Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:08:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Should Mahmoud Ahmadinejad be allowed to vist ground zero in NYC?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Mahmoud Ahmadinejad be allowed to vist ground zero in NYC?  (Read 22551 times)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2007, 10:44:39 PM »

Simply put, the president of Columbia University should have been tasered.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2007, 10:51:51 PM »

And you know this because?

Because I watched his speech today.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »

Interesting your take on it all.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2007, 12:19:31 AM »

Did you know that there are no gays in Iran and women there are the most free in the world? Also, we should do more research on the Holocaust because we really need to figure out what actually happened.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2007, 12:51:33 AM »

Sen. Joseph Lieberman, I-Conn., said he thought Columbia's invitation to Ahmadinejad was a mistake "because he comes literally with blood on his hands."

Joseph Liebeman isnt very bright.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2007, 02:30:11 AM »

Simply put, the president of Columbia University should have been tasered.

ahah, that was a good one.
anyway. we can discuss content and i would agree on some things with you all, but i still think insulting a official person like that was out of line .. waaaaayyy outta line. and the President of Columbia made a fool of himself. I dare hime call Putin a dictator to his face ....

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2007, 08:00:12 AM »

I agree with nothing Ahmadinejad said. But, it is in very poor taste when you invite someone to speak, even as controversial  as Ahmadinejad is, and berate him in the introduction as Bollinger did. It is a free country and people have the right to speak, even the President of Iran.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2007, 08:10:06 AM »

Sen. Joseph Lieberman, I-Conn., said he thought Columbia's invitation to Ahmadinejad was a mistake "because he comes literally with blood on his hands."

I believe Sen. Lieberman was referring to the fact that the weaponry (Missles and Mortars) that were fired into Israel last year were produced by Iran. ?It is also when ahmadinejad said that Isreal should be destroyed. ?Israel went on to pound Lebanon and keep control in Palestine at the same time while threatening Syria and letting Iran know that they were on notice. ?It was real ugly but what Israel wanted was the Lebanese Army to gaurd their border and stop rogue syrian and iranian backed insurgents from arming Palestinian rogue groups and to stop the same group from plotting and firing rockets into Israel. ?That's where the blood on his hand comment came from, not that ahmadinejad had anything to do with the Holocaust.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2007, 08:16:50 AM »

I believe Sen. Lieberman was referring to the fact that the weaponry (Missles and Mortars) that were fired into Israel last year were produced by Iran. ?It is also when ahmadinejad said that Isreal should be destroyed. ?Israel went on to pound Lebanon and keep control in Palestine at the same time while threatening Syria and letting Iran know that they were on notice. ?It was real ugly but what Israel wanted was the Lebanese Army to gaurd their border and stop rogue syrian and iranian backed insurgents from arming Palestinian rogue groups and to stop the same group from plotting and firing rockets into Israel. ?That's where the blood on his hand comment came from, not that ahmadinejad had anything to do with the Holocaust.

We're discussing the origins of mortars fired into Israel?
Do we discuss the origin of missiles fired BY israel ? Or the origin of the israeli planes that fly over Syrian airspace?
Oh wait, israeli boast about it ....

So we are labeling as evil the entity (iran?) which back palestinian insurgents ....
Now we have an entity that occupy soil illegaly and kill civilian officialy ... do we label them as evil?

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2007, 08:49:16 AM »

That's called "war".

It has set of "rules" all of it own.........well, at least it used to, until the nazis decided to break some of the rules, and turned it into a whole different ball game.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2007, 09:30:57 AM »

I believe Sen. Lieberman was referring to the fact that the weaponry (Missles and Mortars) that were fired into Israel last year were produced by Iran.  It is also when ahmadinejad said that Isreal should be destroyed.  Israel went on to pound Lebanon and keep control in Palestine at the same time while threatening Syria and letting Iran know that they were on notice.  It was real ugly but what Israel wanted was the Lebanese Army to gaurd their border and stop rogue syrian and iranian backed insurgents from arming Palestinian rogue groups and to stop the same group from plotting and firing rockets into Israel.  That's where the blood on his hand comment came from, not that ahmadinejad had anything to do with the Holocaust.

I was referring to his use of "literally." 
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2007, 09:34:14 AM »

It is a free country and people have the right to speak, even the President of Iran.

Who stopped him? 
GeraldFord
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »

New question:

Who has more blood on his hand's, this guy, or Bush?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2007, 09:42:32 AM »

New question:

Who has more blood on his hand's, this guy, or Bush?

That is a red herring.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2007, 09:50:16 AM »

Maybe the President of Columbia (Bollinger)was trying to get ahmadinejad to show his true colors by challenging his past statements and the fact that the Iranian people are still being treated cruel by their government and have to enjoy "western" music and other things underground. ?Maybe Bollinger was trying to cast aside the goodwill propaganda tour of ahmadinejad? ?Or maybe He was just questioning hard instead of the swarmy like "western" media? ?Either way the students can make a judgement either for or against what ahmadinejad stands for and be educated at what goes on somewhere else. ?Maybe it will enlighten some to investigate other world leaders more. ?The Iranian President isn't a light weight he should be able to handle questions that are justified when an acceptance to an invitation is made.

? ?In my view, Ahmadinejad's reason for going to Columbia was to show up and expect to be treated like a rockstar and that everyone would be happy to see him because in his view everyone hates President Bush. ?No worries about Iran everything is great but all the worlds problems are because of President Bush.
 ? For Americans:Nothing for Nothing If you like Pres. Bush or not, liberal or conservative, we all live under one flag and we're united as citizens and live pretty well as we sit behind our PC screens. ?Some live better than other yet are the biggest complainers. ?I'm not of the belief that one party isn't patriotic more than the other, but that of different ideologies. ?Our armed forces are not all conservative republican but a mix of all including races and religions as I know this first hand. ?The Iranian President is an arrogant ass that is really taunting when pretending to extend an olive branch under the guise of being curious and itellectually wanting. ?That's his answer to questioning? ?He does it to all nations that aren't of his thought. ?If he wants to express his thoughts on our soil, then he should expect a reaction accordingly. ?For those who say he should have been treated like the Pope sorry. ?Where was the outrage when President Bush is insulted, protetested and threatened when invited to another nation? ?There is none. ?When there is a group of President's and P.M.'s ?in one location, the American one is protested. ?I take it as anti-American more than anti-Bush in alot of those cases.
 ? ?The pictures taken of ahmadinejad showed the anti-western views. ?He scowled and didn't smile and wave like in so many previous media interviews or public outings. ?He didn't like being questioned period. ?How dare an infidel question me. ?He expected a Bush bashing and anti western atmosphere and wasn't happy when it didn't go his way. ?We'll have to wait and see how his speech and rhetoric sounds after the visit to Columbia Univ.
 ? Maybe he should have visited another American University that has a bigger non-American student population that sympathize with his view of the world.  That's another issue that is troubling...

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2007, 09:56:31 AM »

I believe Sen. Lieberman was referring to the fact that the weaponry (Missles and Mortars) that were fired into Israel last year were produced by Iran.? It is also when ahmadinejad said that Isreal should be destroyed.? Israel went on to pound Lebanon and keep control in Palestine at the same time while threatening Syria and letting Iran know that they were on notice.? It was real ugly but what Israel wanted was the Lebanese Army to gaurd their border and stop rogue syrian and iranian backed insurgents from arming Palestinian rogue groups and to stop the same group from plotting and firing rockets into Israel.? That's where the blood on his hand comment came from, not that ahmadinejad had anything to do with the Holocaust.

I was referring to his use of "literally."?
Ok sorry and never mind.? I thought you were referring to "blood on his hands" not the "literally".? I don't believe he is washing blood off his hands.

JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »

Do we discuss the origin of missiles fired BY israel ? Or the origin of the israeli planes that fly over Syrian airspace?

So we are labeling as evil the entity (iran?) which back palestinian insurgents ....
Now we have an entity that occupy soil illegaly and kill civilian officialy ... do we label them as evil?
No I was just explaining a chain of events that maybe would explain the post better.? It wasn't meant to stray off into another topic or debate any anti this or that.? I didn't intend for this to show anyone's true colors.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2007, 10:24:20 AM »

Some countries like Iran are still learning the ways and mannerisms of Western countries.

The country has a way and culture far removed from Americas.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2007, 11:53:54 AM »

No I was just explaining a chain of events that maybe would explain the post better.? It wasn't meant to stray off into another topic or debate any anti this or that.? I didn't intend for this to show anyone's true colors.

fair enough, sorry

now for peace, i have uploaded an amazing Iranian film (dvd quality )
THE TASTE OF THE CHERRY (palme d'or at cannes 1997)

if you havent seen it and want to watch a very good movie here is the link (need the divxwebplayer movie)

>>> http://stage6.divx.com/user/leeharveyoswald/video/1669954/cerise

(try not to post the link in other places so it doesnt get deleted)

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2007, 02:19:48 PM »

It is a free country and people have the right to speak, even the President of Iran.

Who stopped him? 

No one stopped him, but some were trying to. Which makes no sense to me.

I think his Columbia speech reinforced a lot of the sinister qualities about this guy.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: