Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:49:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Europeans prefer China to the US?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Europeans prefer China to the US?  (Read 28745 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 03:04:41 AM »

Ouch!!! That hurts..........

You forgot that we are all getting fat, and have fat kids too!

Come on, be realistic... That's obviously not going to be a problem for much longer, aren't you aware that they have machines which pump your abs and you don't even have to leave your television?? ?yes

Hell yea man.

I can watch court tv's most up to date distraction du jour, as my ab machine pumps my abs.

If that doesn't work I can always get a loan for plastic surgery. Those are popping up all over the country now. I could even take a home equity line of credit to do surgery on myself too (very popular as well).

People will like me for my perfect smile, abs, and my yellow magnetic ribbon that goes on the back of my SUV (made in China of course).
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 03:35:46 AM »

Ouch!!! That hurts..........

You forgot that we are all getting fat, and have fat kids too!

Come on, be realistic... That's obviously not going to be a problem for much longer, aren't you aware that they have machines which pump your abs and you don't even have to leave your television?? ?yes

Hell yea man.

I can watch court tv's most up to date distraction du jour, as my ab machine pumps my abs.

If that doesn't work I can always get a loan for plastic surgery. Those are popping up all over the country now. I could even take a home equity line of credit to do surgery on myself too (very popular as well).

People will like me for my perfect smile, abs, and my yellow magnetic ribbon that goes on the back of my SUV (made in China of course).

what are these yellow ribbons ? ?_?

Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 03:36:05 AM »

Is this actually true?? A country which kills its own people and his horrible in the arena of human rights.? I sure hope this isnt true.?

It may be true ... but I see some logic in here !

We know that China is a pseudo communist regime ... we know about tien an men ... we know about repression ...

We also know the USA is the most powerful democracy in the world. So as a vast majority of Europeans weren't in favor of the iraq war and that G.W Bush didn't care about the UN and the security council and went alone w/ the British the result of the poll is not that surprising.

We don't judge the two countries on the same standards ... Europeans are more prompt to juge badly a democracy that doesn't seem to follow the rules than a communist dictatorship that follows any. China is not out there claiming they are the best democratic country in the planet !

edit to add : of course for the time being I'd still choose the USA ! But I do understand the result of the poll and it's rather surprising you're so amazed. And when I read that as a result you preconise to distance yourselves from the UN and other world bodies you're just so wrong ! What europeans are waiting is for you to comply w/ the rules of these international bodies ... (ie international court of justice).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 03:45:11 AM by Rain » Logged

The force ... the force ...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 03:43:52 AM »

Is this actually true?? A country which kills its own people and his horrible in the arena of human rights.? I sure hope this isnt true.?

We don't judge the two countries on the same standards ... Europeans are more prompt to juge badly a democracy that doesn't seem to follow the rules than a communist dictatorship that follows any. China is not out there claiming they are the best democratic country in the planet !

And the post of the day award goes to................
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 03:50:15 AM »

what are these yellow ribbons ? ?_?

They are magnetic and stick to the back of our cars in America.

Usually say "support the troops" Or "Pray for the troops". Stuff like that. Ironically, many are made in China. The funniest is seeing "Support the troops" on the back of big Toyota 8cylinder SUVs getting 10mpg. These people don't see the irony in this.

(After 9-11 my wife put an American flag magnet on the back of her car...and somebody stole it! What kind of fucker steals an American Flag magnet?? hihi )

Also in Flag/ribbon/support the troops:

« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 04:02:59 AM by SLC » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 04:40:36 AM »

It may be true ... but I see some logic in here !

We know that China is a pseudo communist regime ... we know about tien an men ... we know about repression ...

We also know the USA is the most powerful democracy in the world. So as a vast majority of Europeans weren't in favor of the iraq war and that G.W Bush didn't care about the UN and the security council and went alone w/ the British the result of the poll is not that surprising.

edit to add : of course for the time being I'd still choose the USA ! But I do understand the result of the poll and it's rather surprising you're so amazed. And when I read that as a result you preconise to distance yourselves from the UN and other world bodies you're just so wrong ! What europeans are waiting is for you to comply w/ the rules of these international bodies ... (ie international court of justice).
Good analyse. You have a point here.
But for me, it doesn't change the fact Europeans are completly wrong in their views and walk on the head.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 05:37:28 AM »

and walk on the head.

i've never seen anybody walk on his head....
and again no ones wrong. depends on what side you stand.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2005, 05:46:12 AM »

and walk on the head.

i've never seen anybody walk on his head....
traduce in french and you'll have the right interpretation.

Pervert point of vue in that case. Would you say the Nazis weren't wrong? would you say "it depends what side you stand"? come on...
A dictatorship is a disctatorship. There is no way to even "discuss" on it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 05:49:11 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 06:21:31 AM »

no, but in Nazi's heads they were right. that's all i'm saying.
just like a war
> for iraqis terrorist it's "good" to kill american soldier.
> for american soldiers it's "good" to kill iraqis terrorists.
simple as that Smiley

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 08:56:02 AM »

Is this actually true? A country which kills its own people and his horrible in the arena of human rights. I sure hope this isnt true.

when you pose the question like that, no. But that is a profoundly ill-equipped question. I'm sure someone far more clever than i could think up reasons for disliking the US and putting that into question form.

But if somebody asked me which country i prefered then i'd go for china, without a doubt. In 30 years time it'll be them calling the shots.

Besides the War in Iraq, what do you dislike about the U.S.?

Their presidential candidates, thier history of corruption, thier propoganda, the way they take advantage of people to schieve the government's agenda...

dont get me wrong, im nto anto-american and i dont hate america eaither, i just dont like the way their government is slipping away in thier downward spiral.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
GnRNightrain
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2005, 09:16:54 AM »

I'm confused...

You are talking about China or USA?

Comparing our human rights to China is like Dick Durbin comparing our Troops to the Nazis.  Oh wait nervous
GnRNightrain
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »

at least china has a future, somewhere to go and to evolve.

rich countries like the US or france or, can only go worst and worst.
we're doomed. we're so rotten and sick.
america is almost decadent.
So in other words, we should prefer Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea to an any country in Europe or North America Roll Eyes
GnRNightrain
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2005, 09:21:59 AM »

why is it anti-americanism? do you think we have a natural love of america and this has been driven out of us?

A country is not just its government.
Perhaps that is the wrong term.? But when you prefer a communist nation that kills its own citizens and is on the bottom of the list of human rights, I am not sure what else to call it.? I can see our faults, but saying that we are less preferred than China?? It makes me happy that we are distancing ourselves from the UN and other world bodies.? If people cant see the difference with the US and China, then Im not sure I want them to have any part in our decision making process.

Maybe it is time you take a more honest look at the actions of your country.

At what point are you going to stop blaming everybody else?

Did it ever occur to you that we have lost respect in the world?

Or is your narrow-minded view, ie everybody else is wrong, impossible to let go of?

Bush's approval rating (AT HOME!!!) is between 37-44% (depending on what poll you look at). Do you really think that the world is going to have a better view of us then the nimrods hanging onto their pride here at home?

Part of America's strength was it's ability to inspire people of other nations. We've lost that because of greed, hypocrisy, lies, war crimes, crimes against humanity, and those remaining 37-44% who think Bush is doing a great job. It baffles people abroad.

Certainly SLC, I realize that we have lost some respect in the world.  But preferring China to us, that is a slap in the face.  I would think that even you could figure out how ridiculous this is.  Im not saying that the US is perfect, nor am I saying there isnt a lot to criticize.  I am simply saying that preferring China to us is absolutely ridiculous.  You seriously dont agree with me?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2005, 09:41:33 AM »

europe is jealous of the US. so there's always been a little hatred towards us.

but when one of these nations gets hit with a terrorist attack or is being invaded by china or some other communist nation, guess who they'll turn to. that's right the good old US of A. and of course, we'll be happy to help.

it's like a little brother, big brother situation. i hated my older brother when i was younger, and i felt like he hated me. he was tougher, smarter, better at everything, and could get away with whatever he wanted. but when i got the shit beat out of me by thugs from other neighborhoods, it was my brother that went out, found them, and kicked their ass. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2005, 09:48:32 AM »

but when one of these nations gets hit with a terrorist attack or is being invaded by china or some other communist nation, guess who they'll turn to. that's right the good old US of A. and of course, we'll be happy to help.

it's like a little brother, big brother situation. i hated my older brother when i was younger, and i felt like he hated me. he was tougher, smarter, better at everything, and could get away with whatever he wanted. but when i got the shit beat out of me by thugs from other neighborhoods, it was my brother that went out, found them, and kicked their ass. 

uh... the US is a young country.

and there is hatred towards the us from every country in the world.

if you wanna do a metaphore, i'd say the US is a stupid little kid wich has been given big weapons and a lot of moeny, and as he is a young and stupid emo kid,  he does stupid shit. and he wanna look good, and bleach his hair and work out and wears abercrombie (fuck im wearing a A&F shirt right now Sad ).
thats the metaphore you wanted to do Smiley

journey
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2005, 10:06:06 AM »

it's like a little brother, big brother situation. i hated my older brother when i was younger, and i felt like he hated me. he was tougher, smarter, better at everything, and could get away with whatever he wanted. but when i got the shit beat out of me by thugs from other neighborhoods, it was my brother that went out, found them, and kicked their ass.?

No offense, but I think that kind of attitude is what turns the rest of the world off about the U.S.

A lot of French people live in my city. They say it's cheaper to live in the U.S. as oppose to France. However, they still love their native country.

I've never been to Europe, and I have nothing against it. I think Europeans are smart and classy people. But I do have a problem with a country that treats its people poorly, such as China. I really don't understand how so many people could favor a country like that over the U.S.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2005, 10:30:13 AM »

it's like a little brother, big brother situation. i hated my older brother when i was younger, and i felt like he hated me. he was tougher, smarter, better at everything, and could get away with whatever he wanted. but when i got the shit beat out of me by thugs from other neighborhoods, it was my brother that went out, found them, and kicked their ass.?

No offense, but I think that kind of attitude is what turns the rest of the world off about the U.S.

A lot of French people live in my city. They say it's cheaper to live in the U.S. as oppose to France. However, they still love their native country.

I've never been to Europe, and I have nothing against it. I think Europeans are smart and classy people. But I do have a problem with a country that treats its people poorly, such as China. I really don't understand how so many people could favor a country like that over the U.S.

i hear ya.....my jealous comment was half sarcastic.

i don't think all europeans are jealous of the US.  but maybe a better way of saying it is that many are annoyed at the fact that most of the world recognizes the U.S. as the greatest nation on earth.

when you're on top, people are gonna have negative feelings towards you.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2005, 12:24:28 PM »

there. That is the main reason that i prefer china over america.

I'll take my free health service, better and free to all education system, more tolerant society and (most importantly) better bands over the us anyday.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2005, 12:31:55 PM »

i hear ya.....my jealous comment was half sarcastic.

i don't think all europeans are jealous of the US. but maybe a better way of saying it is that many are annoyed at the fact that most of the world recognizes the U.S. as the greatest nation on earth.

when you're on top, people are gonna have negative feelings towards you.

most of the world recognizes the U.S. as "the greatest nation on Earth?" ?we're all jealous?

Add this to the list of reasons people dislike America: ?Cocky arrogant citizens ?(Not all of you, just the large number of 'sandman's in your midst).

Seriously, you couldn't pay me to live in the U.S.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2005, 01:12:17 PM »

ahhh.........

The "J" word........

Wondering how long it would take before I saw that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: