Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:44:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I shot the biggest buck of my life today
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I shot the biggest buck of my life today  (Read 21188 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2006, 07:58:43 PM »

nice rack! ok

i just got back from Wyoming and I got a nice 5x4 Mulie.

this week (mon to sat) is our NJ deer season and I havent gotten one yet Sad

next year I'm going to Quebec for 2 Caribou...cant wait!
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2006, 10:10:38 PM »

I'm going to Alaska next year to hunt with an Army buddy.   I'm gonna bring a club and beat baby seals senseless.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2006, 10:46:16 PM »

I'm going to Alaska next year to hunt with an Army buddy.? ?I'm gonna bring a club and beat baby seals senseless.

Bring me back a baby seal rug please.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2006, 12:22:04 AM »

Hunting out of neccessity to feed your family or the poor I get...eat what you kill....what I find so hard to swallow is the 'bragging' rights that seem to go along with this. "I never saw an exit wound so big" or how good you felt...I feel fear when I hear someone say that...it is like bragging about how good it felt to kill something....I grew up with a father that hunted everything from moose and caribou to grouse and pheasant, we never went hungry nor did alot of members of our family but never once, from my father or any other person did I hear how proud they were or how good it felt. It was just something to do to help feed your family, a chore...not a passage of 'manhood' or a sport.

A lot of the hypocrisy goes right over his head. On one hand it's " humane" and "for food." But at the same time the name of the thread is "I shot the biggest buck of my life today". Which is nothing more than bragging about one's latest conquest.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2006, 12:37:24 AM »

Hunting out of neccessity to feed your family or the poor I get...eat what you kill....what I find so hard to swallow is the 'bragging' rights that seem to go along with this. "I never saw an exit wound so big" or how good you felt...I feel fear when I hear someone say that...it is like bragging about how good it felt to kill something....I grew up with a father that hunted everything from moose and caribou to grouse and pheasant, we never went hungry nor did alot of members of our family but never once, from my father or any other person did I hear how proud they were or how good it felt. It was just something to do to help feed your family, a chore...not a passage of 'manhood' or a sport.

A lot of the hypocrisy goes right over his head. On one hand it's " humane" and "for food." But at the same time the name of the thread is "I shot the biggest buck of my life today". Which is nothing more than bragging about one's latest conquest.

Personally, I don't see the harm in him saying its for food AND that he enjoys it.  Hunting is legal, it has a season (just like football, baseball etc...) it is considered by some to be a sport.  There is an element of competition involved (same with fishing).  Whether a hunter likes the thrill of the kill and the food is a bonus or the other way around, I don't think its fair to say it has to be one or the other.  Me personally, I don't think I could ever pull the trigger on an animal like that, but its a persons choice to do so if they please.  Just as those who are totally against hunting can speak out against it and say whatever they want about those who hunt.

Thats the great thing about this country.  people have the choice to do things even if others disagree with that choice - that is unless you are gay and want to get married or you get pregnant and choose to have an abortion  Wink

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2006, 12:42:17 AM »

Personally, I don't see the harm in him saying its for food AND that he enjoys it. 

Me neither, but he is trying to sell it as "just hunting for food" and not for enjoyment, while the title clearly says "enjoyment."

Just say you like to shoot animals for fun/sport as well as food, don't try to bullshit everybody about it.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2006, 08:05:18 AM »

Personally, I don't see the harm in him saying its for food AND that he enjoys it.?

Me neither, but he is trying to sell it as "just hunting for food" and not for enjoyment, while the title clearly says "enjoyment."

Just say you like to shoot animals for fun/sport as well as food, don't try to bullshit everybody about it.

That's not true at all.  Obviously I enjoy it and acknowledge it or I wouldn't even bother.  I reference the meat because it shows that the kill isn't solely for sport.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2006, 08:45:13 AM »

why are everyone going emo for this?

And the birds, they like, die and shit  crying

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2006, 10:26:07 AM »

why are everyone going emo for this?

That cracked me up - I'll have to start using that phrase  ok