Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:46:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  How Do You Ask Out A Co-Worker?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Do You Ask Out A Co-Worker?  (Read 23679 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 02:10:28 AM »

Based on what I've learned in other threads, you should either completely avoid saying horrible things like "hello" to her, and it would help if you gave up masturbation.

Or you could just man up and ask.

The best advice, really, is to avoid any advice from SinCut or Norway.  hihi  They'll have you insulting her in no time.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 02:23:16 AM »

The most important question has not been asked yet.

Is she hot?
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 04:03:33 AM »

The most important question has not been asked yet.

Is she hot?

Very

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 04:19:03 AM »

on a side note, judging by your facebook link are u in johns hopkins?

on topic, it depends on where you work and how serious is your work imo. For example i would never ask anyone out in my current position.

if its only a part time job and you got nothing to lose go on and ask her out  ok

homo homini lupus...
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 04:23:14 AM »

Based on what I've learned in other threads, you should either completely avoid saying horrible things like "hello" to her, and it would help if you gave up masturbation.

The best advice, really, is to avoid any advice from SinCut or Norway.  hihi  They'll have you insulting her in no time.

Only if she's a whale Smiley

Seriously the only problem I've had with having a relationship with a co-worker was when it just didn't work out. Good thing she was an adult about it and didn't go for some vendetta.

So just go for it.

It would help if you only got one arm tho.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 04:30:40 AM »

on a side note, judging by your facebook link are u in johns hopkins?

on topic, it depends on where you work and how serious is your work imo. For example i would never ask anyone out in my current position.

if its only a part time job and you got nothing to lose go on and ask her out  ok

No I go to the University of Maryland.

And we're only servers part time, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's not something I'm willing to risk my job for at all.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 06:30:51 AM »

rofl

You forgot to say that if she says no and becomes a rival it would be a-ok to use a battle axe after torching her home.

Seriously. taking advice from us is just well.....sometimes not smart!
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 06:47:24 AM »

rofl

You forgot to say that if she says no and becomes a rival it would be a-ok to use a battle axe after torching her home.

Seriously. taking advice from us is just well.....sometimes not smart!

also, beware of norway if she's fair haired and eyed.  hihi

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 07:12:08 PM »

How would u lose your job? I worked at a place once where they discouraged co worker dating but fuck that. She could be someone really special or a really great Friend with benefits.

If it doesn't work out, be nice about it and like I said, worse comes to worse, maybe you make a friend out of her and maybe she will have some girlfriends etc.

the situation is full of win with little risk of failure.

if she says no, suck it up and keep working. no reason to be embarrassed or let it ruin your job.

Fuck it, do the toe in the water routine at first. Just hint to her and ask stuff like what she is doing after work and all that cliched kind of shit.

she may decide to hang out with u after work and then take it from there.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 10:22:33 PM »

you don't shit where you eat.

just sayin Smiley

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2009, 11:08:49 PM »

I like D's idea...very similar to that Seinfeld where the guy asks Elaine out, but never really asks her out.  Just do stuff and don't call it a date.  Classic stuff.

Easy for me to say now as an old married guy...at your age I would have been sweatin' my balls off nervous as hell!
 hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 12:46:24 AM »

you don't shit where you eat.

just sayin Smiley

haha that's my Dad's fav saying.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 01:02:26 AM »

I don't think asking out a  co worker is shitting where u eat. especially if its a part time something that isn't a career or what have you.

If u ask her out and she says no, as long as u don't bug or harrass her, things should go back to normal. I don't think a girl is gonna shrivel up and die just because a guy asks her out. if she says no, just be cool about it and hope she doesn't freak out like Annie *Sorry Annie hihi* everytime u say hi or pass her by.

my personality is different maybe though, I have always been able to pull shit off and not be embarrassed by it. If u think u would feel awkward, then don't. if u are like me though and can put it aside and still be yourself and friendly, go for it.

think about this:

what is the difference in asking out a girl from work as opposed to a girl u have class with?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 01:30:37 AM »

completely agree here.. I wouldn't take it so seriously and just see what happens...

I don't think asking out a  co worker is shitting where u eat. especially if its a part time something that isn't a career or what have you.

If u ask her out and she says no, as long as u don't bug or harrass her, things should go back to normal. I don't think a girl is gonna shrivel up and die just because a guy asks her out. if she says no, just be cool about it and hope she doesn't freak out like Annie *Sorry Annie hihi* everytime u say hi or pass her by.

my personality is different maybe though, I have always been able to pull shit off and not be embarrassed by it. If u think u would feel awkward, then don't. if u are like me though and can put it aside and still be yourself and friendly, go for it.

think about this:

what is the difference in asking out a girl from work as opposed to a girl u have class with?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Annie
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 08:32:56 AM »

think about this:

This guy is cute and not a creep, so I say go for it! hihi One of the reasons we get part time jobs in college is to meet people!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 09:31:49 AM by Annie » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 09:32:12 AM »

Buttttttttttttttttt, you have to be sure it's going to be OK if she says no.  Does she have other girlfriends or friends that work there that will cackle at you if she doesn't like your advance? 

Maybe you boys would not be embarrassed at that but some would. 

Young girls/women/whatever can be evil. 

I had this part time job when I was a teen in a video store and a customer took a liking to me.  I think I was 19 at the time and he was in his 20's.  He started having roses sent to the store for me every week and all I found it was creepy. 

You have to be careful about how you come off, especially in the workplace-PT job or not.

All I am saying is try to be fairly certain before you make any beyond friendship moves that she is interested.  It's not like you can just walk away and not see her again if she turns you down--you will be working in a constant reminder of that.
Annie
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009, 09:37:01 AM »

Buttttttttttttttttt, you have to be sure it's going to be OK if she says no.  Does she have other girlfriends or friends that work there that will cackle at you if she doesn't like your advance? 

Maybe you boys would not be embarrassed at that but some would. 

Young girls/women/whatever can be evil. 

I had this part time job when I was a teen in a video store and a customer took a liking to me.  I think I was 19 at the time and he was in his 20's.  He started having roses sent to the store for me every week and all I found it was creepy. 

You have to be careful about how you come off, especially in the workplace-PT job or not.

All I am saying is try to be fairly certain before you make any beyond friendship moves that she is interested.  It's not like you can just walk away and not see her again if she turns you down--you will be working in a constant reminder of that.
That is excellent advice. When I was younger I dated a few  medical students. They were mostly positive experiences that had no negative effect at my job.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 09:42:49 AM »

The good thing is that you bounce back so much easier when you are younger----sigh! How I miss those days! Wink
Annie
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 09:45:16 AM »

The good thing is that you bounce back so much easier when you are younger----sigh! How I miss those days! Wink
So true. What I really miss about high school and college was that I had enough natural intelligence to get by without working that hard. I REALLY miss that.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2009, 11:00:03 AM »

I think you should use the angler fish approach.

What you choose to "dangle" as a lure...well, that's up to you.  Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: