Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Night Train anyone?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Night Train anyone?  (Read 23843 times)
cocoscum
Opening Act

So far out from the shore

« on: January 02, 2007, 03:32:15 AM »

Does anyone know where i can get a couple bottles of night train in the CT/RI area?  I've tried a shitload of packy's in the Norwich/Westerly area, but cant find anything.  Thanks.

Trust me.  I'm probably drunk.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:50:53 AM »

i tried everywhere in the New York/NJ area, no one has even heard of it...i dont know if they even make it anymore...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 03:51:45 AM »

I hear its the ghetto drink..cheap, nasty, and HUGE hangover.  I'll still try it if I find it though...
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 03:53:31 AM »

http://www.spiritsusa.com/

This is the only shop I found where you can order it online I think.

Since I am from Europe I can't tell you how it works exactly.

I hope it helped a little bit.

EDIT:

This one in NJ is not an online shop!!!
NEW JERSEY:

The Hub
    123 French St
    New Brunswick, NJ 08901
    (732) 247-7933

this one is listed to have it
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:56:05 AM by mj23 » Logged
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 03:56:30 AM »

they sell it by where my friend lives  Grin
anythinggoes
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 04:28:17 AM »

http://www.bumwine.com/nighttrain.html

the effects

Don't let the 0.5% less alcohol by volume fool you, the Night Train is all business when it pulls into the station.  All aboard to nowhere - woo wooo!  The night train runs only one route: sober to stupid with no roundtrip tickets available, and a strong liklihood of a train wreck along the way.  This trainyard favorite is vinted and bottled by E&J Gallo Winery, in in Modesto, CA.  Don't bother looking on their web page, because they dare not mention it there.  As a clever disguise, the label says that it is made by "Night Train Limited."  Some suspect that Night Train is really just Thunderbird with some Kool-Aid-like substance added to try to mask the Clorox flavor.  Some of our researchers indicated that it gave them a NyQuil-like drowsiness, and perhaps this is why they put "night" in the name.  The picture (above right) shows that the subject that drank Night Train is down for the count, while the Cisco guzzling subject is ready to rock.  Guaranteed to tickle your innards.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 06:31:43 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 05:05:21 AM »

I thought the name was Nightrain, like the song.  Huh Roll Eyes Tongue

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 06:04:29 AM »

Fuck Night Train, try this   Cool shotofabsinthe.com Cool

« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 06:13:48 AM by RR Mafia » Logged
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 06:15:54 AM »

They were selling it where I lived in the South of the US. Pretty cheap too, but I never tried it...it's citrus wine or something, right?

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 06:21:25 AM »

Just found this on Wikipedia, interesting stuff, I didn't know this:

The hard rock band Guns N' Roses wrote a song, Nightrain, about the wine. E & J Gallo Winery contacted the band after the song's release to inform them that they should have paid for the right to use the Night Train brand name (it is believed the song title was contracted to Nightrain in an attempt to get around this). The company later decided they would accept the 300% increase in sales triggered by the song as an alternative payment.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Train_(wine)

I remember seeing it in that format in package stores in the South:

More pics: http://www.ghettowine.com/nighttrain/
On one of them you can read "Citrus wine and natural flavors"...lol I don't wanna drink citrus wine...lol
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 06:23:30 AM by Will » Logged

Red_Locks
Headliner

...you can't put your hands around a memory...

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 07:01:50 AM »

The song is a tribute to an infamous brand of cheap Californian wine, Night Train Express, which was extremely popular with the band during their early days, thanks mainly to its low price and high alcohol content.

We were living in the Gardener Street studio, where we had one little box of a room. We had no money but we could dig up a buck to go down to this liquor store. It happened to have this great wine called Nightrain that would fuck you up for a dollar. Five dollars and you'd be gone. We lived off this stuff. Duff - Hit Parader March 1988

According to the band the song was written 'in situ', in other words whilst they were drinking Night Train. Some sources claim that the first version was actually yelled (presumably by Axl) whilst walking back to their apartment from the liquor store further up the street.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightrain

Fuck the poets of the past, my friends..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862JtVBBv78? ..GNR during their free time
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 07:08:24 AM »

try golden monkey that will fuck you up.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 10:41:26 AM »

They USED to sell it up in Winsted, CT...in a little packie, heading out of town, North, on Old Route 8 (about 5 miles south of the Rte 8/CT 20 intersection).  But the packie has changed hands a couple of times since then and I've not gone looking to see if they still carry it in the last 3 or 4 years.

The stuff is potent, tastes vaguely like Nyquil (before reformulation) or Robotussin (also before reformulation) mixed with grape juice, from what I recall, and was insanely cheap.

If you're doing this for "sentimental" GnR related collectable reasons, keep searching.

If you're doing it because you want to taste it, or consume it....don't bother.  It's wretched stuff that's only good if you absolutely NEED a cheep buzz.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 10:42:37 AM »

http://www.bumwine.com/nighttrain.html

the effects

Don't let the 0.5% less alcohol by volume fool you, the Night Train is all business when it pulls into the station.? All aboard to nowhere - woo wooo!? The night train runs only one route: sober to stupid with no roundtrip tickets available, and a strong liklihood of a train wreck along the way.? This trainyard favorite is vinted and bottled by E&J Gallo Winery, in in Modesto, CA.? Don't bother looking on their web page, because they dare not mention it there.? As a clever disguise, the label says that it is made by "Night Train Limited."? Some suspect that Night Train is really just Thunderbird with some Kool-Aid-like substance added to try to mask the Clorox flavor.? Some of our researchers indicated that it gave them a NyQuil-like drowsiness, and perhaps this is why they put "night" in the name.? The picture (above right) shows that the subject that drank Night Train is down for the count, while the Cisco guzzling subject is ready to rock.? Guaranteed to tickle your innards.

LOL!! rofl... hihi

Thanks a million for posting that Anythinggoes...Im still laughing my ass off.. hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
anythinggoes
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 10:45:49 AM »

They USED to sell it up in Winsted, CT...in a little packie, heading out of town, North, on Old Route 8 (about 5 miles south of the Rte 8/CT 20 intersection).? But the packie has changed hands a couple of times since then and I've not gone looking to see if they still carry it in the last 3 or 4 years.

The stuff is potent, tastes vaguely like Nyquil (before reformulation) or Robotussin (also before reformulation) mixed with grape juice, from what I recall, and was insanely cheap.

Now i believe in England to call the People that own run 7-11 or corner shops Pakis is Racist and they take offence a lot of the time they are not Pakistanis they are Indians, is it the same in USA or is it just us English
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 10:51:10 AM »

They USED to sell it up in Winsted, CT...in a little packie, heading out of town, North, on Old Route 8 (about 5 miles south of the Rte 8/CT 20 intersection).? But the packie has changed hands a couple of times since then and I've not gone looking to see if they still carry it in the last 3 or 4 years.

Now i believe in England to call the People that own run 7-11 or corner shops Pakis is Racist and they take offence a lot of the time they are not Pakistanis they are Indians, is it the same in USA or is it just us English

Here in Canada, it is most certainly classified as "racist" however I didn't say anything? because Im not easily offended, and because it's none of my business to call someone on a racial slur Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Zartan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 10:57:18 AM »

Does anyone know where i can get a couple bottles of night train in the CT/RI area?  I've tried a shitload of packy's in the Norwich/Westerly area, but cant find anything.  Thanks.

I used to get Night Train at the package stores around UConn - in Storrs, CT.  It was foul, but effective and cheap.  I think Holiday Spirits had it - not sure if they still do but worth a try. beer

"They'd rather sit home and shoot heroin with their bitch wives than tour with us."   - Axl Rose
Zartan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 11:00:17 AM »

They USED to sell it up in Winsted, CT...in a little packie, heading out of town, North, on Old Route 8 (about 5 miles south of the Rte 8/CT 20 intersection).  But the packie has changed hands a couple of times since then and I've not gone looking to see if they still carry it in the last 3 or 4 years.

In Connecticut the Liquor Stores are called Package Stores or Packies for short- nothing to do with race thankfully.

"They'd rather sit home and shoot heroin with their bitch wives than tour with us."   - Axl Rose
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 11:10:09 AM »

Packie as in "Package Store" (which is what our liquor stores are called up here in CT).

For example: "I'm making a quick packie run.  Anyone want anything?".

Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, and FYI: Our 7-11 type stores (Cumberland farms, Quickie Mart, X-tra Mart, 7-11, etc) don't sell "adult beverage consumables".
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 11:13:16 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 11:11:40 AM »

In Connecticut the Liquor Stores are called Package Stores or Packies for short- nothing to do with race thankfully.

Thanks Zartan.

Nice to see a fellow Nutmegger jump in and explain.

PS: Nutmegger = "Resident of the Nutmeg State", less anyone think THAT was a racist term. Smiley

Together again,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: