Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:34:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Congress convenes with Dems in power
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Congress convenes with Dems in power  (Read 20611 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 02:20:19 AM »

Lets see how Bush handles Iraq with 2 years left on his term and what Congress does as well.  He is already pissing EVERYONE off by adding more troops.

They tried that in Vietnam and it didn't work.

Word on the street is that Bush is anxious to do nothing and then hand the mess off to the next guy (probably a Dem) so they can take the heat instead.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 03:31:00 AM »

Great day for America!  ok

The new congress will get more done in one week then the do-nothing congress of the last 6 years did their entire term.

I hate to say this, but the reason congress did nothing was because Democrats refused to compromise as the minority. They were used to being in power and so when the Republicans took power they didn't know how to work with the majority "correctly."

American politics only work efficiently when there is compromise from both sides. Because the Republicans were a minority in Congress for so long they realized this and used it to their advantage quite well.

And of course the Dems are going to talk about compromising and how its "important" yadda yadda now that they are the majority. What were they doing the last couple of years as the minority? Not co-operating. And whats funny is, if this congress doesn't work so well they will make the Republicans out to be the bad guys and blame it all on them.

I'm not saying the Dems are evil and trying to ruin the system or anything. It's just that when you become used to having the majority, it must be hard to adjust to being the minority. It will be interesting to see how the Republicans act now.

We really need a politician who can bring the two sides closer, because this stuff is killing me. Or maybe a upstart more balanced 3rd party. That would be cool.. even if near impossible.

Lets see how Bush handles Iraq with 2 years left on his term and what Congress does as well.  He is already pissing EVERYONE off by adding more troops.

They tried that in Vietnam and it didn't work.

Word on the street is that Bush is anxious to do nothing and then hand the mess off to the next guy (probably a Dem) so they can take the heat instead.

You know.. I was thinking that just the other day while I was watching the news.. Pah-theh-tic! It's crazy.. theres no plan out.. and he's just gonna hold off until hes home free.   confused

gnrevolution.com
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 03:53:35 AM »

Good post Jack, I agree.  Bush is fucked no matter how Iraq turns out.  If Iraq goes on for 20 more years and is fucked up still, everyone will blame Bush even though 10 more Congresses and at least 3 more presidents are in office.  If all goes well, they'll still call him a fuck up and take credit elsewhere.

Bush isn't an evil man, has no malicios intent.  He thought we could waltz into Iraq and be looked on as Heroes.  That hasn't happened and now we have to pay the piper and fix it.  Even if this event becomes a major, positive catalyst for change in Iraq, certain people will never give Bush the credit for it.  Then again, being right for the wrong reasons makes you all that more wrong. 

I don't believe Bush is going to whipe his hands clean.  We have an new Secretary of Defense and a new Congress, some change will happen - how much is all in the air.  Some people here have been opining for years that we pull out immediately, but that would just create more chaos and unstability whcih we would inevitably have to combat later.  We can keep them unorgainzed and in hiding or we can hand them the keys to a regime of terrorism.

It's not a pretty picture and we never should have gone in.  But rather then waste time and energy living in the past and pointing fingers, we should look to how we can best secure America's future.  This is why I have no problem going over there and doing what I need to do to make sure America is safe as possible.  I really believe others want America to be hit again so they can gloat and feel vindicated.  These people don't care about you or I and are enemies of our freedom and posterity.  They know who they are.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 04:04:37 AM »

Some people here have been opining for years that we pull out immediately, but that would just create more chaos and unstability whcih we would inevitably have to combat later. 

From the mouth of babes....... Roll Eyes

I suppose we should listen to the same group of people who got us into this fucking mess in the first place huh? The same people who brought us: "WMD" and "Greet us as liberators" are supposed to be taken seriously at this point? You guys created a terror state,made us less safe, and accomplished nothing-except hand Iraq over to Iran, just like I said you would. Time to be quiet and let the grown up take charge.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 04:09:15 AM »

Some people here have been opining for years that we pull out immediately, but that would just create more chaos and unstability whcih we would inevitably have to combat later.

I suppose we should listen to the same group of people who got us into this fucking mess in the first place huh? The same people who brought us: "WMD" and "Greet us as liberators" are supposed to be taken seriously at this point? You guys created a terror state,made us less safe, and accomplished nothing-except hand Iraq over to Iran, just like I said you would. Time to be quiet and let the grown up take charge.

You mean like John Edwards, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton?  And don't worry your little head SLC.  Grownups like myself are willing to lay down our lives so you can sell real estate and run your mouth.  The kids room is down the hall at The Tinfoilhat Linux.  Your classmates miss you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 04:21:08 AM »

You mean like John Edwards, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton?  And don't worry your little head SLC.  Grownups like myself are willing to lay down our lives so you can sell real estate and run your mouth.  The kids room is down the hall at The Tinfoilhat Linux.  Your classmates miss you.

Bush was given the correct intel by the CIA, Bush ignored that, took the false info and lied to everybody. I keep telling you this, but you keep ignoring it. The CIA has been interviewed several times on this story, it was all over the news months ago. It's not a case of "bad intel" as you would like to pretend, just as it is not "Saddam kicked the inspectors out" as you guys still repeat to this day. All of the lies have been outed, and it's all out in the open now. Now (just like I said years ago) oil corporations are lining up to get their hands on a post Saddam Iraq.

Suckers.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 04:24:28 AM »

Grownups like myself are willing to lay down our lives so you can sell real estate and run your mouth. 

Why do you keep bringing up what I do for a living? How is it relevant to this discussion?
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »

ok so.... we ahve estalished that slc here sells houses.... again...... and because gnr here wants to die... slc can do it........ lol

i should explain that last part a little better as it may be construed that im anti troops, to the contray im very supportive of the troops. However in the modren world, wars are fought and won not just on the battlefield but in the news, no tv, in schools on the streets. one such as gnr whose ability to walk through a forset and not see one tree lends greatly to the arguement of his own short sightedness.  If he was capable of truely seeing from an alterate prespective, then perhaps I may be able to say there goes a true patroit serving his country willing to let his blood spring forth and help grow a new and better future. Alas all i see is a boy who uses the uniform of so many who came before him, ones whose great deeds shall echo for decades to come, and sully that uniform with his words against others who dont share his vision. Words againist the very essence of what made the US great, and that simple thin is all the different viewpoint and ideals that exist thanks to so many that have died long ago.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 02:55:52 PM »

Grownups like myself are willing to lay down our lives so you can sell real estate and run your mouth. 

What are you protecting us from right now?

Iraqi goat farmers and cheap gas?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 03:46:56 PM »

Again, you have never and will never proove it was a lie.? A lie implies intentional deceit.? But for intellectual purposes, lets say that Bush did take advantage of the emotional state.? Should we excuse Congressman who we elect to be professional, research the issue and be above reactionary measures?? Any prudent person will say no.? But admitting that your party screwed the pooch as much as anyone else hurts your position.? You choose to be an emotional reactionary rather than an objective thinker.? Everything about your posts, from ideas to pictures, indicates this.? You're just as quick to cater to emotion and what's popular as the created, deceitful President you point fingers at.

You still haven't responded to that question?  Does that hurt your agenda to claim Democrats were innocent babies and have the sollution for peace and prosperity.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 04:09:12 PM »

You still haven't responded to that question?  Does that hurt your agenda to claim Democrats were innocent babies and have the sollution for peace and prosperity.

I sure did, go back and read, or chose to ignore it like always.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 04:44:11 PM »

No you didn't.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2007, 04:45:01 PM »

No you didn't.

Bush was given the correct intel by the CIA, Bush ignored that, took the false info and lied to everybody. I keep telling you this, but you keep ignoring it. The CIA has been interviewed several times on this story, it was all over the news months ago. It's not a case of "bad intel" as you would like to pretend, just as it is not "Saddam kicked the inspectors out" as you guys still repeat to this day. All of the lies have been outed, and it's all out in the open now. Now (just like I said years ago) oil corporations are lining up to get their hands on a post Saddam Iraq.

Suckers.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »

No you didn't.

You mean like John Edwards, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton?? And don't worry your little head SLC.? Grownups like myself are willing to lay down our lives so you can sell real estate and run your mouth.? The kids room is down the hall at The Tinfoilhat Linux.? Your classmates miss you.

Suckers.

Again, that doesn't answer my question.? You're avoiding it by bringing up something else.? I said : "Should we excuse Congressman who we elect to be professional, research the issue and be above reactionary measures?"

You avoid that and say Bush lied.  Even if he did, how does that answer my question.  And quit using 9/11 as an excuse for the vote.  The "emotional" factor was long over before we invaded Iraq.  Were people still hurt and upset, but they had almost 18 months to research it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 05:11:11 PM by Guns N RockMusic » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 06:15:53 PM »

Your question is messy, please rephrase it.

You don't seem to "get it" dude. Like all the others who have come and gone before you, you either are too dumb, or (more than likely) ignore the point and press on.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2007, 08:44:40 PM »

? Grownups like myself are willing to lay down our lives so you can sell real estate and run your mouth.?

Why do you keep bringing up what I do for a living? How is it relevant to this discussion?

DUH, i mean, like, its TOTALLY relevant.  If your'e not in the US armed forces you are not an American, you have less of a say then those fighting and you are practically useless to this country.  Dont' you know that!!?!!?!    Roll Eyes

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2007, 08:47:22 PM »

You mean like John Edwards, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton??

HAHAHAH GIve me a BREAK!  You can't be this dumb can you?  We were all duped by this.  Bush and his cronies had created total fear in the country and in the government.  To dissent against bush and his war was to be unpatriotic and anti-american.  If you didn't support getting "the people who helped osama in 9-11" then you didn't care that 9-11 happened. It was a climate of fear created to gain support for a BS war and to ridicule anone who dared speak out against those in charge.

This is Bush and the neo-cons war.  Nobody elses. 

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2007, 08:48:39 PM »

However in the modren world, wars are fought and won not just on the battlefield but in the news, no tv, in schools on the streets. one such as gnr whose ability to walk through a forset and not see one tree lends greatly to the arguement of his own short sightedness.? If he was capable of truely seeing from an alterate prespective, then perhaps I may be able to say there goes a true patroit serving his country willing to let his blood spring forth and help grow a new and better future. Alas all i see is a boy who uses the uniform of so many who came before him, ones whose great deeds shall echo for decades to come, and sully that uniform with his words against others who dont share his vision. Words againist the very essence of what made the US great, and that simple thin is all the different viewpoint and ideals that exist thanks to so many that have died long ago.

Excellent post.  I couldn't agree more.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2007, 09:15:36 PM »

I hate to say this, but the reason congress did nothing was because Democrats refused to compromise as the minority. They were used to being in power and so when the Republicans took power they didn't know how to work with the majority "correctly."

Jack, from everything I've read, seen, heard in the past couple of years it was the exact opposite.  The dems were almost completely shut out of the political process by the repubs.

I don't think the majority can blame not getting anything done on the minority.  They were the majority in the house and the senate and they had their guy as the president!  What else more did they need?

When Clinton lost his majority, he worked with the repubs to get things done.  Bush has never done anything even close to that.  its always been his way or no way.  look at how he wants to add more troops now when NOBODY is saying we should.  Yet he is completely ignoring his new congress and the american people.

In terms of working together, bush has done nothing to suggest he is going to do so.  In terms of the new congress, i'm not saying they are going to change the world, but in comparison to the repub congress of the last 6 years, i would bet they get a hell of a lot more done.  Not to mention I doubt we'll see any dem names in big name scandals (foley, cunningham, etc....)

SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2007, 11:11:15 PM »

HAHAHAH GIve me a BREAK!  You can't be this dumb can you?  We were all duped by this.  Bush and his cronies had created total fear in the country and in the government.  To dissent against bush and his war was to be unpatriotic and anti-american.  If you didn't support getting "the people who helped osama in 9-11" then you didn't care that 9-11 happened. It was a climate of fear created to gain support for a BS war and to ridicule anone who dared speak out against those in charge.

This is Bush and the neo-cons war.  Nobody elses. 

Exactly my point. Bush presented what he knew was bogus intel to everybody as fact. The theory the right likes to use is that "They all had the same intel", which of course is false. Bush provided bogus "intel" as fact-he created the lie of the imminent "threat." Flagg insists that I am changing the subject, but it is clearly going over his head (no surprise there.)

I don't even need to touch on the time period in which it took place, where propaganda, paranoia, and name calling were the norm (just read any thread I posted on back during that time) to anybody who said "this is wrong." The media, in the stranglehold of corporate Amerikkka,was unable to ask the question "Do we have the correct intel here?". They just beat the war drum, created the sound bites, and packaged the war like a coming attraction-it was absolutely atrocious, and they are just as guilty as our liar -n-chief as far as I'm concerned.

You may also want to keep a close eye on the "Downing street memos" which will probably be experiencing a resurrection this year. Notice that Miers resigned -I'd put money down that Bush is assembling his defense (as they are already refusing to hand over various memos already) for the upcoming investigations. I can't wait to see what happens.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:27:31 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: