Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:02:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Avenged Sevenfold Finds Its Groove On New Album
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avenged Sevenfold Finds Its Groove On New Album  (Read 3334 times)
Chief
Legend

« on: July 12, 2007, 07:40:56 PM »

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003609793

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:09:04 PM »

Haven't really heard this band's music, any recommendations on what songs to check out?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 09:14:21 PM »

Haven't really heard this band's music, any recommendations on what songs to check out?

They're last album was the only one that was particularly good. Everyone has their opinion on favorite song, but the 'rocker single' was Bat Country and the 'ballad single' was Seize the Day. Either of those is a good starting point.

Hopefully this album is a slight push more mainstream, and hopefully the singing gets just a little better. Groove is a word I'm happy to see in reference to this band, they could've used more in the past.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 10:41:03 PM »

I agree that Bat Country is a good choice for someone to listen to being introduced to this band. Their last release was the only cd that I liked by them. Hopefully their new album is going to a step up form their last because I think they have potential to be pretty good. The idea of a more groove-oriented sound sounds pretty sweet.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 10:42:35 PM »

I really loved everything on the last album. "Trashed and Scattered" amd "The Wicked End" are probably my favorite songs from it. Vocals and lyrics on TAS are extremely Axl-esque. Other pretty cool songs from that are "Beast and the Harlot", "Sidewinder", and "Strength of the World". The album before City of Evil was Waking The Fallen. The vocals are more screamo but he sings alot of parts and some whole songs on it and they're definately great. From that I would recommend "Chapter 4", "Unholy Confessions", "Clairvoyant Disease", "And All Things Will End", "Remenissions", and Especially if you're looking for an epic type ballad that rocks "I won't see you tonight pt. 1".

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 06:25:12 PM »

they suck, the songs anyway, they have these great riffs then totally fuck it up in the chorus's with super cheese.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »

they suck, the songs anyway, they have these great riffs then totally fuck it up in the chorus's with super cheese.

but u lurv cheezeah?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 09:30:39 PM »

Me, I love the super cheese.  It gets no better than the harmonized guitar parts on "Burn it Down."   hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 07:53:03 AM »

but u lurv cheezeah?

theres different types of cheese.

theres def leppard style "gimme all of your lovin" and then theres dragonforce-esque over the top bad cheese...which avenged nails right on the head with its chorus's for me.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 10:00:26 AM »

but u lurv cheezeah?

theres def leppard style "gimme all of your lovin" and then theres dragonforce-esque over the top bad cheese...which avenged nails right on the head with its chorus's for me.

but, a7x kix def's asses
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 10:03:38 AM »

but u lurv cheezeah?

but, a7x kix def's asses

big time i dont think so. just ONE of def leppards albums was far more successful than any a7x album, plus A7X are faggots, especially the guitarist with the SG, what an emo.

html sucks
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 10:04:01 AM »

but u lurv cheezeah?

but, a7x kix def's asses

Yeah I couldn't agree more. I like A7x alot and I think Def is one of the absolute worst bands ever. I really hate every single song I've ever heard by them.

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 10:16:33 AM »

big time i dont think so.

you're welcomed to have your opinion
just ONE of def leppards albums was far more successful than any a7x album,
yeah because a more succesful artist is a better artist .............. .......... ........ ..............? ? ? ?....... ......... ........ ....... .
plus A7X are faggots,

yeah probably, i mean it's cool to say stuff like that on internet right Tongue
especially the guitarist with the SG, what an emo.
yeah he wears make up.. all male artists that wear makeup are so gay.. don't you think so bigtime CRASHD?ET fan Wink

yep.. that's a homosexual right there rofl
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 11:11:20 AM »

does that guitar look like an SG?

no fool, an SG is the guitar angus young plays, so i believe the other A7X guitarist....

the one you pictured is a good player i cant deny that, when hes not fucked up onstage that is

hes the emo faggot. (other guitarist)

successful artist, they are successful for a reason, they made great pop rock albums which had some good feeling in and they didnt follow trends.....

unlike A7X who love to fit in with the latest metal scene.

the make up thing ,he wears EMO styled make  up, thats what makes him a fag cheapjon Wink
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 11:13:19 AM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 11:16:52 AM »

woah you know more about them then me.. guess you're a bigger fan then me of them
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »

heres a list of bands who looked totally gay in their time

the beatles
the rolling stones
Led Zeppelin
Areosmith
Motley Crue

Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 03:19:27 PM »

Really it's just the make up that looks kinda gay to me. I've seen them live and almost everyone in the band is fuckin huge. They look like they spend a lot of time lifting weights or taking steroids or somehting lol And millions of bands have done the make up thing anyway. Alice Cooper is one of the greatest songwriters/performers ever and he's been wearing make up for almost 40 years. Besides a band "looking gay" is a really stupid reason to not like their music. Hell Freddie Mercury not only "looked gay" he was gay and Queen were a pretty great band in their day. Who cares.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 07:01:02 AM »

heres a list of bands who looked totally gay in their time

the beatles
the rolling stones
Led Zeppelin
Areosmith
Motley Crue

nah they looked like either psyhadelic or trashed out or both.

html sucks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: