Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Damn illegals........
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Damn illegals........  (Read 21120 times)
SLCPUNK
« on: April 30, 2006, 06:20:13 PM »

Those pesky Mexicans are ruining Amerika.....

How can 'Merikan children fulfill their dreams of becoming landscapers, dishwashers, and fruit pickers now?

What's next? Singing the national anthem in Spanish?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 06:21:45 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 07:54:55 PM »

I think there is alot more to it than that.

Think of all the tax dollars, think of how many are jailed. think of all the gang bangers and drugs that come across the border.

Sure there are some great illegals who just want to make some money and provide a better life but there are a whole lot of bad ones as well and u cant have an open border.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 08:19:29 PM »

its just as much our falt as it is theirs

we are the ones who pay them under the table.

end of discussion.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 08:23:22 PM by frozen Inferno » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 08:25:29 PM »

Think of all the tax dollars, think of how many are jailed. think of all the gang bangers and drugs that come across the border.

Sure there are some great illegals who just want to make some money and provide a better life but there are a whole lot of bad ones as well and u cant have an open border.

Somebody missed the sarcasm curve ball........

The system is already failed, and it is too late.

All you see now is political posturing. If they really wanted to "solve the problem" they would have done it already. Fact is that these illegals are a new slave class that create great wealth for the businesses that hire them. Also putting an unfair pressure against the honest businesses that do not sell out this country to make a buck.

After all the prejudice is peeled away the facts remain that "Illegals" pay plenty of taxes, including federal.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 08:47:52 PM »

I missed the sarcasm but now I read it, I shouldnt have cause it remindsme of your Doppleganger alter ego u had a while back......... AMERIKAAAAAAAA! hihi hihi

u are right though.

I absolutely get what u are saying and agree.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 08:49:41 PM »

but seriosuly, . . . .

Dey tuk our joabs!!! rant
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 08:58:54 PM »

Salga a los mexicanos pobres s?lo

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 10:25:52 PM »

you guys think that way because you have never starved, if you had, you would understand  Undecided

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 10:42:02 PM »

you guys think that way because you have never starved, if you had, you would understand  Undecided

I don't blame them at all, are you kidding me?

Are you upset that your government lets them stay?

Of course I am not upset because it's all a farce anyway. Nobody wants them to really "leave", because they have become too important to big (and small) business.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 10:44:51 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 10:45:26 PM »

still i agree, many of them give latin people real bad reputations, that?s something that can?t be denied

You can run like a river

SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 10:50:57 PM »

still i agree, many of them give latin people real bad reputations, that?s something that can?t be denied

To me they do not. Because every Mexican ( I don't go around asking for green cards, so I don't know their status) I have known has worked their fingers to the bone. Easily working two jobs 7 days a week. Sending money home to their families in Mexico to build a home, take care of their parents, raise a family, or send their kids to college.

MarioGunner
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 10:56:57 PM »

most of us (latin people, not only mexican) are like that, it?s so sad our governments are so corrupted and we don?t get in our own ground the opportunities and blessings that we get in the US.

Forgive us, for trying to move on with our lives and progress, and live with dignity, i apologize for those who make the some places in the States such dangerous places, we take no pride in that, believe me.

You can run like a river

Surfrider
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 11:16:27 PM »

Somebody missed the sarcasm curve ball........

The system is already failed, and it is too late.

All you see now is political posturing. If they really wanted to "solve the problem" they would have done it already. Fact is that these illegals are a new slave class that create great wealth for the businesses that hire them. Also putting an unfair pressure against the honest businesses that do not sell out this country to make a buck.

After all the prejudice is peeled away the facts remain that "Illegals" pay plenty of taxes, including federal.
Actually that is not true.  They don't pay anywhere near what they receive.
Surfrider
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 11:18:31 PM »

To me they do not. Because every Mexican ( I don't go around asking for green cards, so I don't know their status) I have known has worked their fingers to the bone. Easily working two jobs 7 days a week. Sending money home to their families in Mexico to build a home, take care of their parents, raise a family, or send their kids to college.

I agree with this 100%.  I also agree with your comments about no one wanting to really solve the problems.  We have the left and the right pandering for the votes.  We have big business wanting the labor.  We have labor unions wanting more people to unionize, and we have the Catholic church wanting to fill the churches.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 12:40:20 AM »

Actually that is not true.  They don't pay anywhere near what they receive.

LEGISLATURE 2006: Illegals contribute, study says
Policy group puts taxes paid at $252 million
Carlos Campos - Staff
Friday, January 20, 2006

A study released Thursday by an Atlanta policy group estimates that Georgia's illegal immigrants pay up to $252 million a year in taxes, disputing the notion that they are only a drain on taxpayers.

The report was issued by the Georgia Budget and Policy Institute as the Legislature prepares to consider legislation to deny state-funded services to illegal immigrants.

Opponents characterized the study as an attempt to legitimize illegal immigration that does not assess the costs.

Alan Essig, executive director of GBPI, said the group had no agenda."We're having a policy debate, and we're trying to throw something out there that's credible," Essig said.

Essig said the study concluded that "this population is paying taxes. If you hear the political rhetoric, you get the impression they're taking all this money and contributing nothing."

Essig said the study was not financed by any particular group or individual.

GBPI says it is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, though it is supported by and has received funding from groups advocating "progressive" social change and activism.

Sen. Chip Rogers (R-Woodstock), sponsor of Senate Bill 170, which would require state agencies to determine the legal status of Georgia residents receiving public benefits, criticized the study.

"I am aware of no other illegal activity that we will readily excuse because of suspect hypothetical profits for the government," Rogers said.

GBPI found that the average illegal immigrant family in Georgia pays $2,340 to $2,470 in state and local sales, income and property taxes combined. For those who did not file a federal income tax return, the contribution drops to about $1,800 a year.

The policy group used population figures from a Pew Hispanic Center study that estimated there are as many as 250,000 illegal immigrants living in Georgia, estimates from the same source that the average income for illegal immigrant families is $27,400 per year, and tax information from the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy.

The study takes into account that as little as 50 percent of illegal immigrants file federal income tax returns. It also notes that the majority of illegal immigrants are renters, but assumes that landlords pass on a percentage of their property tax costs through monthly rents.

The study does not attempt to examine the costs of illegal immigration, including K-12 public education and emergency medical care, which states are federally mandated to provide. The study does note, however, that Medicaid spending on Georgia illegal immigrants, shared with the federal government, totaled $111 million in fiscal 2005.

Phil Kent, spokesman for Americans for Immigration Control, said those costs cannot be ignored.

Kent said the GBPI study is "wildly at odds with other studies and figures showing the increasingly high cost of so-called cheap labor."

He pointed to a FAIR study that he said found Georgia spends $231 million a year educating illegal immigrants.

Advocates for illegal immigrants hailed the GBPI study.

"This study reiterates what we already know --- that undocumented immigrants are contributing substantially to the Georgia economy," said Tisha Tallman of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 04:03:20 AM »

Those pesky Mexicans are ruining Amerika.....

How can 'Merikan children fulfill their dreams of becoming landscapers, dishwashers, and fruit pickers now?

What's next? Singing the national anthem in Spanish?

U think u got it bad? I was the only white person in my school English group! hihi

Over here in the good ol' Uk - we used to have a probloem with illegal immigrants - then we found a way around it

.....we included all the countries that immigrants came from into the EU - now they are legal immigrants

Horrah what a solution! Now these people have a HUMAN RIGHT to come here!

Now i aint against these chaps on some racial ground - but when half the people I run into dont speak a word of English, when houses prices are so high i'll probably only have enough money for one after I die, and when the roads are packed I have to ask the population be controlled

Ud think that was basic common sense...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 05:11:54 AM »

when i left school i went to work in some hotels and shit to pay for my year out before uni. met loads of immigrants, legal or otherwise. almost all of them where far harder working than i was or probably will ever be. a 70 hour week was basic for most of them. never mind the fact that many had achieved a high level of education in their own coutry before coming over here to be told it doesnt count.

can't speak for america, but untill britain sorts out its own wasters then we've no right to turn down these people. british people don't want minimum wage to clean toilets.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 12:43:18 PM »

Sure they do some jobs most of us dont want but at the same time if you came here illegally and they are going to try to find you dont boycott or whatever and ask us to change the rules and laws that were in place before they came here.... like it or leave it.. if your not a citizen or legal here you have no right to try to change the laws or rules..
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 01:14:44 PM »

when i left school i went to work in some hotels and shit to pay for my year out before uni. met loads of immigrants, legal or otherwise. almost all of them where far harder working than i was or probably will ever be. a 70 hour week was basic for most of them.

Way more then I could ever work, that is for sure.

you dont boycott or whatever and ask us to change the rules and laws that were in place before they came here.... like it or leave it.. if your not a citizen or legal here you have no right to try to change the laws or rules..

I agree with the rules, but there is a double standard in place now. I always thought that if every Mexican chose not to work one day Park City would SHUT DOWN. All joking aside, it would too.

Now i aint against these chaps on some racial ground - but when half the people I run into dont speak a word of English, when houses prices are so high i'll probably only have enough money for one after I die, and when the roads are packed I have to ask the population be controlled

Sounds like here.........
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 01:22:33 PM »

When did the ban on political threads get lifted?

Between this one and the Bushisms thread....I musta missed something?

Is it really OK to go back in the pool?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: