Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:58:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Borat Movie!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Borat Movie!  (Read 21667 times)
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« on: June 09, 2006, 02:44:31 AM »

Haha, I just heard about this on the MTV Movie Awards, which sucked by the way hihi

Anyway, I saw and read some shit about it.. FUCKIN' FUNNY! Don't know if anyone knows who Borat is... he's a character on "Da Ali G Show" which aired on HBO for like 3 or 4 seasons but has ended, anyway now Sacha Baron Cohen is making a movie using the Borat character. For those who don't know what i'm talking about visit the following link

www.hbo.com/alig/? Da Ali G Show

For news on the movie, which is schedualed to hit theatres on November 3rd, go here..

http://www.webgeordie.co.uk/borat/? The Borat Movie

Also if anyone has any video from "Da Ali G Show" and is willing to share that would be great, I have a few videos but would like some more ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 04:59:53 AM »

oh man BORAT kills me !!!  rofl rofl rofl

a movie that WOULD KICK ASS !

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 02:30:53 PM »

I like you, do you like me?

In my country, our hobbies include: rape, shoot dog and ping-pong

rofl rofl rofl

So funny.
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 02:42:30 PM »

hah dude i saw him on mtv yestrday too! it was funny shit!!

"we have politics for the ad--ults  and jew jokes foor dee childreeen."

LOL..a movie is gonna rock!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 03:33:37 PM »

"Me and my sister make a joke!  We pretend to be husband and wife!"

Borat is funny, but I don't think the character can carry a whole movie... The thing that works so well about Da Ali G Show is the contrast between Borat, Ali G & Bruno.  You get a small dose of each before the humour wears off.
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 04:34:10 PM »

"Me and my sister make a joke! We pretend to be husband and wife!"

Borat is funny, but I don't think the character can carry a whole movie... The thing that works so well about Da Ali G Show is the contrast between Borat, Ali G & Bruno. You get a small dose of each before the humour wears off.

They have had some reviews from the screening of the movie and most people said they came into it with that same thought but after seeing it were surprised and pleased because he pulls it off. The basic premise of the movie is that Borat is leaving his country of Kazikstan(sp?) to venture to America and find out our customs, while he is here he see's "Baywatch" and becomes obsessed with Pamela Anderson hihi The movie follows him as he searches for her, and surprisingly she is included in the movie as he finally finds her, heres some of what was said on FOX about this movie...

Anderson, by the way, becomes the Holy Grail of ?Borat,? and it?s hard to say whether she is in on the joke or not. I suspect she is not, as Borat?s journey across America to meet her is a sly and disturbing take on celebrity stalking that should only make personal bodyguards become more popular.

Armed with a picture book about "Baywatch," Borat is determined to meet the object of his fantasies.

When he does, all hell breaks loose as he literally throws a burlap sack over Anderson?s head and carries her away from a book signing.

Who knows what she thought was going on? You hope she was clued in, but it?s more than likely she wasn?t.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196737,00.html

Sounds like one hell of a funny movie hihi rofl

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 06:44:37 PM »

You know, if they ever make a movie about Freddie Mercury, Sacha should play him. I mean, his Borat character looks like a less refined version of Freddie. Just style his hair and moustache and voila, you have Freddie!? hihi

Who's who?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 06:53:14 PM by Guns N' Neuroses » Logged
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 12:11:12 PM »

oh man BORAT kills me !!!? rofl rofl rofl

a movie that WOULD KICK ASS !

Borat rock. He is the KLASSIC KAZAKHASTANI

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Eric
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 12:43:53 PM »

Easily funniest show on TV-classic episode when a very gay Bruno asks a fire and brimstone religious man who run a "convert" center, or something like that, to help gay people turn straight-"How long have you been straight for?" answers " all my life", to which a stunned Bruno answers "what??" You have to see it to appreciate it
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9d-qsnMPC0g&search=borat

best ever Smiley

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »

shooting people

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zIhRH1lk4yk&search=borat

wawaweewa !! HIGH FIVE !!

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 07:14:30 PM »

Easily funniest show on TV-classic episode when a very gay Bruno asks a fire and brimstone religious man who run a "convert" center, or something like that, to help gay people turn straight-"How long have you been straight for?" answers " all my life", to which a stunned Bruno answers "what??" You have to see it to appreciate it

That whole interview is hilarious... it's easily the best of the Bruno character. "So what you are saying is that it is ok for me to admire a man in the shower, but once I put his penis in my mouth, some sort of line is being crossed?"
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 07:10:40 PM »

Thought i'd wake this thread up as we approach the hugely anticipated release of what may well be the most shocking, crude, controversial yet gut wrenchingly hilarious film of all time. The film is out on November 3rd UK (and US i think). I have been watching borat for years on the ali g show in the uk and then on dvds form the us show. He is easily the funniest of sacha baron cohen's 3 genius characters and this movie will be amazing. I have yet to read a bad review since it first aired at Cannes and then the Toronto film festival earlier this year. Empire magazine has given it 5 out of 5 stars (in comparison it gave something about mary and american pie 4 stars). FYI there are now 4 deleted scenes (non spoiler) from the film circling the internet, the funniest of which is one where he goes to the doctor to discuss his STI's!, including herpes he got from his sister! They apparently shot upwards of 600 hours of footage for the film and the first cut of the movie was 6 hours, they have got it down to 82 minutes so the DVD could see the most extra footage in history. Anyway if you have a sense of humour and can take a bit of controversy I cannot stress enough how much you should go and see this film.

Oh, if you are a woman, a gypsie, a homosexual or especially a jew you should take extra cover!!!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
AtariLegend
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 07:12:51 PM »

Thought i'd wake this thread up as we approach the hugely anticipated release of what may well be the most shocking, crude, controversial yet gut wrenchingly hilarious film of all time. The film is out on November 3rd UK (and US i think). I have been watching borat for years on the ali g show in the uk and then on dvds form the us show. He is easily the funniest of sacha baron cohen's 3 genius characters and this movie will be amazing. I have yet to read a bad review since it first aired at Cannes and then the Toronto film festival earlier this year. Empire magazine has given it 5 out of 5 stars (in comparison it gave something about mary and american pie 4 stars). FYI there are now 4 deleted scenes (non spoiler) from the film circling the internet, the funniest of which is one where he goes to the doctor to discuss his STI's!, including herpes he got from his sister! They apparently shot upwards of 600 hours of footage for the film and the first cut of the movie was 6 hours, they have got it down to 82 minutes so the DVD could see the most extra footage in history. Anyway if you have a sense of humour and can take a bit of controversy I cannot stress enough how much you should go and see this film.

Oh, if you are a woman, a gypsie, a homosexual or especially a jew you should take extra cover!!!

Don't forget Christians, and Americans
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 07:13:59 PM »

Don't forget Christians, and Americans

Well really, we should say all people just to cover our backs!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 07:15:57 PM »

Where can i find said deleted scenes?

AtariLegend
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 07:19:36 PM »

They should show that clip were he got a bunch of Texans to sing throw the Jews down the well, more often to set an example.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 07:20:55 PM »

HOLY CRAP! i've been getting into this lately and ali g is freakin hilarious. i cant wait for this. borat rules!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 07:26:51 PM »

They should show that clip were he got a bunch of Texans to sing throw the Jews down the well, more often to set an example.
The 'throw the jew down the well' clip should be seen by all living people as law, those that don't laugh should be removed from society.

http://www.boratonline.co.uk/? ?

click on 'watch borat'

first clip - throw the jew down the well (remember these are real people who think borat is a genuine kazakstani reporter), second clip - trailer for film

click on news, then 'what is this one? cheese! for first 2 deleted scenes
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 07:37:11 PM by Borat » Logged

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 07:41:21 PM »

And the deleted scenes from the film?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: