Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:28:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Merck and Axl
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Merck and Axl  (Read 69279 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2006, 08:36:02 AM »

This is more like it! This should keep the negative people that hang around here like a wart on your fucking finger away for a while. It's a shame that Merck and Axl have had to to do this because of certain whingers but I salute them for doing so and once again it shows why they are so well thought of by the people that really care! Mike

madagas
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2006, 08:36:47 AM »

Coma, those update discussion threads are a MESS. Really, all I do now is come the next day and check the setlist-real simple and clean. Any significant things will be put in the setlist/note section on the main page. The rest is just useless chatter. If somebody I respect on the board goes to the show, I will check their review. ?ok
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2006, 08:38:05 AM »

That is an awesome gesture from Axl and Merck, I just hope we can try and fill this board with more positivity. After all, this is the best time to be a Guns fan in years, and still people bitch and moan, It's unbelievable!

Thanks Axl, good luck for the rest of the tour!  peace

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2006, 08:40:45 AM »

Why this thread is only 7 pages long? When bad things happen, hundreds of people can speculate & whine all around here and extend threads to dozens of pages.

But only around 100+ of us can be really thankful for Axl speaking to us himself.

Merck you're the man! Thanks for taking your time to communicate with us ?Smiley

Have you ever guys thought over Merck's statement, that he does belive in fans (if not, go to the Pollstar and find CIC 2005 key-note)?

It's all about G N'R enthusiasts. If it wasn't all about us - real fans - making the music, playing live gigs wouldn't have sense - it would be something like making "art for art's sake".
This is also us who bring back the intrest into the band to the casual people/fans - the best example is Jarmo's work, which he constantly does for 10 years now and how this site exists in the net.
So do not spoil someone's "faith, focus and determination" ( to use Merck's quote again ?Smiley )

Axl & Merck are in the music business more than 20 years now, so they know what they do. They surely don't need some of your "home-bread managers & promoters" advices how to act for this band - just rely on their experience.

In the mean time go to the concerts if the band is playing somewhere around your town ?ok & patiently wait for the CD coming out ?peace

G N'R: best wishes for the rest of the tour! ?love

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2006, 08:46:27 AM »

Awesome!  Grin Big thanks to Axl, Merck, Jarmo and everyone else!  ok

Nothing better than to come home from school and get good news!

GnR rules!  peace
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2006, 08:47:11 AM »

Thank you Axl, thank you Merck, and thank you Jarmo  peace
slash433
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2006, 08:51:17 AM »

hi all just read the new statement from axl and merck, and thanks for trying to clear shit up, thanks for taking the time, but the one thing that doesnt make sense at all, you the band obviously keep an eye out on these forums to see what people are saying, thats fair enough so would i.

The one thing you the band could do to shut up all the negativity is give us some fucking info on the album, thats why were all here and im sure every member here and at every other forum would back that up.  Can you imagine how the positivity on these boards would explode on these forums if we had info on chinese democracy come straight from the band itself, and i for one have a lot of mates aregnr fans that dont have computers so they usually get the info directly from me.

I for one cant wait for new material from the this band, fuck ive been waiting since the illusion days and been a fan since the appetite days so come on guys enough is enough its time for you the band to give us some info on the album whether its a release date setlist or message from axl comcerning it, and you would see these boards turn around with positivity and a much needed new respect between band and its fans.  And let the fans do some promotion too by telling all their friends about it.

i expect this to be deleted because this board censors everything but i hope not and i hope the band sees it, come guys its time to get the album out give us some info and watch the boards explode
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2006, 08:52:24 AM »

Nice, cheers for that G'n'R - have a few beers and rock the rest of the tour

beer
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2006, 08:53:45 AM »

Nice nice thank you. Cheesy

And sorry - but how do fans' uncensored views and opinions create "chaos and confusion?"

It happens when some of the posters state their opinions, speculations and hearsays as facts and when the lurkers esp the writers of magazines, webzines and media are not educated enough (or for whatever reasons) to distinguish fact from fiction. And that happened many many times.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2006, 08:53:52 AM »

Real classy, a message to the band with a bunch of swears and demands.  ok

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2006, 08:54:34 AM »

Thanks to the whole GNR camp for the statement.  ok

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2006, 08:55:11 AM »

Thanks to Jarmo and Beta for alerting management that a Battle Royal was brewing.

Thanks to Merck and Axl for taking some time to clear this up.

I think this statement was all the 'real' fans were looking for.

Can't friggen wait for 11/24!
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2006, 09:00:03 AM »

That's cool. Thanks for posting Jarmo (and Merck).  ok 
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2006, 09:01:49 AM »

While I'm happy that Merck/Axl took the time to communicate directly with us, it's almost embarrassing that they felt the need to come here to explain matters. It tells me the haters here really pissed them off. We've never been addressed specifically, and it sucks it had to be done on a subject like this. Maybe they'll come back again and we can talk about more positive matters (release date?) instead of having to correct lies. Maybe Jarmo can pass this along and it could be the start of some better communication, from the band and more importantly from us.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2006, 09:04:09 AM »

just hearing axl say a new future with a new album makes me happy yes Grin
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2006, 09:12:18 AM »

I think this really means a lot, for all of us fans who come here everyday and try to keep up with our fave band, and see that they really care about us, and about our thoughts... But this also means that they are a bit afraid of all this negativity that has been around here lately... cos they know how powerful internet and this board can be... they know that everywhere around the globe u can check the net and read some thread called "I?m tired of waiting. CD will never come out" or stuff like that, and u end up having little and little patience day by day.... but they also know that by coming here and "talking" to us, that we fans, although very surprised, we will be very happy with the concern... Now, one last thing.... all this negativity didnt start from nothing.... it comes from this long, long waiting (and many of u are waiting for much longer than me so I shouldnt even complain), and basically, from no news whatsoever about CD... and it sure is very important on all of this...

but anyway, thanks for the concern ok
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:13:55 AM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2006, 09:12:26 AM »

Looking forward to Chicago, Axl!!!!!   beer

Damn Right. 

I'd like to personally thank Axl and his Management for taking 10 minutes to give us a brief explanation. 

Chicago will be a blast!!

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2006, 09:12:37 AM »

just hearing axl say a new future with a new album makes me happy yes Grin

Right on bro! That put a smile on my face too! ?Smiley

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2006, 09:15:21 AM »

That?s pretty freakin cool we got a message direct. Thanks!

I was concerned Baltimore would be canceled due to low ticket sales, but apparently the situation in Maine had nothing to do with that. Good news!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Z
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2006, 09:20:40 AM »

Even though I've been 95% POSITIVE regarding GNR, I still had that little bit (5%) of doubt about where they were as a unit from the band down to management. ?The tour as a whole and the pending release of CD.

That 5% of doubt is now gone.

Thank you Merck, thank you Axl and, again, thank you Beta for stoppin' by and setting things straight.

Beta, I love your attitude. ?You rock! ?You're like the 11th member of GNR (Merck being the 10th).

I work every fucking day with power trip people so I do understand what you guys went through.

Rock on and fuck the Draconians ?ok

See you all at MSG!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to say:  Sorry jarmo for not thinking of you...........thank you for hanging in there all these years, always keeping the faith. which has earned you this direct link to the band!!!!  In my book you would be the 12th member of GNR.  Cheers and well done.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:26:43 AM by Z » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: