11:49:53 AM »

everyone i knew that smoked cannabis alot got aggressive and all redfaced so i disagree with this.

html sucks
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 11:52:58 AM »

I disagree with you..But i think it?s different from person to person i guess

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 11:55:14 AM »

im talkin ALOT of it lol. bunch of stoners XD

people i know who did it a bit. are like trippy hippies lol

html sucks
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 12:10:40 PM »

I guess I am a "trippy Yippie". I used to smoke a quarter oz.( at least) a day, and we always wanted to just chill and listen to tunes.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 12:43:59 PM »

Yay! The Yippies are coming! The Yippies are coming!

Better get those vintage Indian tye-died dresses out of storage...

Toke up!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 12:52:33 PM »

nothing earth shattering here. anyone who thinks ghanja and violence are linked has never had a spliff. depression, now thats another story....
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 01:10:20 PM »

I guess I am a "trippy Yippie". I used to smoke a quarter oz.( at least) a day, and we always wanted to just chill and listen to tunes.

Not if you play the music with it.  beer

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »

Haha, I've always been less violent on coke then anything else. I'd always be with some stupid fucks when I'm smoking and they'd always be tryin' to steal shit n' and I'd be just gettin' pissed. And on coke, I'm just easily amused. I remember once I was playing with a bouncy ball n' bouncing it off my wall n' it was comin' back to me. That's all I did. Cheesy

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 01:52:57 PM »

Haha, I've always been less violent on coke then anything else. I'd always be with some stupid fucks when I'm smoking and they'd always be tryin' to steal shit n' and I'd be just gettin' pissed. And on coke, I'm just easily amused. I remember once I was playing with a bouncy ball n' bouncing it off my wall n' it was comin' back to me. That's all I did. Cheesy

... and peeping under doors for men in black shoes.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 02:31:52 PM »

nothing earth shattering here. anyone who thinks ghanja and violence are linked has never had a spliff. depression, now thats another story....

I think there's a lot of cause & effect confusion with regards to marijuana...

Are you sure it isn't just more depressed people smoking weed?  It all depends on the person.  Your mind may wander a little more and bring out your depression (or aggressiveness), but I'd wager you weren't a happy (or passive) person in the first place. 
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 02:53:29 PM »

Cannibis is linked to violent behavior..  Have you ever seen some kid get caught smoking a bone by his enraged parent?
    The father got violent, the mother depressed and the smoker lost his high.  It's a bad deal for all involved..Just say no to drugs, violent dads and depressed mothers.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 02:54:56 PM »

Cannibis is linked to violent behavior.. Have you ever seen some kid get caught smoking a bone by his enraged parent?
 The father got violent, the mother depressed and the smoker lost his high. It's a bad deal for all involved..Just say no to drugs, violent dads and depressed mothers.

Now THIS makes sense....    rofl
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 03:21:20 PM »

I have never seen anybody get violent on cannabis and I sure know many who smoke. The only thing I have seen is paranoia from people who don't smoke and then smoke some - if the body isn't used to it, they either get paranoid or fall asleep. But dubage makes most people mellow, at least in my experience.  rant hihi

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 03:36:49 PM »

I also know a lot of them..I guess i was one to..And the most violent thing that happened to me was me calling a dog "whore"

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 04:41:40 PM »

I agree with whoever said anyone who thinks pot is linked to violence has obviously never smoked a joint before..I get lazy n mellow n happy Smiley hihi peace

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »

I think there's a lot of cause & effect confusion with regards to marijuana...

Are you sure it isn't just more depressed people smoking weed? It all depends on the person. Your mind may wander a little more and bring out your depression (or aggressiveness), but I'd wager you weren't a happy (or passive) person in the first place.

i was a happy well adjusted lad before i started smoking. for the first few years i didnt smoke once, but as i started getting a little more money i could afford to buy more regularly, this led to apathy and a boredom with life which was only filled by ghanja - you know where this is going, the whole vicious circle bit. Anyway, cut out the weed and life gets better is what i and most of my friends have discovered.

90% of my friends who smoked dope in high school, those who still do (regularly, not a toke at parties) are all living shitty existences. the majority of those who knocked it on the head are heading towards graduating uni.

but like you say, it affects different people differently, it doesnt seem to do anything to my brother - he smokes non stop and manages to function - i can't do that.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 02:06:56 AM »

Unfortunately a whole generation of kids got fucked up smoking hydroponics crap, laced with.........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 03:22:18 AM »

Maybe a fight over the Cheetos bag...maybe.

It might go something like this:

Stoner: Hey.

Stoner 2: Hey dude.

Stoner: Hey

Stoner 2: Huh?

Stoner: Huh?

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 06:27:37 AM »

Unfortunately a whole generation of kids got fucked up smoking hydroponics crap, laced with.........

Though I don't smoke weed anymore, I just have to ask ... why would anyone lace hydroponically grown weed with anything? The only thing we used to lace weed with was hash oil.

The whole "lacing weed with chemicals" statement is a red herring used by anti-drug advocates because they can't, or won't find a better argument to discredit Marijuana usage.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 06:31:54 AM »

hilarious rofl
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 06:49:36 AM »

Afroman-Because I Got High

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 07:02:41 AM »

Hey, old school naturally grown herb is one thing.

To make more money off it, some people have come up with ways to pump up hyrodponically grown stuff with chemicals in the watering systems.

It's not exactly natural weed anymore!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007, 07:24:30 AM »

Well maybe I'm out of the loop, but I don't see how the plant could metabolize anything that would alter its THC without killing it. It seems like the plant is only going to use the nutrients it needs ... anything else would be detrimental. Though, I have to admit, I am very ignorant when it comes to Biology.

Just curious, those chemicals wouldn't be Phosphorous, Nitrates, and Potash would they? hihi
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 07:30:27 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 07:31:07 AM »

It could also have something to do with the "air" drying process.

Stuff is added to make it super potent.

And in answer to your question, I have no idea. Not really into the scene.... Tongue

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 07:34:02 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 07:35:17 AM »

Good seeds make it super potent.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 08:00:28 AM »

Yes, but Northern Lights and Purple Haze doesn't really exist anymore.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2007, 08:21:10 AM »

Everything evolves, even weed.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 08:25:24 AM »

Yes, but the young brains smoking it haven't.

(And plus the music they have to listen to these days is shit. Grunge and "super potent" dope do not mix. Not a happy place to be.........unless you put on The Who or something like that).......

Or maybe it's something unique to Australia. The drug laws changed from 10 plants outdoor, a slap on the wrist to 1 plant huge fine and/or court appearance.

Everything had to go indoors....these plants haven't even been kissed by mother sun!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 08:31:34 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 08:46:53 AM »

Where I'm at, the laws went from 25 plants or less(a fine), to more than 4 plants a felony(conceivably prison). Considering that one loses 75% in growth due to various causes, that means, one good plant could lead to incarceration ... yet, I can get a rock and a whore down on the corner for less than $30 ... oh the irony.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 09:35:50 AM »

Huh

..Not true.. no

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 11:35:30 AM »

Is that from "The Merchant of Venice"?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 11:38:41 AM »

"Two Gentlemen of Verona"

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 11:56:26 AM »

actually its a Bill Hicks joke
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2007, 05:10:35 AM »

And further to our discussion re: cannabis.

It's excellent in alieviating chronic pain.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007, 07:13:51 AM »

Though I don't smoke weed anymore, I just have to ask ... why would anyone lace hydroponically grown weed with anything? The only thing we used to lace weed with was hash oil.

The whole "lacing weed with chemicals" statement is a red herring used by anti-drug advocates because they can't, or won't find a better argument to discredit Marijuana usage.

They only people who lace it is idiots.. And dealers who have shitty stuff, needing to get people to think they have a buzz
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2007, 03:15:28 AM »

Huh

..Not true.. no

And neither do Thai Sticks for that matter! !

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2007, 03:43:31 AM »

One of the last times I smoked pot, just to smoke pot alone, it was laced with something. I begged for my girlfriend to take me to the ER, but she babysat my ass for a long 12 hours instead.  no
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2007, 03:49:20 AM »

One of the last times I smoked pot, just to smoke pot alone, it was laced with something. I begged for my girlfriend to take me to the ER, but she babysat my ass for a long 12 hours instead.? no

Which brings memories of one of the greatest movies ever back!!!!

Man Stoner: Hey, hey don't take those, man.
Pedro: ...Wha?
Man Stoner: I almost gave you the wrong shit, man.
Pedro: Hey, man, I already took 'em, man.
Man Stoner: Hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo...
Pedro: Hey, whaddaya mean "ho ho ho ho ho"?
Man Stoner: Oh... HU-WOW, MAN!
Pedro: Hey, what was that shit, man?
Man Stoner: You just at the most acid I've ever seen anybody eat in my life!
Pedro: Hey, man, I never had no acid before, man.
Man Stoner: I just hope you're not busy for about a month...

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2007, 03:57:06 AM »

LOL, it sure is funny, as long as it's not me!

One of the things I remember the most.....I could hear air passing through the A/C vent louder than anything else (My girlfriends voice sounded like it was miles away.) It screamed in my ear, the otherwise slight rattle of the vent, agonizingly, excruciatingly loud-I thought I had lost my mind.  hihi
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2007, 04:06:37 AM »

Back when liquid trip was all the craze, There was a guy who spilled some in his hand, he then went around the party letting people dip their fingers into it for a dose. The acid absorbed though his hands. His trip was one that only a true Deadhead could wish for.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2007, 04:20:40 AM »

Here's a good acid story.

(Back around 1993 or so.)

Stopped by a party with my buddy before hitting a dance club. Everybody was doing acid. I was not a real big acid guy, but popped one in my mouth anyway. I ran to the bathroom a bit later and spit it out in the toilet. I didn't know that my body had already absorbed it.

Get to the club, where I proceed to dance all night long. I don't stop, just dance...get down with the get down.

I get home around 3:30 am or so and realize I have to do my laundry, or I'll have no clothes for work the next day. At the time I lived at this totally cool apartment on the water, on an island off of downtown Tampa. The washer and dryer were free (believe it or not), down the stairs, and outside. So I collect my clothes to wash and decide that I should wash the clothes I am in too. Go down, start the laundry and start back upstairs to my apartment.

Half way up, I realize, something is not quite right. So I stop on the landing to try and think about what is bothering me so much. Feel like I'm forgetting something, it's just nagging at me. Then it hits me...I'm completely naked!  hihi I took off my clothes to wash, walked downstairs without any clothes on, and started my laundry. Strolling past all my neighbors in the process.

The next day I see my friends and I say "Hey wow, I danced all fucking night long." I didn't think I said much, but they all died with laughter. I knew something wasn't quite right and one of them says "You didn't dance at all, you just stood there and starred at the strobe light for 4 hours!"  hihi
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:22:59 AM by Pharmo-Years » Logged
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 04:29:10 AM »

Do they still sell acid these days do they?

I though it was all crystal meth!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2007, 04:31:55 AM »

I though it was all crystal meth!

Crystal is more popular with the evangelical preachers I think.

Edit: Actually one of the drugs I never liked, what a miserable experience.  hihi
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2007, 04:36:53 AM »

Australia's in the middle of a pretty bad ice epidemic at the mo.  no

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2007, 04:37:42 AM »

Australia's in the middle of a pretty bad ice epidemic at the mo.  no

Everywhere I think, it is an absolutely disgusting drug.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2007, 04:39:21 AM »

Thatis a funny story dude. here is one for you.

I haven't done any acid in nearly 30 years, but once, before a night out, I helped a friend out and got a sheet in return. So when I got to the bar I turned everyone on, It was one hell of wigfest.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2007, 04:40:27 AM »

You didn't throw pies in any body's face did you?  hihi

Nothing like some crazed Yippie tripping his balls off.  Shocked
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2007, 04:41:10 AM »

Not then

Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: