Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:59:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Merck and Axl
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Merck and Axl  (Read 69279 times)
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #280 on: November 08, 2006, 06:40:10 PM »

Well that was great to see. At least they addressed the situation. They could have left it the way it was.
FairyLace
« Reply #281 on: November 08, 2006, 06:43:09 PM »

I agree with Mysteron, Jarmo, Merck and Axl.? Now can one of you dudes get me backstage passes or on the guest list of any after parties in NYC Friday night?? Thanks!

rofl

If this works for you, please take me with?hihi

Just wanted to make sure that there's no confusion about this.

We've gotten messages from Beta, Merck and Axl about this now, there's no need to turn this into a "why won't they talk about this and that instead?" thread.

Anybody who even thinks about writing something negative in this thread questioning the message, please logout now and don't come back.

You obviously don't believe what people in and around the band say, so there's no need to stick around here with that attitude. You better get find your GN'R news somewhere else.

/jarmo

Hey Jarmo - this is a MESSAGE board. Dont they realise that? We are entitled to have an opinion - negative or positive. When they log in and read the posts - they must be prepared for that. Do you really want this board to lose its excellent reputation by delivering it to them sugarcoated and rose colored?

That is really sad - that you would lose your integrity - for them.

Who do you speak of when you say "them"Huh

Last I checked this was a Guns N' Roses FAN message board.? If you are not a fan you can surely leave.

Depends on your definition of a fan. ?Obviously your definition is someone who doesnt question or have his own thoughts. ?Im sorry but if I came on to this board and all that was being said was "this band is great they can do no wrong" it would be boring.

Im totally all for disposing those who ONLY talk negatively about the band. ?But we should still have the freedom to speak negatively/postively when we like.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2006, 06:56:45 PM »

Very cool for them to address this so that the speculation can be ended and put an end any controversy that a lot of people were trying to stir up. 
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2006, 07:00:39 PM »

I agree with Mysteron, Jarmo, Merck and Axl.  Now can one of you dudes get me backstage passes or on the guest list of any after parties in NYC Friday night?  Thanks!

rofl

If this works for you, please take me with?hihi

Just wanted to make sure that there's no confusion about this.

We've gotten messages from Beta, Merck and Axl about this now, there's no need to turn this into a "why won't they talk about this and that instead?" thread.

Anybody who even thinks about writing something negative in this thread questioning the message, please logout now and don't come back.

You obviously don't believe what people in and around the band say, so there's no need to stick around here with that attitude. You better get find your GN'R news somewhere else.

/jarmo

Hey Jarmo - this is a MESSAGE board. Dont they realise that? We are entitled to have an opinion - negative or positive. When they log in and read the posts - they must be prepared for that. Do you really want this board to lose its excellent reputation by delivering it to them sugarcoated and rose colored?

That is really sad - that you would lose your integrity - for them.

Who do you speak of when you say "them"Huh

Last I checked this was a Guns N' Roses FAN message board.  If you are not a fan you can surely leave.

Depends on your definition of a fan.  Obviously your definition is someone who doesnt question or have his own thoughts.  Im sorry but if I came on to this board and all that was being said was "this band is great they can do no wrong" it would be boring.

Im totally all for disposing those who ONLY talk negatively about the band.  But we should still have the freedom to speak negatively/postively when we like.

You're free to express your opinion, even if it's negative.

What we won't tolerate with are people who have made up their minds about anything without having heard the other side, or doubt anything and anyone with no reason, just stupidity.

It's really stupid.

Having Beta (she's the closest it gets to Axl and the band) posting on this site, telling people what happened last night, and then some of the posters calling her a liar, insisting that she has her own agenda and all kinds of bullshit.

If you're more interested in the firemen's or Papa Roach's approach on this matter, then you're definitely on the wrong board...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:23:47 PM by Christos AG » Logged

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2006, 07:06:45 PM »

If you're more interested in the firemen's or Papa Roach's approach on this matter, then you're definitely on the wrong board...

But in all fairness, how can this board be anything more than a propaganda piece if the other side of the occurrence isn't even a permissable topic to be discussed?

The message from Axl and Merck was nice in that it at least cleared up alot of the frustration on the part of many board members with the sudden change in operating policy the past few months. At least now we know that Jarmo has been given a direct edict to filter out unwanted info, instead of just doing it without any rational. I think that has been a real sore spot for a lot of people, and at least everything is on the level now for better or for worse.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #285 on: November 08, 2006, 07:20:59 PM »

either you believe them or you don't.

if you don't then you've got issues

we don't want to deal with your issues

if you say you've no issues you're in denial

if you think someone is lying to you / doesn't give a shit about you - that's an issue

its not jarmo's or anyone elses obligation here to help you work through your issues with GN'R / Axl

shelly60
Master of the ropes
Opening Act

« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2006, 07:38:27 PM »

Thanks for the post Jarmo, You know I always get my news from your site, Love having you visit my forum although its been  embarrasing to see you attacked like you were last week over there. Keep up the good work and maybe someday I can tie you up again. hehehhheheh

Really I appreciate all you do in the community.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2006, 07:39:25 PM »

But in all fairness, how can this board be anything more than a propaganda piece if the other side of the occurrence isn't even a permissable topic to be discussed?

The message from Axl and Merck was nice in that it at least cleared up alot of the frustration on the part of many board members with the sudden change in operating policy the past few months. At least now we know that Jarmo has been given a direct edict to filter out unwanted info, instead of just doing it without any rational. I think that has been a real sore spot for a lot of people, and at least everything is on the level now for better or for worse.

Is it propaganda to keep the shit and the rumours and the lies out of the forum?

There was a time when we'd do anything to get an update, an explanation about anything.

And now that we're getting these updates, we have people posting that their cousin's stepmom knows a fireman in Maine, and he said that Axl didn't wanna do the show cause it wasn't sold out... And we have the usual negative creeps yelling and ranting that it's all Axl's fault "as usual"...

About the matters not allowed to discuss:

There are some things that got out too early. Probably someone thought it was the time to let people know, BUT it wasn't.

If we have a huge thread on this board about the ad, people who read this board to find news and use them for their sites, will write about the ad and in a few hours you'll find it everywhere, which is not the way Axl/management wanted it to be.

They have a plan on how to release the record, all the promotional campaign, and that ad leak fucked their plans a bit.

Sometimes, shit like this happens. We tried to help, as it was asked. They didn't try to censor us, the posters or anyone else.

They just asked for our help to keep it quiet for as long as it was needed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm 100% with Jarmo on his decisions. Sometimes they might not make sense, at the time, but they all seem to be right a few hours, days, weeks later.

Second, I'm 100% with this band and all the decisions made by the band OR the management. If they ask me to do something, I'll happily do it. You can call it kiss-ass, I call it loyalty and respect.

It's pathetic. We're all GN'R fans. We're here and on any forum to support the band (obviously not all of us).

If you don't like this forum and its rules, it's fine. There are so many forums you can post at.

But calling names and trying to look bad-ass on the internet shows how pathetic some people are...

DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2006, 07:51:43 PM »

In the end, it doesnt matter who or what you believe...It doesnt matter if you forgive anyone...It doesnt matter if your a cry baby or not.

Its all about the music.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2006, 07:56:07 PM »

Is it propaganda to keep the shit and the rumours and the lies out of the forum?

There was a time when we'd do anything to get an update, an explanation about anything.

And now that we're getting these updates, we have people posting that their cousin's stepmom knows a fireman in Maine, and he said that Axl didn't wanna do the show cause it wasn't sold out... And we have the usual negative creeps yelling and ranting that it's all Axl's fault "as usual"...

About the matters not allowed to discuss:

There are some things that got out too early. Probably someone thought it was the time to let people know, BUT it wasn't.

If we have a huge thread on this board about the ad, people who read this board to find news and use them for their sites, will write about the ad and in a few hours you'll find it everywhere, which is not the way Axl/management wanted it to be.

They have a plan on how to release the record, all the promotional campaign, and that ad leak fucked their plans a bit.

Sometimes, shit like this happens. We tried to help, as it was asked. They didn't try to censor us, the posters or anyone else.

They just asked for our help to keep it quiet for as long as it was needed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm 100% with Jarmo on his decisions. Sometimes they might not make sense, at the time, but they all seem to be right a few hours, days, weeks later.

Second, I'm 100% with this band and all the decisions made by the band OR the management. If they ask me to do something, I'll happily do it. You can call it kiss-ass, I call it loyalty and respect.

It's pathetic. We're all GN'R fans. We're here and on any forum to support the band (obviously not all of us).

If you don't like this forum and its rules, it's fine. There are so many forums you can post at.

But calling names and trying to look bad-ass on the internet shows how pathetic some people are...

Great post. But in all seriousness Christos, the history of silence kind of played a part in some of the problems in the fanbase. If there could have been a post like yours a month ago a lot of this would have been cool.

I do think some of the bashing needs to quit, but that goes for the zealots who gang up on posters who might post legit, non positive messages, which leads to flame wars and hijacks threads. Now that they think they might get some attention from Axl I can see that side getting worse. I hope somthing will be said to them as well.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:02:02 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2006, 07:58:21 PM »

I mean the situation is what it is. I think the forum is still the best one out there, but it is hard not to look at it as a propaganda arm of the management company when anything that doesn't toe the party line is considered "Shit" and "rumours" that lead to "chaos".

To put out your press release about why the show was cancelled and blame it on specific parties, but then forbid the rebuttal of those parties strikes me as propaganda. To allow links to positive concert reviews, but delete negative ones is the same sort of thing.

I am not saying it is bad, but it is no different than when a government controls the information their citizens see for what they percieve is their own good. I am just happy to see management made the post to at least let people know that's what's going on.

I just wish sometimes they put the effort into seeing the entire forest they do looking at each individual tree.
nesquik
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2006, 08:11:29 PM »

It's a good thing Merck and Axl (and Beta) interact with this board. Thanks to them Smiley

To be honnest, it happened the way it happened and that's it. Sure a cancelled show is never a good news, but don't over-react. It's not the end of GN'R, it's not the end of the "new" Guns N' Roses and it's not the end of the world. It's just one show. See beyond. There were and will be plenty of other shows. Just to name a few, I'm sure the Madison Square Garden show (Friday night) is going to be amazing ?ok

I don't want to enter into this "war" between some fans and the management, or Axl or whoever but... if you can, go to a show to make your own personal judgment, and if you can't, just wait for the reviews. The people who go to the show know better than those who stay at home.
I hope the album is going to come out soon (and yeah I really hope "soon" is the word hihi)

PS: PERSONAL REQUEST FOR MERCK ---> I start to hear some rumours about a 07 european Tour, don't forget the Olympia (you know what i'm talking about).?It would be much appreciated for us, the frenchies Cheesy

Peace,
Nesquick
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:35:36 PM by nesquik » Logged
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #292 on: November 08, 2006, 08:29:22 PM »

Great post. But in all seriousness Christos, the history of silence kind of played a part in some of the problems in the fanbase. If there could have been a post like yours a month ago a lot of this would have been cool.

I do think some of the bashing needs to quit, but that goes for the zealots who gang up on posters who might post legit, non positive messages, which leads to flame wars and hijacks threads. Now that they think they might get some attention from Axl I can see that side getting worse. I hope somthing will be said to them as well.

I believe Jarmo posted that something that shouldn't be out there, got out there early.

When something like that is posted by the admin of this forum, I believe that it's pretty clear that the band/management wants to keep it quiet.

It's not censorship. I've posted this so many times this past month and so did Jarmo.

They asked us nicely, and we respect their wishes. Other forums might not and they didn't do what they were asked to.

It's their problem.

You need to keep one thing in mind. Our first concern here is what's good for this band.

Not censor the members of this board.

When we'll read lies and bullshit, we'll delete the thread. If you call that censorship, then I'm a fuckin nazi...

Now, don't take this last comment personally. I'm just tired of all the bullshit I read on so many GN'R forums from "fans"...

"fans" my ass...

I mean the situation is what it is. I think the forum is still the best one out there, but it is hard not to look at it as a propaganda arm of the management company when anything that doesn't toe the party line is considered "Shit" and "rumours" that lead to "chaos".

To put out your press release about why the show was cancelled and blame it on specific parties, but then forbid the rebuttal of those parties strikes me as propaganda. To allow links to positive concert reviews, but delete negative ones is the same sort of thing.

I am not saying it is bad, but it is no different than when a government controls the information their citizens see for what they percieve is their own good. I am just happy to see management made the post to at least let people know that's what's going on.

I just wish sometimes they put the effort into seeing the entire forest they do looking at each individual tree.

Now, tell me when did you read or hear something official from Maine's fire squad? All I read on this board was rumours that "Axl this, Axl that" etc etc.

The only negative review I read, which got removed, was one that paid more attention to the poster's retard friends than the show itself.

I'm sorry if my words are harsh, but I don't expect to get a good review, and I don't mean positive, I mean objective, by a person who cares more about what his retard friends will do at a GN'R concert. People who never cared about the band, people that were there to spoil the fun for others.

How can a review that contains the following lines be objective?

I was there and almost NO ONE was having a good time.

2 of my 3 friends FELL ASLEEP during GNR's set.

And guys I am sorry but the setlist was awful once again.

after Axl talked about people throwing shit at him my friend who was basically waiting to go home because of how bored he was said 'some one peg the fucking guy with a battery so we can get the fuck out of here'.

us fucking with some dork 3 rows in front of us.My friends were throwing relish packets at him.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2006, 08:46:23 PM »

Fell asleep? More likely passed out drunk.
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2006, 08:52:41 PM »

For obvious reasons, Jarmo and this Board has taken a lot of flack lately. ?One thing I've noticed is that during GNR's "hiatus" or when there was nothing going on, this Board was the only "official" (or close to a real official gnr website) GNR website fans could rely upon. ?With that said Jarmo has a responsiblity to the band which probably most of us do not understand and he's gotten a lot of flack about it. ?He's doing the best he can, trying to please both the members here and not piss off the band the same time, lol. ?ok
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #295 on: November 08, 2006, 09:21:03 PM »

I believe Jarmo posted that something that shouldn't be out there, got out there early.

When something like that is posted by the admin of this forum, I believe that it's pretty clear that the band/management wants to keep it quiet.

It's not censorship. I've posted this so many times this past month and so did Jarmo.

They asked us nicely, and we respect their wishes. Other forums might not and they didn't do what they were asked to.

It's their problem.

You need to keep one thing in mind. Our first concern here is what's good for this band.

Not censor the members of this board.

When we'll read lies and bullshit, we'll delete the thread. If you call that censorship, then I'm a fuckin nazi...

Now, don't take this last comment personally. I'm just tired of all the bullshit I read on so many GN'R forums from "fans"...

"fans" my ass...

Now, tell me when did you read or hear something official from Maine's fire squad? All I read on this board was rumours that "Axl this, Axl that" etc etc.

The only negative review I read, which got removed, was one that paid more attention to the poster's retard friends than the show itself.

I'm sorry if my words are harsh, but I don't expect to get a good review, and I don't mean positive, I mean objective, by a person who cares more about what his retard friends will do at a GN'R concert. People who never cared about the band, people that were there to spoil the fun for others.

How can a review that contains the following lines be objective?

I was there and almost NO ONE was having a good time.

2 of my 3 friends FELL ASLEEP during GNR's set.

And guys I am sorry but the setlist was awful once again.

after Axl talked about people throwing shit at him my friend who was basically waiting to go home because of how bored he was said 'some one peg the fucking guy with a battery so we can get the fuck out of here'.

us fucking with some dork 3 rows in front of us.My friends were throwing relish packets at him.

I think having lines like that in a review shows objectivity. People don't always have the time of their lives at a concert. I saw Shadow's Fall last year and got bored halfway through their set. That's not me just trying to be negative about them, that's just honesty.

You keep saying this board is for fans. I don't recall fans being required to eat a pile of shit that a band's manager feeds them. When I read the "apology," I felt like my intelligence had been insulted. Again, that's not me trying to be negative. That's just honesty. What Axl said was fine, in my opinion. He even hinted at taking responsibility. Merck, on the other hand, came across like a condescending ass. If he's ok with constructive criticism, then here's some: hire someone else to issue apologies or just let Axl do it.

Now, deleting "negative" posts is lame. Surely a guy like Axl Rose isn't going to be offended over what some pests on a message board have to say. I mean, this was the guy who informed the world that Bob Guccione Jr's dad gets more pussy than him (which could be considered disinformation, depending on you ask I would assume). Merck commented that negative posts may cause confusion and chaos (lol). I like to think that the people who post here have the intelligence to read the positive and negative posts then form their own opinion. Does Merck really believe GNR fans are too stupid to decide for themselves?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:24:15 PM by JimMorrison4 » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #296 on: November 08, 2006, 10:12:39 PM »

In the end, it doesnt matter who or what you believe...It doesnt matter if you forgive anyone...It doesnt matter if your a cry baby or not.

Its all about the music.

Being a fan of the music is all about the music.
Being a fan of the band is not all about the music.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2006, 10:18:51 PM »

I think having lines like that in a review shows objectivity. People don't always have the time of their lives at a concert. I saw Shadow's Fall last year and got bored halfway through their set. That's not me just trying to be negative about them, that's just honesty.

You keep saying this board is for fans. I don't recall fans being required to eat a pile of shit that a band's manager feeds them. When I read the "apology," I felt like my intelligence had been insulted. Again, that's not me trying to be negative. That's just honesty. What Axl said was fine, in my opinion. He even hinted at taking responsibility. Merck, on the other hand, came across like a condescending ass. If he's ok with constructive criticism, then here's some: hire someone else to issue apologies or just let Axl do it.

Now, deleting "negative" posts is lame. Surely a guy like Axl Rose isn't going to be offended over what some pests on a message board have to say. I mean, this was the guy who informed the world that Bob Guccione Jr's dad gets more pussy than him (which could be considered disinformation, depending on you ask I would assume). Merck commented that negative posts may cause confusion and chaos (lol). I like to think that the people who post here have the intelligence to read the positive and negative posts then form their own opinion. Does Merck really believe GNR fans are too stupid to decide for themselves?

It may be about the fans for Axl, but for Merck it's simply business. I don't think he cares about the fans at all, he's a capitalist looking out for his own and Axls interests. For him it doesn't matter that the real fans get the right picture, all he sees is alot of negativity and the possibillity of that reaching the media and creating a bad spot for him and the band, business and image wise.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #298 on: November 08, 2006, 10:39:14 PM »

I have no intention of reading this entire thread, but I want to say I think it's pretty fucking cool for Jarmo that his site has become so high profile. I've been coming here since 1997 ... it was much different then. This has been my sole link to GNR for the last ten years and its because it's managed very professionally, even though --- this being the internet and all --- it doesn't need to be. So I personally think it speaks to Jarmo's character, his site, and the moderators here that Merk made that post.  beer

I've seen enough.
Survalli
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2006, 10:52:23 PM »

reading between the lines:   GNR felt that the current situation could have dissolved into something we have seen before...  I see some responsible behavior coming from Axl and Company that I see as extremely encouraging and refreshing.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: