Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:54:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  For those of you who are religious
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: For those of you who are religious  (Read 20710 times)
Brody
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2006, 11:32:52 AM »

woo sakib getting angry...

No I think your the unintelligent one.. your the one who is not open minded.. and dont try to change what you said.. it was very sexist and elitist.. so go live your life.. hell your only 15! your not a prophet.. I think you have to kill a few jews first... or at least direct a few to do so..
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2006, 12:02:21 PM »

^ I'm going to go out on a limb here and estimate that the bounty on Brody's head is in the 6 figure and/or 50 virgin range.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2006, 12:11:26 PM »

Those cartoons were totally uncalled for. Why can't u just stick to the discussion?  Angry

Fuck 'Em All.
Brody
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2006, 12:32:29 PM »

Those cartoons were totally uncalled for. Why can't u just stick to the discussion?  Angry

Take them lightly Smiley See we live in free societys where things like this can be shared and printed... whether Allah or Muhamed likes it or not! My point that he keeps denying is that hes a sexist elitist.. and so is Islam.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2006, 12:35:12 PM »

Take them lightly Smiley See we live in free societys where things like this can be shared and printed... whether Allah or Muhamed likes it or not! My point that he keeps denying is that hes a sexist elitist.. and so is Islam.

I can assure u that a certain member of this board will not take it lightly.

Fuck 'Em All.
Brody
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2006, 12:45:34 PM »

Well If it upsets him that much I guess he can call a jihad on me! My point is he talks about how Allah chose men only for prophethood because women have Issues! But then take a look at what the Prophets and Prophethood did in response to these cartoons! They freaked! If Allah knows best why does he make evil people prophets?
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2006, 01:02:50 PM »

Since Allah knows best!!! Lets look at the 16 year Atefeh Rajabi?s that was sentenced to DEATH by the Prophet!! Ayatollah!! a member of the prophet hood!! anyways she was put to death by stoning because she was raped by her brother.. hmm.. Corrupt? what about the brother.. oh thats right nothing happend to him.. I guess she wasnt looked after properly!! sick fucks..

What are you talking about? Again fool you look at what people are doing and not what the scripture and what our actual religion says. Unintelligent.

Christianity is the same way.  Catholicism, for about 1500 years was strictly about interpretation from clergy, not necessarily the message of the book.  So how are people to know that what the clergy said is what the bible says?  How are people to know that what the clergy say is NOT what the Bible says?  It works the same way with Muslim clerics today.  How is one to know what the real message is?  Likewise, isn't it against the laws of Islam to translate the Qur'an?  It was the same way with the Bible for a long time-- it just was not translated from Latin until Luther's 95 Theses.  Additionally, nothing in the bible speaks of the 7 sacraments of Catholicism, yet they are considered to be mandatory to get into heaven by Catholics.

A religion will always be judged by its leaders' actions, not by the message of the book.  And rightly so.  Why does the message of the book matter if the leaders are so willing to violate all of its precepts?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2006, 01:43:43 PM »

man this thread is turning nasty.... nervous whats worse....religious talk or political talk? well both discussions are bound to cause greif.

I don't think any one persons beliefs are anymore right than another's. A north american's way of living is so different, you could argue who right or wrong forever....middle eastern people take religion very seriously....it's something that western societies can't understand

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2006, 02:06:28 PM »

Genesis, it's not the same in all muslim countries as one and having laws doesn't mean you apply them.

You are generalising too much.

Nothing to say
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2006, 02:11:10 PM »

Genesis, it's not the same in all muslim countries as one and having laws doesn't mean you apply them.

True. I wasn't talking abt ALL Muslims, that's understood. I was in the Gulf (read Qatar, U.A.E and the like) for 11 years and none of the problems I mentioned seem to occur there. The places I'm talking abt are Pakistan, Afganistan and India.

Fuck 'Em All.
Brody
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2006, 02:19:29 PM »

True. I wasn't talking abt ALL Muslims, that's understood. I was in the Gulf (read Qatar, U.A.E and the like) for 11 years and none of the problems I mentioned seem to occur there. The places I'm talking abt are Pakistan, Afganistan and India.

India is not a muslim state!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2006, 02:22:17 PM »

Of course there are laws against it. The law is called a DEATH SENTENCE!!

Death sentence, BS. Muslims in India (and I believe elsewhere) don't have to follow the laws laid down by the legislature, applicable to everyone else. They have what they call 'Sharia' law, which are the laws set by your clerics and Imams. Under this law, the following are legal:

1) Polygamy - Marry as many women as u want, when u want.
2) Divorce - A simple matter of uttering the 'Triple Talak'! No procedures or paperwork required!
Plus, the woman cannot divorce a man, only vice versa.

When was the last time a Muslim man was sentenced to death for beating his wife? Check out the BS that happens in India alone (Mind u, these are real cases): http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/002275.html

P.S: Your argument that "what the scriptures say is different" is invalid. If all ur Imams and clerics misinterpret the Quran and behave as mentioned above, what's the use?

Wrong totally wrong! The scriptures are not invalid. Polygamy in Islam only limits to 4 at a time, Divorce is also complex, and a woman can divorce a man. You are only proving more and more the quran when it says when men follow their own desires they corrupt religion as shown in Surah Ruum, Surah 30.
Islam is the religion off Allah and we live and do things according to how Allah wants us and if that's not what these Imams arent doing, i declare them non-Muslim. Your arguments of following people is invalid because what people do is not necessarily whats allowed in the scriptures.
Mustafa Kamal, the great traitor to Muslims BANNED Headscarf for woman, BANNED azaan (call for prayer) and this was in Turkey, once a very powerful country for the islamic state. Does that mean women dont wear headscarfs and say Islam says you dont have to wear a headscarf?Huh? NO is the answer, the answer is NO!!!

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2006, 02:25:09 PM »

India is more muslim as years go by.

Nothing to say
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2006, 02:28:02 PM »

Personally, i was talking to this Morrocan girl just yesterday and she was telling me about her 3 days long wedding with her 5 traditional costumes, her carrying by professional carriers, her white european wedding dress and all, it sounded fab.

I realyl think some people can only see other countries with how they were brought up in their own and that's sad.

Nothing to say
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2006, 02:28:18 PM »

No I think your the unintelligent one.. your the one who is not open minded.. and dont try to change what you said.. it was very sexist and elitist.. so go live your life.. hell your only 15! your not a prophet.. I think you have to kill a few jews first... or at least direct a few to do so..

yOU'RE SOOOOOOOO bored as to actually trying to offend me. I know i aint a Prophet, i disagree that prophethood is the right way for me because I feel it'd be too much unless Allah suggests otherwise. You know secretly there's nothing wrong with islam yet you try attack me talking about muslims. I was not sexist.

Example, Me and Dad go to the mosque or lead a prayer in the house, what do my sisters do? Well the one that has a child has to look after them as the father is out the country, every other woman is on their menses and doesnt have to pray or read quran because the blood that comes out isnt hygienic as such. and to read quran and pray you have to be 100% hygiene via ghusl or wudhu.

Prophets had to lead their people into prayer and stuff and bear witness to revelations which a woman couldnt have done if on menses. You are an insane liar and your arguments are very weak. I'm disappointed in you.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »

ps :

a lot of customs are exactly the same in the jewish religion

Nothing to say
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »

Those cartoons were totally uncalled for. Why can't u just stick to the discussion?? Angry

Well If it upsets him that much I guess he can call a jihad on me! My point is he talks about how Allah chose men only for prophethood because women have Issues! But then take a look at what the Prophets and Prophethood did in response to these cartoons! They freaked! If Allah knows best why does he make evil people prophets?

What "Prophets and Prophethood freaked"Huh? Again this makes no sense and you are looking at the so called followers and not the islam of the quran and authentic hadiths states.

Again you lie!! How are we evil!! If you claim we are such terrorists, WHY HAS ISLAM INCREASED BY 235%!!!!!!!! Answer, NOT POPULATION INCREASE! NOT ALL OF IT!!!

ASK YVONNE RIDLEY!!!!!!!!

Secondly, I said i suggest, maybe i was wrong, how was it sexist? I was understanding that Menses can be a tough time for women.

Islam was spread into Malaysia and Indonesia and even China and as far as north africa and BY WHAT MAJOR TERRORIST ARMY??? If Islam was that bad religion, WHY is there Still CHRISTIANS IN SAUDIA ARABIA!!?HuhHuh? WHY are there Christians in IRAQ!?Huh? WHY are there CHRISTIANS IN EGYPT!!!! If we are all that violent as you like to propogate there would be no other religons except pure muslims in these countries. Again you have no base, again you propogate. If you try and anger me with these cartoons, i dont stoop down to your loser levels. I attempt, i say ATTEMPT a more contructive output.

Brody
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2006, 02:38:08 PM »

yOU'RE SOOOOOOOO bored as to actually trying to offend me. I know i aint a Prophet, i disagree that prophethood is the right way for me because I feel it'd be too much unless Allah suggests otherwise. You know secretly there's nothing wrong with islam yet you try attack me talking about muslims. I was not sexist.

Example, Me and Dad go to the mosque or lead a prayer in the house, what do my sisters do? Well the one that has a child has to look after them as the father is out the country, every other woman is on their menses and doesnt have to pray or read quran because the blood that comes out isnt hygienic as such. and to read quran and pray you have to be 100% hygiene via ghusl or wudhu.

Prophets had to lead their people into prayer and stuff and bear witness to revelations which a woman couldnt have done if on menses. You are an insane liar and your arguments are very weak. I'm disappointed in you.

Please explain how im an insane Liar? I dont think i was the only one who found you comments sexist! So let me get this! Women are not Hygenic? so they could not lead prayer? makes no sense to me! just sounds like another way for men to step over women!
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2006, 02:38:20 PM »

pss :

i am awful on menses

tough alright

ok

Nothing to say
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2006, 02:39:56 PM »

Yeah, but there are about 200 million muslims, which is a considerable amount.

Polygamy in Islam only limits to 4 at a time.

What a joke.
4 as in a foursome?  Wink Get real, man.

Islam is the religion off Allah and we live and do things according to how Allah wants us and if that's not what these Imams arent doing, i declare them non-Muslim. Your arguments of following people is invalid because what people do is not necessarily whats allowed in the scriptures.

Once again, u put forward the same argument. It's not what the Quran says that's key here. If ur 'book' is written in a cryptic language that nobody understands and requires the use of 'Imams' for interpretation, what's the use of the Quran? Seems like the 'Imams' are having a ball...

What's ur answer to Duffman's post:

It works the same way with Muslim clerics today.  How is one to know what the real message is?  Likewise, isn't it against the laws of Islam to translate the Qur'an?  It was the same way with the Bible for a long time-- it just was not translated from Latin until Luther's 95 Theses.  Additionally, nothing in the bible speaks of the 7 sacraments of Catholicism, yet they are considered to be mandatory to get into heaven by Catholics.

A religion will always be judged by its leaders' actions, not by the message of the book.  And rightly so.  Why does the message of the book matter if the leaders are so willing to violate all of its precepts?

And most important of all, a quote straight from the Quran, allowing husbands to beat their wives:

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more [strength] than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them [first], [Next], refuse to share their beds, [And last] beat them [lightly]; but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means [of annoyance]: For Allah is Most High, great [above you all]." - [Qur'an] 4:34 English translation: Yusuf Ali.

What's ur answer to that?!!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 02:42:17 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: