Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:59:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Borat Movie!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Borat Movie!  (Read 21655 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2006, 11:58:48 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/11/14/day-two-borats-most-hilarious-visits-to-talk-shows/

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2006, 10:18:24 AM »

Have also seen it a second time now.

There is talk that Sacha is in talks with american TV about turning the hours of unused footage into a companion tv series, i hopa that a) we get it in the uk and b) it doesnt effect the amount of extras on the dvd

Apparently Baron Cohen finally got his comeuppance the other day in new york when a man punched him when he tried to kiss him!

Two of the three 'frat guys' in the trailer truck are sueing SBC/FOX due to the embarrasment they have suffered thanks to the movies us release.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2006, 11:00:08 AM »

I can understand people suing Sacha.

I mean if I signed a waiver and appeared in a movie thats gonna gross over 200 million and I only got paid 200 bucks, I think id want a bigger piece of the pie as well.

I personally dont see where they have a case. they agreed to the fee, they signed the waiver........... so i think they will lose in court.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2006, 12:37:01 PM »

I mean if I signed a waiver and appeared in a movie thats gonna gross over 200 million and I only got paid 200 bucks, I think id want a bigger piece of the pie as well.

I personally dont see where they have a case. they agreed to the fee, they signed the waiver........... so i think they will lose in court.

But they reckon they signed the waiver whilst pissed.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2006, 02:22:55 PM »

So I finally went to see this movie yesterday. It did disappoint me a bit but only because I?d read so many reviews, watched so many clips and heard so much about it that I knew most of the jokes beforehand! I wish I hadn?t, but how could I, if everybody is talking about it? Nevertheless, it is very funny. I don?t get people that won?t go and watch it claiming that it?s ?racist, sexiest and blah blah blah"! It?s a parody of American society; like someone on a newspaper review said (I don?t remember who): ?It?s like Michael Moore but in comedy?.

The rodeo, when he asks for a handgun to kill Jews, the drinking session with the frat guys? hilarious! The naked fight? yeah? disturbing? confused

Now what I?m looking forward to is the dvd with the extras.

I have a question: the signing thing, was that staged? Did Pamela know what was going on? Cos she sure looked scared?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 12:27:35 PM by Graciela » Logged

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2006, 02:52:45 PM »

^ what i think is, that she knew what was gonna happen but the people around her didn't

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2006, 03:22:31 PM »

awesome movie. probably the funniest i have ever seen.

my stomach hurt i was laughing so hard. i loved when he was "having his way with himself" in front of the victoria secret store.  rofl

i think alot of it was staged, which kinda sucks. but even the Pam scene was great, which obviously was staged. the horse falling wasn't even necessary. not funny at all.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2006, 03:53:10 PM »

I think what it's going to come down to is the wording of the release.  Typically, they state that the producers, etc have the right to use the footage at their discretion, so even though these people were misled, they won't have a case because a judge would say you knew the footage could show up anywhere, and that includes an american audience. 

i don't think they're pissed about the money... i think they're pissed about how many people saw them looking stupid.  no one would really expect more money unless you have a stake in a film and are getting in on the backend of a movie deal.  it would be as if you were an extra in Mission Impossible 3 and expected a lot of money just because the movie made hundreds of millions of dollars. 
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2006, 04:23:31 PM »

Really great film, Definately one of the funniest things you'll see.

I think some had to be scripted, the Pamela Anderson bit definately imo, had that been real I think her security would have broken his legs, if it wasn't scripted she needs new security hihi They were crap, he chased her through a music store and into a car park before they caught him.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2006, 05:59:56 AM »

Well, yeah, I know that scene had to be scripted to a point, I was just wondering how much they actually told her

Now that I think of it, you are probably right: No way he could have chased her all the way to the car park before the bodyguards stopped him  hihi
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 07:30:34 AM by Graciela » Logged

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2006, 01:26:46 PM »

Borat is hilarious ok But there's tons of material that had to be cut so the dvd will be extra sweet  drool

High five rofl

This   is   Democracy!!!
Elrothiel
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2006, 02:37:13 PM »

"My wife-a dead? Haigh-faive!" rofl
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2006, 12:52:46 PM »

does anyone know when the dvd is going to come out?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2006, 12:59:41 PM »

i thought it was a "only at cinemas" movie
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2006, 01:47:29 PM »

yes...because they don't want to make millions  Roll Eyes

you really think they would give up the chance to make even more money?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2006, 04:55:20 AM »

mh....    are there even any "cinema only" movies?

my problem is, that i don`t want to watch the movie in german....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2006, 11:49:30 PM »

That means that at this time you can only see it in theaters.......................... officially smoking

It will be released on DVD, most likely after the awards season is over.  As of now, no date has been announced for the DVD. There are still 5 countries that haven't had the movie open yet according to IMDB, the last being Italy on March 2nd.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2006, 11:57:38 PM »

That means that at this time you can only see it in theaters.......................... officially smoking

It will be released on DVD, most likely after the awards season is over.  As of now, no date has been announced for the DVD. There are still 5 countries that haven't had the movie open yet according to IMDB, the last being Italy on March 2nd.

you will probable see the DVD sometime in march.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
anythinggoes
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2007, 06:06:52 PM »

ok am i the only person not liking the movie dont get me wrong there are some funny bits in it but overall it is just i dont know how to put it, the film seems forced and i cant belive soe of the people didnt know what was going on
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2007, 07:00:07 PM »

its out on DVD today  Cheesy   I got my copy  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: