Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:49:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  MICHEAL JACKSON NOT GUILTY!!!!! YES!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MICHEAL JACKSON NOT GUILTY!!!!! YES!!!!!  (Read 29208 times)
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2005, 06:41:10 PM »

lucrative book deals...this is just sad...no interest in justice, just pure greed

------------

So, now after the multi month trial, the intense media spotlight of the world and several months of silence, two jurors in the child molestation trial of Michael Jackson claim the pop star was actually guilty after all. In an interview with MSNBC?s Rita Cosby, Jackson jurors Ray Hultman and Eleanor Cook assert that they regret acquitting the singer and say that the jury foreman pressured them into voting not guilty. According to Cook, the foreman said that ?if I could not change my mind or go with the group, or be more understanding, that he would have to notify the bailiff, the bailiff would notify the judge, and the judge would have me removed.? Removed for believing Jackson was guilty? Jurors in trials have a solemn responsibility to vote to convict a defendant if they believe the evidence is convincing.

The story sounds quite fishy, but of course, both jurors are now shopping potentially lucrative book deals and stand to profit from their late conversions. The jurors claim that the public has a right to know the truth, better late than never. However, it seems more likely that they are trying to cash in on the controversy surrounding the star and the trial. During the jury deliberations, there was ample time for these two jurors to convince the other jurors of Jackson?s guilt or at least to maintain their stance and force a hung jury. For these jurors to announce their supposed beliefs at this point is not only too late to convict Jackson, but it! also looks quite suspicious as well.

According to Cook, there is ?No doubt in my mind whatsoever, that boy was molested.? If so, it is an outrage that she would have allowed a guilty man to walk free, especially a child molester. If she truly believed he was such a monster, then it was her obligation as a juror to vote for a conviction. Because Cook believed that Jackson was ?no doubt? guilty means that she had convinced herself based on the evidence that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Cook was negligent in her duty as a juror, and a coward for not expressing her feelings forcefully enough in the jury room. By allowing a child molester to go free, she also should bear some responsibility if Jackson is convicted of any similar crimes in the future.

After the trial concluded, Cook seemed more incensed at the accuser?s mother for snapping her fingers than at Jackson, saying ?Don?t snap your fingers at me, lady.? For his part, Hultman claims that Jackson?s ex-wife Debbie Rowe was paid off by Jackson to give favorable testimony to the pop star. Of course, defense attorney Thomas Mesereau denies such charges and believes the comments of Cook and Hultman are ?embarrassing and outrageous.? According to Mesereau, ?These people voted not guilty 14 times. ... Now, nearly two months after being discharged, they?re changing their tune. I think it?s laughable.?

It is also irrelevant since prosecutors cannot recharge Jackson on these counts. Santa Barbara District Attorney Thomas Sneddon responded to the juror?s comments and the new controversy with a terse statement, ?It?s over with.? Legally he is correct, but not in the world of book deals, cable television, celebrity magazines and our country?s vapid pop culture. In that world, the story has just been given new life.

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2005, 11:54:18 PM »

These two jurors should be sued.

The only reason they are saying they think he was guilty now is to write a book and make money.

They shouldnt be allowed to do this

some people may actually believe this.

They are liars and are doing this for money.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2005, 03:08:25 PM »

I dont know if these are the same two that I heard about the day the trial ended, but there were two jurors that stated that their personal belief was that Michael Jackson did do what he was accused of. They just didnt think that the state proved that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Kitano
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2005, 03:27:38 PM »

There is a major problem with high profile cases in the US.  Time and time again we get bizarre decisions from juries.  From what I saw of the evidence in the cases the verdicts in the OJ simpson, robert blake, scott peterson and michael jackson trials did not make any sense.

It's time that the media were prevented from speculating on trials while they are continuing.  I know that the media have a right to free speech but people have the right to a fair trial and that is more important than allowing geraldo to talk out of his ass.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2005, 03:48:55 PM »

There is a major problem with high profile cases in the US.? Time and time again we get bizarre decisions from juries.? From what I saw of the evidence in the cases the verdicts in the OJ simpson, robert blake, scott peterson and michael jackson trials did not make any sense.

It's time that the media were prevented from speculating on trials while they are continuing.? I know that the media have a right to free speech but people have the right to a fair trial and that is more important than allowing geraldo to talk out of his ass.

You make a very good point. Even when juries are sequestered they still get conjugal visits and if you think information is not being passed on during these visits, you are sadly mistaken. Vincent Bugliosi wrote an excellent book after the Simpson trial about how all the stations were competing to outdo eachother that they were just putting anyone who was a name in the legal field in front of the camera. Most of the people that were on camera had never even tried a murder case if they had even seen the inside of a court room at all.

I do think the media has the right to cover these events either by putting cameras in the court room or just the old fashion way of reading about it in the paper the next day. What needs to go away is these talking heads that get in front of a camera and try to tell us how we should feel about the news. If you are too dumb to form your own opinion on a situation you should just turn the damn t.v. off and go be a moderator for some sports video game web site. Wink

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2005, 03:57:18 AM »

Hey the roast is up there!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dust N Rose
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2005, 02:51:47 PM »

I didn't watch the trials since I couldn't afford the time.
I wish Jackson's trully innocent but I doubt the american justice in such cases, e.g. microsoft case
MCT
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2005, 03:34:05 PM »

Lisa Marie is on Oprah tomorrow.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2005, 04:11:57 PM »

They just didnt think that the state proved that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
With all the kids and parents testifying? Dumb ass jury...

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: