Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Where are the Female R'N'F'R / GNR Fans????
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where are the Female R'N'F'R / GNR Fans????  (Read 20369 times)
godiva
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 12:32:38 PM »

Oh sorry, thought you were in the UK, that's why. May be a bit more difficult to travel to the Netherlands all the way from Australia. Lots of girls here that like rock music. Just today one of my male students decided to wear a GNR shirt for his oral exam, thought it might help him Wink I told him I would definitely give him a bonus if he can mention all 8 members, he started with Slash  Roll Eyes Now, the funny thing is, he went outside and he was talking to his girlfriend and she told him off!  Grin So, lots of kids here that like GNR, and other rock music. And yes, most of my students are 18+. No worries.

Went to some GNR shows, saw quite a lot of women who are into the band. So we do exist, and we're not all married  Wink or teenagers, or really really old, and we're not all ugly either.  ok

So, any australian women here looking for a guy? No worries, MC, we'll get you a nice girl  ok
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 12:40:48 PM »

Or we can turn this into a dating thread. Not me though, I'm very married. But Monkeychow would be like this:

Monkeychow, age, lives where, likes (well, GNR obviously), wants to meet boy / girl (so that would be girl), ages etc..... and then somebody who fits that description can send you a PM. First couple that gets married, wins. Trophee: I will come and sing at your wedding (there's a nice incentive not to get married - can't even do karaoke without the bar doing a little exodus on me  hihi)

Ok...you talked me into it (let the "how sad" flames commence)....ok so you were joking..but i'm desperate enough to try!!  beer

I mean y'all will mock me now, but when i'm married to a GNR fan, and axl plays the wedding I'll be deemed cool rofl

So here goes...

Monkeychow, 29, Melbourne Australia, likes GNR (old and new), VR, Snakepit, all the new leaks, Axl, Slash, Robin, LOL, wait - have I come up with anything non GNR yet? Ok so i like  talking, romance (except with non-gnr fans hahahahah)  philosophy, filmmaking, guitar, pop culture, sex, politics, the concept of a paradox, and cinema. See i'm like a rocker but a huge nerd if that makes sence. Way to rock and roll for the nerds, way to nerdy for the rockers! Did i mention I love guitar and attemting to form my own bands? Anyway...Wants to meet girls (women) who must be over 18+ (i'm scared of jail) and like GNR - its ok if you like other music too (i like a lot of stuff) - but has to be someone who won't tell me that Mr Brownstone is "noise", that coma is "some guy ranting and screaming" and so forth, basicly u have to understand how GNR are talented as hell, which i think most everyone of this site does in one way or another. Other than that - well it helps if we like each other right? hahah....

Bring on the single women Private Messages!  peace

(Monkeychow waits and listens to the silence LOL)
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 12:47:28 PM »

Oh sorry, thought you were in the UK, that's why. May be a bit more difficult to travel to the Netherlands all the way from Australia. Lots of girls here that like rock music. Just today one of my male students decided to wear a GNR shirt for his oral exam, thought it might help him Wink I told him I would definitely give him a bonus if he can mention all 8 members, he started with Slash  Roll Eyes Now, the funny thing is, he went outside and he was talking to his girlfriend and she told him off!  Grin

Hahahah...thats just evil!!!

So, lots of kids here that like GNR, and other rock music. And yes, most of my students are 18+. No worries.

Went to some GNR shows, saw quite a lot of women who are into the band. So we do exist, and we're not all married  Wink or teenagers, or really really old, and we're not all ugly either.  ok

Excellent!!! See i just don't see anyone like that around these parts. Its like i go to a club - Sweet Child O Mine will come on and theres a chick dancing - so like i'll talk to her and be like "awesome song" and she'd go like "yeah..if only they had a better singer" or soemthing that makes me  crying

Or its like they're 65 and look like me! (No offence to the older GNR ladies out there!)

So, any australian women here looking for a guy? No worries, MC, we'll get you a nice girl  ok

Yeah bring it on!! I know its lame...but I need some HTGTH help on this one, i'm so over trying to find a girl that understands....and i'm not even all that obsessive, although I do like every song on every album I think, but i'm sure i could be worse...
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 04:07:31 PM »

Hey there! I totally understand. In my school there are 600 people and I'm the only female GN'R fan. The only one!
From what I've seen, there are three other guys who at least like them enough to wear their Jack Daniels-shirt, so we're not that many at all...

It seems to be like everyone either like pop, r&b, hiphop or they like death metal... There is nothing in between.

Thay's why this board is great.? yes

Now Em,I'm going to qoute your post again,likes your posts hihi

It's the same here,I haven't met another GNR fan (except for my cousin) nervous
One rocker goes at my school, dresses in leatherjacket and stuff, but I have no idea if he likes GNR,think he's more into Metallica... We don't even have any Jack Daniels-shirt wearers here! nervous

My boyfriends must be rockers and love GNR yes hihi

shit happens when you party naked
Elrothiel
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 09:33:42 PM »

Oh man poor you MonkeyChow!!

I'm sorry Australia seems to have so few young ladies who love Guns N' Roses!!

Here in England there are so few non-emo rockers.... seems everyone just LOVES A7X and BFMV and Green Day. Roll Eyes

Why are so few people sleazy blues rockers!!? And why do so few guys have long flowing beautiful hair that I can bury my hands in!?

So MC... I feel your pain!!!

R.I.P. 80s Los Angeles. crying crying crying crying
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 11:42:46 PM »

Haha I live in Melbourne, and I loooooove GNR, and so do a lot of my friends. I wouldn't really call them rock-lovers, but they do like GNR.
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 01:41:30 AM »

Oh man poor you MonkeyChow!!

I'm sorry Australia seems to have so few young ladies who love Guns N' Roses!!

Here in England there are so few non-emo rockers.... seems everyone just LOVES A7X and BFMV and Green Day. Roll Eyes

Why are so few people sleazy blues rockers!!? And why do so few guys have long flowing beautiful hair that I can bury my hands in!?

So MC... I feel your pain!!!

R.I.P. 80s Los Angeles. crying crying crying crying

Hell yeah....where has the rock gone I ask? Closest thing around this hole is like Jet and at first I liked them because in days of techno its nice to see someone using a marshall amp etc...but I soon felt that they sound very generic. Its like where is the rock!!!

Can't speak for the long hair...i'm growing mine back at the moment...but there is a way to go yet Wink
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 01:42:32 AM »

Haha I live in Melbourne, and I loooooove GNR, and so do a lot of my friends. I wouldn't really call them rock-lovers, but they do like GNR.

EXCELLENT!! We have a winner...now your going to go on to say that your all married with kids right?  rofl

Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 02:02:30 AM »

EXCELLENT!! We have a winner...now your going to go on to say that your all married with kids right?? rofl

Haha oh hell no, I'm only 21! Wink

But yeah I am kinda seeing someone... he hates GNR  rant
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 02:59:27 AM »

I was in HS from 90-94 and even finding the rocker chicks was difficult,.,.. Where I live it was old school rap then the fucking gansta shit of the early 90's... There were plenty of gnr fans motley crue vh metallica fans, but once 92 came it seemed to shift to pj nirvana stp and sp...

The male to female ratio was like 10-1 in rock... I remember once friend loved man o war hihi

Coolest shit though was back then many people wore leather denim jackets, patches long hair even teh spiked bracelets.. Not much around these days... My old doc martins too hihi
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 04:57:57 AM »

EXCELLENT!! We have a winner...now your going to go on to say that your all married with kids right?  rofl

Haha oh hell no, I'm only 21! Wink

But yeah I am kinda seeing someone... he hates GNR  rant

Ick...those partners that hate GNR....gulp..the memories  rant

Well at least I know theres one rock chick out there in melb! And sounds like your friends are on the right path...women that like GNR thats what this city needs more of. Take me down...to that city. peace  hihi
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 05:01:00 AM »

I was in HS from 90-94 and even finding the rocker chicks was difficult,.,.. Where I live it was old school rap then the fucking gansta shit of the early 90's... There were plenty of gnr fans motley crue vh metallica fans, but once 92 came it seemed to shift to pj nirvana stp and sp...

The male to female ratio was like 10-1 in rock... I remember once friend loved man o war hihi

Coolest shit though was back then many people wore leather denim jackets, patches long hair even teh spiked bracelets.. Not much around these days... My old doc martins too hihi

hhahah...yeah i hear ya man....and the ratio is so bad these days...like I go see a band and its like 20 guys for every girl and she is there with her 8 foot biker dude boyfriend  peace

I like a lot of different things in music as well as GNR, but it does drive me nuts when people love PJ then bash GNR..and don't get me startred on Greenday...(sorry to all you greenday fans out there) - i like 1 or 2 of their songs...but the way people seem to think they own rock and roll when their just punk punks..(wow...that was my most  illiteratre wording ever!) rofl
anythinggoes
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 05:18:57 AM »

your looking in the wrong places thats all there are plenty of rock chicks out there i just need to find one for myself as well  Grin
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 06:19:03 AM »

your looking in the wrong places thats all there are plenty of rock chicks out there i just need to find one for myself as well  Grin

Yeah your prob right....I just don't know where the right places are. But from now on i'm screening all potential women for music taste first...i'm so over non GNR loving girls Wink
avesia
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 06:28:19 AM »

hey, guys, don't panic...we're here!  peace   Kiss

hihi
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2006, 06:37:22 AM »

hey, guys, don't panic...we're here!? peace? ?Kiss

hihi

rofl  rofl  rofl

Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2006, 06:47:04 AM »

your looking in the wrong places thats all there are plenty of rock chicks out there i just need to find one for myself as well? Grin

Yeah your prob right....I just don't know where the right places are. But from now on i'm screening all potential women for music taste first...i'm so over non GNR loving girls Wink

The particular problem in Melbourne is that everybody is obsessed with house music. I love all types of music, and I have such a broad range, but rock is kinda considered 'uncool'. It's sad Sad
anythinggoes
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2006, 06:58:21 AM »

hey, guys, don't panic...we're here!? peace? ?Kiss

hihi

yah

doing the happy dance

doing the happy dance

Grin
godiva
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2006, 07:38:18 AM »

Hey kaybee, don't you have a nice single friend who likes rock and is 18 +?

so, anythinggoes, where is your contact add?
Elrothiel
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2006, 08:21:10 AM »

...like I go see a band and its like 20 guys for every girl and she is there with her 8 foot biker dude boyfriend peace

AnythingGoes would know about that.... he didn't come say hi to me at the Hammersmith gig last week because he thought my BF looked too "big and nasty"... rofl
Shame on you AGoes!! hihi

But ya...

WHERE HAS ALL THE ROCK N' ROLL GONE? Why is everyone a fucking emo fagass!?

DEATH TO EMO!!! LONG LIVE ROCK N' ROLL!!! beer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: