Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:10:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  How low can Limbaugh go?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How low can Limbaugh go?  (Read 36918 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 10:59:17 AM »

I think you have a crush on SLC, I really do, and you try to get his attention, but its just "bad attention".  rofl

Don't ask, don't tell.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 11:00:44 AM »

limbaugh should have just criticized the add itself, which is filled with lies.

in the commercial, Fox accuses Talent of wanting to make stem cell research a crime, which is a lie.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Surfrider
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 11:00:52 AM »

No, I just can't stomach reading your outrage.? You attack Limbaugh for his baseless vicious political attack on Fox, yet you condone, and even promote, arguments such as the United States inflicted 911 upon itself.? I at least am consistent.? Like yourself, I hate hypocrites.?

See that is the point.

Nobody here is "outraged", we just think he is a right wing stooge.........which of course he is.

You still don't see the hypocrisy? ?Limbaugh uses the same tactics that you do to undermine his oppoenents. ?You promote an argument that the United States inflicted 911 upon itself to undercut Bush, just as Limbaugh argues that Fox is faking his Parkisons to undermine him on stem cell.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 11:02:29 AM »

There's no question Limbaugh is an idiot and that his comments were disgraceful.  I do, however, find some of the people's outrage on this thread ironic considering their viewpoints on other subjects.

You could never just say "Hey that Limbaugh is an ass."

You have to find another way to pick a fight huh?

Berkelely you are truly the most ridiculous person who posts in "the jungle".  I'm speechless at your last post, like SLC said, you can't just comment on the thread.  I think you have a crush on SLC, I really do, and you try to get his attention, but its just "bad attention".  rofl
Why don't you just ask him out?  Are you trying to get him to approve of you by constantly defending him?  My post is absolutely reasonable.  I said Limbaugh is an idiot.  SLC can turnaround other people's posts in other subjects and argue that they are hypocrites because they support Iraq.  Yet, I cannot point hypocrisy of the same kind.  Why don't you read the posts and actually think instead of writing before you think.

"You're a towel"

"YOU'RE a towel"

haha thats what you sound like.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 11:03:25 AM »

You still don't see the hypocrisy?  Limbaugh uses the same tactics that you do to undermine his oppoenents.  You promote an argument that the United States inflicted 911 upon itself to undercut Bush, just as Limbaugh argues that Fox is faking his Parkisons to undermine him on stem cell.

More strawman bullshit. I don't argue that the US inflicted 9-11. I do argue that the entire story has not been told and that there are inconsistencies in the "official" story. But you knew that already............wanna take me out to lunch now?   Kiss
Surfrider
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 11:04:54 AM »

There's no question Limbaugh is an idiot and that his comments were disgraceful.? I do, however, find some of the people's outrage on this thread ironic considering their viewpoints on other subjects.

You could never just say "Hey that Limbaugh is an ass."

You have to find another way to pick a fight huh?

Berkelely you are truly the most ridiculous person who posts in "the jungle".? I'm speechless at your last post, like SLC said, you can't just comment on the thread.? I think you have a crush on SLC, I really do, and you try to get his attention, but its just "bad attention".? rofl
Why don't you just ask him out?? Are you trying to get him to approve of you by constantly defending him?? My post is absolutely reasonable.? I said Limbaugh is an idiot.? SLC can turnaround other people's posts in other subjects and argue that they are hypocrites because they support Iraq.? Yet, I cannot point hypocrisy of the same kind.? Why don't you read the posts and actually think instead of writing before you think.

"You're a towel"

"YOU'RE a towel"

Ok. Roll Eyes  I had read some of your posts in the past, and I thought you were reasonable.  Your recent comments lead me to believe otherwise.  Maybe SLC will let you carry his jockstrap.
Surfrider
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 11:07:15 AM »

You still don't see the hypocrisy?? Limbaugh uses the same tactics that you do to undermine his oppoenents.? You promote an argument that the United States inflicted 911 upon itself to undercut Bush, just as Limbaugh argues that Fox is faking his Parkisons to undermine him on stem cell.

More strawman bullshit. I don't argue that the US inflicted 9-11. I do argue that the entire story has not been told and that there are inconsistencies in the "official" story. But you knew that already............wanna take me out to lunch now?? ?Kiss
You create more strawmen then anyone in any of these threads, yet that is always your only response. 

We agree on Limbaugh.  At least that is gaining ground.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 11:09:46 AM »

"You're a towel"

"YOU'RE a towel"

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 11:17:34 AM »

Hahaha this one only took a page (no pun intended to the GOP party or Mark Foley) to get started.  rofl peace

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 11:19:26 AM »

Hahaha this one only took a page (no pun intended to the GOP party or Mark Foley) to get started.  rofl peace

Foley likes to thumb his pages I hear.................
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 11:21:20 AM »

Don't bother paying any attention to Limbaugh. ?Comments like these have always been his trademark and his pathetic way of keeping himself "relevant". ?So he needs to go off like this every once in a while. ?Do you really think this lowlife windbag would be the country's most popular political talk radio guy if he addressed issues purely on their merits?

My apologies for going off-tangent by addressing the thread topic. ?Please continue from where you all left off, anything is more interesting than Rush Limbaugh.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 11:23:36 AM »

Of course it was wrong of him to say that... Nobody's argued that. The thread would've just died away after a few "this is horrible posts. but people again, had to drag the right wing, left wing shit into this and talk as if this was the actual viewpoint of the entire party. Plus there is the thing that he _did_ apologise. These guys are trying to get every edge they can, and we've seen how dirty they can play at the last presidential elections. So sometimes, there are going to be exaggerated comments from both sides.

It was stupid of him to say so, but he apologised. Everyone overreacts sometimes. I for one think it's ethically not the best of ideas to use a visibly sick person to drive political agendas. And I know he's doing it because he wants to. Still. People's votes and actions should be based on facts, not on political ads that tell 1 side of the tale and offer no objectivity what so ever.

A decent human being wouldn't have said it in the first place? Maybe true. But is a politically active person that tries everything to get his/her point across ever a decent person, is another question.

btw. I haven't seen the add nor Limbaughs comments on video, so this is all just my thoughts on the article and opinions in general.

People who wish to post about Fox's political adds and Limbaughs idiocy.. You've come to the right place. People who want to talk about iraq, rightwing leftwing or give any other bullshit reply (eg. HannaHat's last one)... go find another forum.

This is the only warning about getting back on topic.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 11:31:28 AM »

nice post skeba  ok

i think using fox for political gain is a smart move by the dems. the ad is powerful.

i just don't know why they have to have him lie about the position of the republican opponents. it may hurt some of the impact. cause the reason the commercial works is that it's real life, not politics.

but once people realize there are lies, it makes the ad political.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 11:34:27 AM »

nice post skeba  ok

i think using fox for political gain is a smart move by the dems. the ad is powerful.

i just don't know why they have to have him lie about the position of the republican opponents. it may hurt some of the impact. cause the reason the commercial works is that it's real life, not politics.

but once people realize there are lies, it makes the ad political.

I only saw an excerpt of the ad on CNN last night....anyone have a link to the real one?

Skeba, nice post indeed (even though you're not a towelie fan, hehe).  It'd be nice if we could stay on topic for once.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 02:02:22 PM »

just check youtube - it's gotta be on there.

i can't wait to see the Republican commercial tonight which features celebrities against stem cell research.

hopefully it's 100% honest, unlike the Fox ad (which misled viewers).

this is a chance to clear up everyone's position; namely that
1. the bill Fox supports would make CLONING a constitutional right,
2. Talent does not wish to criminalize stem cell research,
3. he is against embyonic stem cell research.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 02:58:09 PM »

Here is the ad of MJF:

http://claireonline.com/multimedia/ads/MichaelJFox.jsp

In fairness here is the response ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nguJQ_dRPXw

This YouTube video has both the MJF ad and some of Rush's radio commentary/supposed apology afterwards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14pGY1P97L8

Radio archive of his commentary after the initial attack on MJF:

http://mfile.akamai.com/5020/wma/rushlimb.download.akamai.com/5020/clips/06/10/102306_5_fox.asx
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:18:39 PM by Bandita » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 03:19:02 PM »

Personally, I wish celebs/sports figures on both sides of the coin would just shut up and play ball games and/or make movies-tv shows. 

I think in the case of MJF and Christopher Reeves, Magic Johnson, Nancy Reagen etc.. its a little different b/c they help bring awareness to issues and they are issues that actually effects them, that they are personally dealing with.  But do I really care what Tim Robbins thinks?  Or what Kurt "JEEESSSSUSSSSS" Warner thinks?

Nope, not really. 

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 03:31:04 PM »

Personally, I wish celebs/sports figures on both sides of the coin would just shut up and play ball games and/or make movies-tv shows.?

I think in the case of MJF and Christopher Reeves, Magic Johnson, Nancy Reagen etc.. its a little different b/c they help bring awareness to issues and they are issues that actually effects them, that they are personally dealing with.? But do I really care what Tim Robbins thinks?? Or what Kurt "JEEESSSSUSSSSS" Warner thinks?

Nope, not really.?

Oh, I totally agree, I was just putting it all out there so people could form their opinions.  I really care not what some chick from Everybody Loves Raymond thinks about stem cell research, to me her opinion is just as valid as mine or anyone else out there and that is what I find to be exploitation of status.  I do not have a problem with sufferers such as MJF backing an issue that affects them personally-

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 03:36:07 PM »

I just watched the response ad and I have to say.......wow...pretty pathetic. ?You guys talk about MJF using his illness to gain support for Stem Cell research.......OF COURSE HE DID. ?He and millions of others that suffer from diseases could highly benefit from the future advances that can be made. ?The reponse ad featured a bunch of people that have no reason to be on the commercial other than they're huge sports stars or tv/movie stars. ?Who gives a shit what Kurt Warner or the pitcher from the Cards thinks. ?Same with that Everybody Loves Raymond chick and the guy that played Jesus. ?
They're really overplaying the human cloning thing. ?The goddamn amendment isn't about cloning humans and all that Gattaca shit. ?It's about harvesting embryonic stem cells which is basically removing cells out of the embryo at a very early stage....master cells that can duplicate what other stem cells cant. ?Doctors have successfully now removed the cells from the embryos without damaging it at all. ?Fuck even Govnah Ahnuld supports it and has pleaded with his fellow republicans to pass it. ?
Personally I've seen what the effects of Alzheimers and Parkinsons can do. ?It's horrid to sit there and watch a person try to drink a cup of coffee when they're shaking so uncontrollably bad that they continually spill it. ?It's horrible to watch someone forget their own son's name due to Alzheimers. ?Why the hell would anyone want to stop medical advances that could be used to treat this? ?If you feel it's an ethical thing please explain why.....the floor is open to anyone.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:37:44 PM by bill213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »

Personally, I wish celebs/sports figures on both sides of the coin would just shut up and play ball games and/or make movies-tv shows. 

I think in the case of MJF and Christopher Reeves, Magic Johnson, Nancy Reagen etc.. its a little different b/c they help bring awareness to issues and they are issues that actually effect them, that they are personally dealing with.  But do I really care what Tim Robbins thinks?  Or what Kurt "JEEESSSSUSSSSS" Warner thinks?

Nope, not really. 

Oh, I totally agree, I was just putting it all out there so people could form their opinions. 

No worries dude, I wasn't responding to you posting it, just to the ad itself - I think its cool to see/hear both sides of the coin  ok
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:49:44 PM by HannaHat » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: