Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:10:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Congress convenes with Dems in power
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Congress convenes with Dems in power  (Read 20600 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2007, 10:57:25 PM »

Are the Democrats thru giving "thank you's" to each other yet?

If so, I would really like to see the Democrats stop the Mexican invasion of illegal immigrants into the U.S. and deport those who are in this country illegally. And also crack down on those employers who hire illegals and fine them enormously.

You got the wrong group in control to see this.? The Dems don't have any interest in stopping the invasion.? They will probably want to increase welfare to them.? ?hihi

yeah, having control of congress for a few days - i mean, how come they haven't addressed this yet?? Too busy with the minimum wage and corrupt congress, and 9-11 commission implementations and this thing in Iraq or something....

The last congress had 6 years and a repub in the white house and they did TONS to battle illegal immigration....oh...wait.

they didn't do much of anything did they?

Like this congress will find out, it's hard to implement a plan when the other side opposes it.? If the republicans (and democrats for that matter), had no opposition, they could and would implement change on the border.? But neither side sees eye to eye so it doesn't get done.? The liberals won't get anything done on the mexican invasion either.?

i think you're one of a very small group of people who has this issue on their radar right now.  funny with the shit storm in iraq you guys are trying to change the subject.  why not dig up a thread about gays and christian rights or something.  oh wait, you already did that.  nevermind. 

who needs Nyquil to go to sleep, just read your posts...total snoozefest.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2007, 11:57:15 PM »

Breaking CNN: House passes minimum wage raise 315 - 116.

Up to $7.25, over two years.

Its about time...

But THANK GOD the rich people got all those tax breaks b/c they REALLY needed them you know  ok

The rich people are the ones driving the economy.  People making minimum wage are not growing our economy.  When you give tax breaks to the rich, it stimulates the economy in a huge way.  I never understand when people get mad at tax breaks for the rich.  Hell they pay a huge percentage of the overall income tax in the country already.  I forget the number, but it's a huge percentage.  The rich deserve tax breaks just as much or more so than the poor.  It's because of them that our economy thrives.

oh please, they keep the cash for themselves.  have you read about the insane bonuses these CEOs are getting?  either they are getting paid or the stock holders are.  Trickle down economics is bullshit and you know it Flagg.

and who is talking about tax breaks for the poor?  Its the middle class who gets fucked in the ass.

I am sure that all the CEOs just hoard the millions and swim around in pools filled with it. They never SPEND any thus putting money into the economy.  Sheesh, talk about clueless. Businesses don't lose profit when taxes go up, they just raise the price and the consumer pays more... you know them, the middle class you speak of.

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2007, 12:06:49 AM »

i think you're one of a very small group of people who has this issue on their radar right now.  funny with the shit storm in iraq you guys are trying to change the subject.  why not dig up a thread about gays and christian rights or something.  oh wait, you already did that.  nevermind. 

Drew's in the same boat: SS-keep-the-subject-off-Iraq.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2007, 01:57:14 AM »

i think you're one of a very small group of people who has this issue on their radar right now.? funny with the shit storm in iraq you guys are trying to change the subject.? why not dig up a thread about gays and christian rights or something.? oh wait, you already did that.? nevermind.?

Drew's in the same boat: SS-keep-the-subject-off-Iraq.

Aww but c'mon, who's got time to worry about Iraq, when you got those gays out there going against God's will.  Everytime a gay couple wants to gets married, the terrorists win!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2007, 08:19:55 AM »

I am sure that all the CEOs just hoard the millions and swim around in pools filled with it. They never SPEND any thus putting money into the economy.  Sheesh, talk about clueless. Businesses don't lose profit when taxes go up, they just raise the price and the consumer pays more... you know them, the middle class you speak of.

For pure consumerism dollars spent, the middle class is far and away the larger number.... because there's a lot more of them.  While the "rich" spend more, per capita, the total middle class spending number dwarfs it.  Logic would dictate you give more spending power to the group that does the most amount of spending, or a group you'd LIKE to do more spending, not the group who, for all intents and purposes, have pretty much maximized their spending power (the "rich).

Just to stem the request for a "source":  The Department of Labor?s Consumer Expenditure Survey.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:40:48 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2007, 09:45:36 AM »

For pure consumerism dollars spent, the middle class is far and away the larger number.... because there's a lot more of them.  While the "rich" spend more, per capita, the total middle class spending number dwarfs it.  Logic would dictate you give more spending power to the group that does the most amount of spending, or a group you'd LIKE to do more spending, not the group who, for all intents and purposes, have pretty much maximized their spending power (the "rich).

Just to stem the request for a "source":  The Department of Labor?s Consumer Expenditure Survey.

I love Pilferk's posts - hes able to articulate most of my sentiments/thoughts better then I can myself.  ok

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2007, 09:52:09 AM »

How low can he go??

WASHINGTON - Public approval of Congress has edged up a bit now that Democrats are back in control, but it's still nothing to write home about. Approval for the way Congress is handling its job rose to 32 percent in the latest AP-Ipsos poll, up from a meager 27 percent a month earlier. That puts Congress on par with President Bush, whose 32 percent approval rating represents a new low for him in AP-Ipsos polling.

Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2007, 10:17:31 AM »

So if you want the middle class to have more money to spend, would it make sense to raise taxes on the rich so they raise prices on the goods that the middle class is going to hopefully buy? Hmmm not in my book it don't.

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2007, 10:50:36 AM »

I am sure that all the CEOs just hoard the millions and swim around in pools filled with it. They never SPEND any thus putting money into the economy.? Sheesh, talk about clueless. Businesses don't lose profit when taxes go up, they just raise the price and the consumer pays more... you know them, the middle class you speak of.

For pure consumerism dollars spent, the middle class is far and away the larger number.... because there's a lot more of them.? While the "rich" spend more, per capita, the total middle class spending number dwarfs it.? Logic would dictate you give more spending power to the group that does the most amount of spending, or a group you'd LIKE to do more spending, not the group who, for all intents and purposes, have pretty much maximized their spending power (the "rich).

Just to stem the request for a "source":? The Department of Labor?s Consumer Expenditure Survey.

So if you want the middle class to have more money to spend, would it make sense to raise taxes on the rich so they raise prices on the goods that the middle class is going to hopefully buy? Hmmm not in my book it don't.

wow.oh my god. christ your funny.. im stil laughing. thanks man that was about the funniest thing i have read. LOL......

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2007, 11:30:25 AM »

wow.oh my god. christ your funny.. im stil laughing. thanks man that was about the funniest thing i have read. LOL......

funny or stupidiest??  Huh

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2007, 11:40:43 AM »

Eh hem...aside from displaying an incredible lack of knowledge of how the free market economy actually works.....let's address some points:

First off, The "rich" don't raise prices on the goods that the middle class consume.  Corporations and businesses do.  The "rich" are consumers (that CEO you mentioned, FYI), more affluent with larger resources, just like you and me.  That was rather the point of my post.  The "rich" spend more per person, but the size of that group is so much smaller than the middle class, as whole, that the final dollar number is HEAVILY weighted on the side of the middle class.

Secondly, There are also, basically, two ENTIRELY different tax codes for consumers and for businesses (with many, many gradiations in each...I'm not going to get into all the specifics and I'm simplifying, for sure, for anyone that takes issue).  So cutting taxes on the middle class, or raising taxes of the wealthy CONSUMERS is not going to have one iota of an efffect on corporations and most businesses (I don't know of many large DBA's or Sole proprietorships out there, which are the only business type that personal tax code changes might effect...and from the numbers I've seen MOST of those types of businesses wouldn't earn enough taxable income to be effected, anyway.  High earning businesses typically end up as LLC type things, or wholely owned inc's.).

Third, and perhaps most importantly, IF there was a tax increase for "wealthy" corporations/businesses, corporations and businesses can try to pass along increased tax burden to the consumer..that's true..but only to the extent that they can keep their prices within the acceptable level of the consumer AND continue to be a business that the consumer will buy from.    That limit is what keeps our free market economy going....the law of supply and demand, and all it's various tenets.  The corporation has to supply a product at a price the consumer will pay...or demand will dwindle, their revenue will tank, and they'll soon find themselves filing for bankruptcy.

Again, historically speaking...our economy tends to boom when the middle class increases in size, and gets more spending power.  When it gets smaller in size, and/or spends less...those corporations everyone is so worried about see their revenues tank...and they pay less taxes as a result, too.  See how this works?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:49:35 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2007, 11:42:36 AM »

you decide... lol

but read the above from pilfric. its close on what i had save in word for when someone asked that question

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
SLCPUNK
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2007, 12:21:25 PM »

I love Pilferk's posts - hes able to articulate most of my sentiments/thoughts better then I can myself.  ok

Me three.

Eh hem...

Any good post starts with a great throat clear, which I have yet to master.

you decide... lol

but read the above from pilfric. its close on what i had save in word for when someone asked that question

I love you bro, but why do you still type with your nose after all these years?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 12:24:28 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2007, 12:47:09 PM »

Me three.

Eh hem...

Any good post starts with a great throat clear, which I have yet to master.

Thanks, guys, for the kind words.

Together again,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2007, 12:53:42 PM »

Condileeza Rice sure got sliced up......jeesh!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2007, 01:17:28 PM »

Lets see...we had:

Outrage.  Check
Indignation.  Check
Anger.  Check
Disappointment. Check

Pretty much the response I expected...and the expected "distancing" from the decision by the Dems (and even some Repubs).

If I were Condi, I'd demand more money (and start wondering if GW makes these decisions, and then throws her in front of the firing squad, as some sort of sick joke).

Together again,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2007, 02:58:59 PM »

Lets see...we had:

Outrage.  Check
Indignation.  Check
Anger.  Check
Disappointment. Check

Pretty much the response I expected...and the expected "distancing" from the decision by the Dems (and even some Repubs).

If I were Condi, I'd demand more money (and start wondering if GW makes these decisions, and then throws her in front of the firing squad, as some sort of sick joke).

What are we referring to here? it sounds awesome and i want to know more!

Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »

lol today i blame it on ths stupid laptop keyboard. and my newfieness

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2007, 10:13:27 AM »

Lets see...we had:

Outrage.? Check
Indignation.? Check
Anger.? Check
Disappointment. Check

What are we referring to here? it sounds awesome and i want to know more!

Condi was before one of the Senate committees on Thursday, before her trip.  They weren't kind.

Together again,
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »

Did you guys hear about Condi plugging her boys at Fox news?Huh I thought that shit was hilarious....another example of a microphone malfunction.

Rice: "My Fox Guys, I Love Every One Of Them"

Following reports that Fox News Channel is the only cable news channel permitted to be switched on in the White House comes a report suggesting that it may also enjoy special status in the State Department, too. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was overheard remarking over an open microphone between interviews Thursday, "My Fox guys, I love every single one of them." Later, however, she remarked that she would like to do an interview with Harry Smith on CBS's The Early Show. "He's a decent guy. I know they are like 55 in the ratings, but I like him." It could not be determined what her ratings figure referred to.

O'Reilly probably got a special tingle when he heard that.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: