Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Europeans prefer China to the US?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Europeans prefer China to the US?  (Read 28744 times)
GnRNightrain
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2005, 06:31:12 PM »

this poll should have asked the question this way...

"if you had to choose to live in either america or china, which would it be?"

i think we all know the results would have been greatly different. hihi

yes, but that would make the poll completely pointless.

why, because the results would not be negtive towards the U.S.?

i think the whole world already knows that europeans do not have a favorable view of america right now. so what did this poll actually tell us??? nothing.

Certainly they many dont have a favorable view, but putting us below China was something that came as a shock to me.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2005, 07:15:16 PM »

no because if you changed the question, you changed the answer, then you just happened to get the result you want...typical of american and more recently british politics

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2005, 09:21:09 AM »

no because if you changed the question, you changed the answer, then you just happened to get the result you want...typical of american and more recently british politics

my point is that i don't believe the people participating in this poll were being honest. proven by the fact that if anyone in europe was forced to choose to live in either china or the U.S., i think we all know where they would choose.

i think you could put the U.S. up against any nation in the world and europeans would choose the other nation. so again, what's this poll really telling us? nothing.

how about this....IMO, a more interesting question would be:

"on a scale from 1-10, what's your favorability of the U.S.?"

what would be the average score of that question? 2? 0? 5? i believe there's some doubt as to what the answer would be. therefore, that's a little more interesting.

trust me, cuz, i don't care an ounce about polls in europe coming out favorable to the U.S.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2005, 09:58:05 AM »

my point is that i don't believe the people participating in this poll were being honest. proven by the fact that if anyone in europe was forced to choose to live in either china or the U.S., i think we all know where they would choose.

im not sure thats true...are you making up these facts?...where are your sources?

i think you could put the U.S. up against any nation in the world and europeans would choose the other nation. so again, what's this poll really telling us? nothing.

i dont think thats true, it depends on the question

what would be the average score of that question? 2? 0? 5? i believe there's some doubt as to what the answer would be. therefore, that's a little more interesting.

trust me, cuz, i don't care an ounce about polls in europe coming out favorable to the U.S.

so do you know what questions were asked in this poll? i get the impression you do

for someone that doesnt care much about this thread, you sure have posted a lot here

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2005, 10:06:16 AM »

im not sure thats true...are you making up these facts?...where are your sources?

i dont think thats true, it depends on the question

so do you know what questions were asked in this poll? i get the impression you do

for someone that doesnt care much about this thread, you sure have posted a lot here

if europeans chose CHINA over the U.S., i think it's a far assumption that they would have chose ANY nation over the U.S.  You must not know much about china.

and i never said i don't care about this thread or the poll. you should read my posts a little more carefully if you're gonna take the time to respond to them.  Roll Eyes

you accused me of wanting the poll to come out favorable to the U.S., which simply is of no concern to me at all.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2005, 10:23:57 AM »

if europeans chose CHINA over the U.S., i think it's a far assumption that they would have chose ANY nation over the U.S.  You must not know much about china.

and i never said i don't care about this thread or the poll. you should read my posts a little more carefully if you're gonna take the time to respond to them.  Roll Eyes

you accused me of wanting the poll to come out favorable to the U.S., which simply is of no concern to me at all.

im not sure what youre on about

i never accused you of anything...i only asked for sources...

i know enough about China not to like them over the US

(Winston Churchill)"
Dust N Rose
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2005, 12:30:55 PM »

I don't believe that americans and US goverments are one and the same. So you can't blame the american people for their goverments' actions. There are two parties always and americans vote the dumb or the dumbest each time. I respect that the americans still have ideals and I like the fact they believe that the succes comes from the effort (e.g. unlike Germans who think that there's mother wit). I don't dare to think what's going to happen if China will be expanded in every section of life. I don't know a lot about China but as a European, America seems more close to me (not in the military aims though).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: