Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Merck and Axl
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Merck and Axl  (Read 69268 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2006, 11:11:49 AM »

See, all we needed was a little communication....Extremely glad to see this raise spirits around here
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2006, 11:14:01 AM »

Awesome, very good of them to give out a message like that.

90% of the guys n gals on these boards beleive in the band and are fully behind them.

To the idiots that are quite frankly very very very sad individuals, have you nothing better to do with your life than come onto a fourm of a band you do not give a fuck about and slag them off? you wana take a long look at yourself, seriously! strange people.

Ive seen gnr 3 times in europe, the band was awesome. Keep doing what your doing AND release that fuckin album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2006, 11:15:06 AM »

That was cool of them to address the fans like that and dispel some of the speculation/rumors that people were having.  Thumbs up to Axl, GNR and managment.  ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2006, 11:29:41 AM »

Folks, I've been a GN'R fan from the beginning (87), and I've never found any reason to get pissed at them.  Occasionally, I've been disappointed at how things have played out (the split), but even then, I've known that these are men who do what is in their best interest and the best interest of their fans.  I call today an all-time high for being a GN'R-head.  To have a band that cares enough to actually make direct contact with those of us on the board, just to explain things that they don't have to explain...well, that's pretty special in today's world, don't you think?  Thank you Axl.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2006, 11:33:16 AM »

Awesome, very good of them to give out a message like that.

90% of the guys n gals on these boards beleive in the band and are fully behind them.

To the idiots that are quite frankly very very very sad individuals, have you nothing better to do with your life than come onto a fourm of a band you do not give a fuck about and slag them off? you wana take a long look at yourself, seriously! strange people.

Ive seen gnr 3 times in europe, the band was awesome. Keep doing what your doing AND release that fuckin album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People arn't as lucky as you are, the maine show might have been their one chance to see GNR, personnally i'd be pissed aswell. I was pissed when Axl left during nightrain at Wembley. People slag off Axl due to frustration. No-one comes here (and stays here) to purely slag off the band, they come to express there opinions, also as corpus said whats wrong with constructive critism.

I can't see how the harley ad is false information, a big company like harley wouldn't just claim to have a song from Chinese Democracy with no intention of playing it again.
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2006, 11:36:20 AM »

Thank you Axl and Mr. Merck for explaining in such detail about what happened in Portland.

At first when I started reading the message I sort of gotten the impression that Axl, Merck, and all the bands were blaming the fans for making up rumors and shit. But it is not us.

I just wanted to say that we the fans and if I may, speak for everyone, when I say we get confused and brainwashed about this type of shit, ie, cancelling shows, tours, being late..etc... because of all the media, bad journalist who love to trash GN'R and all the propaganda!

I am glad to know that the GN'R team do not hold us fans responsible. And I am happy that you have taken the time to contact us to set the record straight!!

Rock the fuck on!!!!

Peace
~S~

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
ScottishGunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2006, 11:38:47 AM »

I think it's pretty damm cool that Merck, Beta& Axl took time out to clear up the situation.

you can't imagine, for exaple, on a sports forum, the clubs manager comming on clearing up any situations - if you get what i mean.

And it's good to see their being honest with the fans.

now... abut that album ........? ok

BTW Totally agree about the smoking issue in Oslo, weve got a smoking ban here in Scotland, and coupled with a raging hot areana in the Summer and 5 dollar a pint beers, you really want a smoke.

It's a Gn'R gig not a church picnic  smoking
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2006, 11:40:51 AM »

awesome post...I just made my g/f read it to make HER understand why GN'R cancelled.  This band is looking more and more promising as the days go on....
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2006, 11:49:36 AM »

I'm sure if we knew about all the "legal" issues going on with the prior cancellations we would change our mind on how the band is handling those situations.  I know there was thousands of dollars worth of stuff in the arena (soundboard, chairs, stage set-up, etc.) destroyed in Philly, so I'm sure thats a big part of it.
Death Cube K
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2006, 11:52:35 AM »

I'm sure if we knew about all the "legal" issues going on with the prior cancellations we would change our mind on how the band is handling those situations.  I know there was thousands of dollars worth of stuff in the arena (soundboard, chairs, stage set-up, etc.) destroyed in Philly, so I'm sure thats a big part of it.

Of course. Maybe other bands would have played, but GNR has a history of riots and bad shit happening. They just wanted to be cautious and not risk anything happening again. They saw a potential disaster and backed out for the good of everyone. I cant say I blame them for it, knowing the history of St Lous, Philly or Vancouver.
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2006, 11:57:21 AM »

Thanks for posting Merck and Axl.  Can't fuckin wait until Winnipeg Dec 4th. 
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2006, 12:04:04 PM »

Like many others here on the board, I also would like to thank everyone involved in making the real truth be known.  I am hoping that those of you on the board who are not team players have learned something, or will be moving on to display your acts of immaturity somewhere else, so that those of us who are truley fans of this great band can enjoy this as intended to be.

Thanks Again
Msaxl43

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2006, 12:12:31 PM »

you can't imagine, for exaple, on a sports forum, the clubs manager comming on clearing up any situations - if you get what i mean.

No they just use the official website.....

Look I think its great that they actually responded.  However, considering that they have never done this before, don't you ask yourself why they did it this time??  I do hope that this is a continuing trend though because then I will be less skeptical of releases like this. 

And you know what, once again they are talking about people who weren't at the shows who are the ones complaining.  I'd like to point out that once again I was at the Nov 5th Continental show and I gave an honest review and it was removed.  I can scan my ticket if you don't believe me.  So stop trying to make it like its only people who didn't attend the shows who are posting negative reviews and negative comments.  Sorry if Merck, Axl, whoever did not like what I and some others had to say. 

To Jarmo who always said that if the band put out press releases us 'Axl haters' would complain about it.... I am not complaining about the press release.  It is much appreciated by myself and I am sure many of the other 'Axl haters' on this board.  And I am sure that took a grand total of an hour to 2 hours to type up.  It isn't that difficult. 
daubs
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2006, 12:18:27 PM »

the thing about whiners is even if there are only a few of them, they post ALOT. which makes it seem like there are more than there really are. i think it was accurate when somebody said 90% of the people on here arent whiners.
Corpus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2006, 12:20:44 PM »

the thing about whiners is even if there are only a few of them, they post ALOT. which makes it seem like there are more than there really are. i think it was accurate when somebody said 90% of the people on here arent whiners.

and where do you get those numbers from?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2006, 12:26:36 PM »

yeah it might be like 98 percent ok
forgotaboutsteve
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2006, 12:28:19 PM »

it's like that in all businesses...if someone has a good experience they will maybe tell one or two people, but if someone has a bad experience with a product they will tell 10 or more people and make sure to not let anyone forget.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2006, 12:32:57 PM »

thanks for posting jarmo...some people obiviously wanted to hear more but at least it's a statement form both mouths...and the album is mentioned.

i mean not much they could do...it's obvioust the city didn't want them there Undecided

Chief
Legend

« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2006, 12:35:21 PM »

This is awesome!!!!! Thank you so much for posting this and for the post Merck and Axl!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
axlRalph
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2006, 12:43:58 PM »

Thanks Jarmo, Merck and AXL,

Looking forward to MSG !!!!!!!! ok
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: