Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:36:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  HTGTH tattoo thread (questions, pics...)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH tattoo thread (questions, pics...)  (Read 106283 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2006, 08:15:22 PM »

I didnt really mean that pain was the point.  I meant that if you are willing to put something on your body forvever, then you must be passionate enough about it to go through the pain to get it.

Now that, I can understand. Kind of. But that isn't what you said. But it's clearly what you meant. So it's all good.

yea at 15 being 6 foot 3 inches helps  Tongue, it's the Nightrain logo with some altercations  Kiss

All right Green Giant, calm down, but I don't see where height comes into it. My point wasn't your being a weedy fifteen year old little boy (clearly, you're not) but that fifteen is a pretty early age to get a tattoo.

Though, that said, I do know a fair few people who were having them done at around sixteen.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2006, 08:35:57 PM »

well i put alot of thought into it compared to alot of other people near my age group. plus its something that has always stood out to me

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2006, 02:27:15 AM »

I didnt really mean that pain was the point.  I meant that if you are willing to put something on your body forvever, then you must be passionate enough about it to go through the pain to get it.
taking a tat don't even sting.

But certainly people should think about how the tat is going to be there the rest of one's life. My friend took a big tribal and I know *I* would get bored with it.

Then it's all the dolhpins and butterflys and roses or barbed wire. Now isn't that orginal?

I got a tattoo and there's a story behind it.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2006, 03:41:39 AM »

taking a tat don't even sting

are you trying to convince us that you are a tough-guy?  Where is your tat?  how long did it take?  We all like to think that we have the best, most original tatoos, with the best stories.  Whats your story?
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2006, 05:19:25 AM »

are you trying to convince us that you are a tough-guy?  Where is your tat?  how long did it take?  We all like to think that we have the best, most original tatoos, with the best stories.  Whats your story?

If I would convince someone that I'm a tough guy I think I'd come up with something better than "I took a tat and it didn't even hurt"  hihi

Here's my tat

It took pretty long time to ink it, because of the details. I think it took around four to five hours.

It should be pretty orginal since it was drawn for me.

The story behind it that I was in a car with my gf (back then) and her brother, suddenly on a motorway front tire went loose from the drivers side and we drove off the road doing 100-120 km/h, when I got out of the car I saw that we had narrowly missed a streetlight and I was thinking we got damn lucky.

Right across the road there was a white cross since someone hadn't been that lucky.

I found the idea of my own guardian angel-tattoo appealing and I searched the net for a good pic to give the tattooer an idea what I was looking, then after six months I went to a local tattoo shop and her draw me a couple of "ideas" where we improved one of them a few times and now it's on my shoulder.

I''ve been searching for an idea for an idea to a new tat, after I took the first three years ago, but I still haven't found one.

blowin smoke
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2006, 07:43:32 AM »

numbing cream?? ?Pretty much goes against the whole point of a tat, but..Does it go on before you start, or after you are done?? I do know of something called "Sestain" which you can apply during a tattoo, but it only numbs what has already been worked on, it wont numb fresh skin. Its not really a cream, its more of a liquid, and its only really used on tattoos that take a long time, and really makes it difficult to heal.? How long did you sit for?
The cream goes on about 1 hour before and it only takes the edge away, you can still feel some pain but its bearable. My wife sat for about 45 mins and mine was about 1 hour 30mins ish.
The tattoos were got for personel reasons and took a great deal of thought (about 2 years on and off) but we decided to bite the bullet and go.
I am definitly up for some more now though.
cheers guys!

no time for questions, no time for games. Start kickin' ass and taking down names!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2006, 07:47:35 AM »

If I would convince someone that I'm a tough guy I think I'd come up with something better than "I took a tat and it didn't even hurt"  hihi

Yeah. Like, telling us about every time you get into a fight or something...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2006, 08:47:53 AM »

Yeah. Like, telling us about every time you get into a fight or something...

damn, I think you're on to me.

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2006, 04:09:48 PM »

I was just joking about the "tough guy" thing.  But that is the least painful spot to get tattood. Thats a good story, but I cant really see how that tattoo would take that long. 
anythinggoes
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2006, 06:00:14 PM »

I was just joking about the "tough guy" thing.? But that is the least painful spot to get tattood. Thats a good story, but I cant really see how that tattoo would take that long.?

its not just me then because my flames and gnr symbols took 3 hours and there is a lot more detail in that
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2006, 06:08:38 PM »

this took about 3 1/2 hours, granted black and grey tats do go a lot quicker than color, and my guy went a little fast on this one, but still...
anythinggoes
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2006, 06:29:37 PM »

this took about 3 1/2 hours, granted black and grey tats do go a lot quicker than color, and my guy went a little fast on this one, but still...

Nice Axl Tattoo

it was just under 3 hours with a 5 min break i can tell you by the end id had enough
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 06:31:09 PM by anythinggoes » Logged
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2006, 06:31:03 PM »

see, that i can understand.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2006, 06:17:10 AM »

I was just joking about the "tough guy" thing.  But that is the least painful spot to get tattood. Thats a good story, but I cant really see how that tattoo would take that long. 
I think he just weren't in a hurry, seriously what he did was the outlines and "coloring". with one pause where I atequickly a pizza.

I know it's the least painfull spot, but I'll let you know when I take a butterfly on my lower back.  hihi

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2006, 03:56:18 AM »

my leg is in the new "Tattoo Revue" magazine.  Along with 3 pages of other tattoos by Nikko.  His shop has an 8 page artical/photo spread. Check it out. 
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2006, 07:21:18 AM »

are you trying to convince us that you are a tough-guy?? Where is your tat?? how long did it take?? We all like to think that we have the best, most original tatoos, with the best stories.? Whats your story?

If I would convince someone that I'm a tough guy I think I'd come up with something better than "I took a tat and it didn't even hurt"? hihi

Here's my tat

It took pretty long time to ink it, because of the details. I think it took around four to five hours.

oh bullshit, u tellin' me that took that long Shocked Shocked Shocked? ? ? ............come off it dude, i have an arm job thats nearly wrapped around from shoulder to elbow n'' all up it was prob.....5 to 6 hours!!!

n' what fuckin' detail, thats not detail Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 07:24:48 AM by ClintroN » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #316 on: October 19, 2006, 07:49:47 AM »

first the outlines, then the coloring, that's how long it took.

anythinggoes
« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2006, 05:09:17 AM »

first the outlines, then the coloring, that's how long it took.

Hmmm

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boardgallery/displayimage.php?album=9&pos=2

5 hours eh  Undecided
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #318 on: October 24, 2006, 06:33:54 AM »

thats funny.  Thank you. I really didnt mean to cause a big arguement,  but c'mon now.  I know how long tats take.  Ive been in the chair for over 50 hours. There was really never any reason to exadurate about how long his  took, other than to try and sound tough.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2006, 07:01:11 AM »

good point  Grin
I guess it was around three hours inking then and two hours of talking shit Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: