Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:07:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Rights, religion clash in cartoon uproar
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rights, religion clash in cartoon uproar  (Read 26620 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 12:23:52 PM »

We dont kill other people over religius cartoons even if they are a bit blasphamous.

The whole middle east needs a crash course in anger management.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 12:25:28 PM by GnRFL » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 12:47:06 PM »

WHAt them fuckers did was cross the line of freedom of speech. Every1 abuses freedom of speech. there's something called respect. unfortunately, those danish editors crossed the line. Being a muslim myself, i fucking h8 the idea and i want to kill the bastard who thought of blaspheming the Prophet Muhammad in such an offensive manner. HOW DARE THEY!

With a post like that u reveal urself to be a truly pathetic human being, you want to kill somone over a cartoon written in a country u can't even point to on a map?

God forbid you should think for yourself rather than jump on some bandwagon

On the news there were extremists carry banners with similiar 'slogans'.

U could walk into the Vatican with a daft message about Jesus and you'd be an embarrasment, yet u write a cartoon about Muhammad and thats the end of the world? What does that say about Islam - are the people that condemn the religion totally without point?

I really do fear for the world, why are so many Muslims so pro-violence? What is turning educated muslims around the world into an anti-social gang?

Its a cartoon, it seems certain people are just waiting for opportunities to cause trouble, no one really cares about a cartoon regardless of what it says - so what is the ulterior motive here?

Its 2006, why can't we all just be friends?

firstly, i know exactly where Denmark is; north east of europe, near scandinavian region. 2ndly, its not some cartoon, its blasphemy, and whether the christian refuse to defend blasphemy or not, its up 2 themselves. however, muslims cant handle it. also, i dont agree with destroying the embassy, i agree with destroying the guy who designed it!

Dude its just a cartoon! Its meant to be a light hearted joke, why are you getting so upset over it? You don't see christians going insane like you are when there is cartoons about jesus or god. Come on man you really want to kill a guy because of a cartoon? thats just laughable.  Roll Eyes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 01:06:43 PM »

i agree with destroying the guy who designed it!

You define the cartoon as an abuse of freedom of speech.

How do you define your statement to kill somebody who has created the cartoon?

Is that not the same thing (abuse of freedom of speech) by your own standards?

To state that you agree with the killing of a human being because they "said" (in this case a cartoon) something you feel is blasphemy.

Isn't that just a tad nucking futs?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 01:11:03 PM »

Did you burn a couple flags yet, Sakib?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 02:03:53 PM »

no, like a said i blame the people who designed it and agreed to let it be put in papers NOT the government. i said i dont agree with the bashing of the embassies. ANY depiction of the Prophet Muhammad whether humurous or not is banned in islam. END OF STORY

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

no, like a said i blame the people who designed it and agreed to let it be put in papers NOT the government. i said i dont agree with the bashing of the embassies. ANY depiction of the Prophet Muhammad whether humurous or not is banned in islam. END OF STORY
Fine. Now ask yourself a question: do the Arabic countries respect the other religions?
Once again I'm against those Muhammad uproars, but you have to understand the world is SICK of your bullshits. Burning flags and screaming "kill them all!" like a bunch of animals is not a very "civilized" way to behave in the 21st century...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 02:33:03 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 02:35:02 PM »

And you do realize that not everyone in the word is islamic right?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2006, 03:02:51 PM »

well, that may be the case in your country but most of us live in countries where we are allowed free speech, if you dont like it well thats pretty much tough on you, or if you really believe in free speech then you should just ignore any negative comments directed towards your religion, like we do...in a free country that would be your prerogative...we dont go about burning your flags just because those countries have no respect for equal rights...if you dont like this country and what it stands for then go back to a country where people respect muhammud and stop telling us how to live our lives...burning those embassies after a cartoon depiction is an act of philistines

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 04:26:15 PM »

Muhammad created Islam for political purposes: to destroy the native culture and religions of the Middle East so he could marry a 6 year old (consummated at age 9). Face it, that is disgusting. Look at what the Muslims did to the great Buddha statue. Look at the remains of many once beautiful Greek statues from Asia Minor, with the faces destroyed. They don't respect the art and ideals of others; fundamentalist Muslims only want to destroy.

Isn't it enough that Islam has 2 main holy cities: Mecca and Medina? They claim a THIRD city, Jerusalem, and want to take it from the Jews. Why can't they be happy with 2 holy cities and let the Jews have just 1? Why do they want to drive Israel into the sea if they have the whole damn Middle East, with all its oil?

I support Israel's stance. They're one of the few countries that recognize the fundamentalist Islam threat, and are fighting to preserve their culture. They also make the best tanks and have the best trained military in the world; they value quality over quantity in their army, and I like that. We could learn a lot from them; they kick our ass every time we have a war game.

I have Muslim friends who follow the basic tenets of Islam, but they reject the obvious garbage. Look at Surah 9:5. It commands Muslims to kill "idolaters" wherever they find them. Let's compare it with Christianity. Matthew 10:23 says Christians should leave where they are persecuted and go elsewhere. They should find people who will listen and leave the unbelievers alone. Judaism is sort of a combination. They fought for Canaan, but they stopped killing when they had a small bit of land for themselves.

The parts of the Koran that tells Muslims to impose their beliefs on outsiders is wrong. Moderate Muslims are good and ignore these bad parts from the 8th century, where they belong. Fundamentalists take it literally and have caused much suffering in the world.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2006, 06:35:49 AM »

Muhammad created Islam for political purposes: to destroy the native culture and religions of the Middle East so he could marry a 6 year old (consummated at age 9). Face it, that is disgusting. Look at what the Muslims did to the great Buddha statue. Look at the remains of many once beautiful Greek statues from Asia Minor, with the faces destroyed. They don't respect the art and ideals of others; fundamentalist Muslims only want to destroy.

Isn't it enough that Islam has 2 main holy cities: Mecca and Medina? They claim a THIRD city, Jerusalem, and want to take it from the Jews. Why can't they be happy with 2 holy cities and let the Jews have just 1? Why do they want to drive Israel into the sea if they have the whole damn Middle East, with all its oil?

I support Israel's stance. They're one of the few countries that recognize the fundamentalist Islam threat, and are fighting to preserve their culture. They also make the best tanks and have the best trained military in the world; they value quality over quantity in their army, and I like that. We could learn a lot from them; they kick our ass every time we have a war game.

I have Muslim friends who follow the basic tenets of Islam, but they reject the obvious garbage. Look at Surah 9:5. It commands Muslims to kill "idolaters" wherever they find them. Let's compare it with Christianity. Matthew 10:23 says Christians should leave where they are persecuted and go elsewhere. They should find people who will listen and leave the unbelievers alone. Judaism is sort of a combination. They fought for Canaan, but they stopped killing when they had a small bit of land for themselves.

The parts of the Koran that tells Muslims to impose their beliefs on outsiders is wrong. Moderate Muslims are good and ignore these bad parts from the 8th century, where they belong. Fundamentalists take it literally and have caused much suffering in the world.

Part of Islam is to spread the religion worldwide. Muhammad was not a paedophile, that girl had no family. and he didnt have any sexual relationship with her till she was 25. until that age, he treated her like a daughter. Also, major islamic events happened in Jerusalem which is why we claim it a holy city.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2006, 06:37:21 AM »

well, that may be the case in your country but most of us live in countries where we are allowed free speech, if you dont like it well thats pretty much tough on you, or if you really believe in free speech then you should just ignore any negative comments directed towards your religion, like we do...in a free country that would be your prerogative...we dont go about burning your flags just because those countries have no respect for equal rights...if you dont like this country and what it stands for then go back to a country where people respect muhammud and stop telling us how to live our lives...burning those embassies after a cartoon depiction is an act of philistines

there's something called free speech and there's respect. that crossed the line. i mean, look at the ideas that will go into childrens heads about muslims that look at that cartoon?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2006, 08:30:34 AM »

Some people need realize we have a freedom of speech in this part of the world. The goverment don't run the media.

But I also think that with that freedom comes a responsibility.

Maybe the line was crossed with those cartoon, I don't know.

The same freedom was used by some other people. The ones in London who were protesting the cartoons and making references to July 7th and September 11th. What kind of ideas does those guys send to people, not just kids?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2006, 08:32:54 AM »

Very true Jarmo. I think it went to far and it hurt the muslims.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2006, 08:42:34 AM »

I think they're hurting themselves by burning down embassies and threatening with more terror bombings.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2006, 09:05:55 AM »

Sure. But this is not surprising for me. Don't forget "the mass" are fanatized in those countries. It's not a dicovery for me.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2006, 09:11:55 AM »

i hate the words extremists. Extremists can either be extremely good or extremely bad. terrorist is the better words

Graciela
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 09:14:09 AM »

What's puzzling me is, why now? These cartoons were first published in September 05, who is stirring things up now?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 09:31:55 AM »

What's puzzling me is, why now? These cartoons were first published in September 05, who is stirring things up now?
Well the islamists manipulate the mass by incitating them to violence in each Arabic countries. It's the same everyday in Gaza since A WHILE.
I heard in Lebanon, the Christian goods start to be destroyed and burnt by the fanatic "mass". They burn everything "Christian". Welcome to the barbarians.?Surprising huh?...hmm well...not really.

Graciela
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2006, 09:41:30 AM »

Yeah, I guess they feel stronger now, after Hamas won the elections
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2006, 11:34:41 AM »

Let me straighten a few things out;

-in islam, to depict any of the muslim prophets is blasphemy, even for humour purposes
-secondly, it's like in X-Men; mutants being feel discriminated so you get the terrorist type radicals aka Magneto and co. and you get the peaceful protesters like Charles Xavier and co. the people mutilating embassies are Magneto and co.
-Because the person who designed this cartoon obviously was no muslim, we should explain the rules to him. only then take action
-there's no such thing as islamic terrorism, there's only terrorism and only islam.
-Prophet Muhammad treated the 8 YEAR OLD GIRL AS A DAUGHTER UNTIL SEXUALLY MATURE  which as sick as it sounds, isnt. if he was being sexual in any way, thats worrying
-9/11 and 7 June weren't islamic acts. they were terrorist acts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: