Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:50:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard fortus reunites with Pale Divine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard fortus reunites with Pale Divine  (Read 6124 times)
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« on: July 13, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS To Reunite With Former Band PALE DIVINE - July 13, 2008
According to a posting on the GUNS N' ROSES fan site GnrDaily.com, GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus will reunite with his old band PALE DIVINE on December 29 at the Pageant in St Louis, Missouri.

PALE DIVINE was a local St. Louis band who later changed its name to THE EYES. The four-piece alternative group independently released "Freedom In A Cage", which was produced by David Probst. They became hugely popular for their live shows as they mixed their originals with underground covers from such bands as RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS and BAUHAUS. Drawing from the likes of JIMI HENDRIX and STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, the flamboyant and original Fortus led THE EYES into being a premiere act dominated by their dark image, high energy, and fantastically produced sound. They were eventually signed by Atlantic Records and subsequently toured the U.S. with THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS in support of their only album, "Straight To Goodbye".
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 04:18:58 PM »

I have never heard of that band, but sounds really cool.  Need to check them out.  I thought he used to play in the Psycheledic Furs... 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »

I thought he used to play in the Psycheledic Furs... 

He's one of those people who have been in more than one band in the past.

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 05:04:42 PM »

I have never heard of that band, but sounds really cool.  Need to check them out.  I thought he used to play in the Psycheledic Furs... 

He has toured with them as well as producing and playing on their 2001 album "Greatest Hits Live".  You really need to check out the release section of his website. He has done TONS of stuff for a wide range of artists and projects.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 05:08:53 PM »

good for Richard for keeping himself active.

*awaits all the lame ass speculators who think they know everything claiming Fortus is out of GnR*
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 06:53:58 PM »

*awaits all the lame ass speculators who think they know everything claiming Fortus is out of GnR*

hopefully you hold your breath while you wait

no one is going to speculate anything because its only for a show

only the astute lame ass speculator realizes that there is a big difference between a one off show and a full blown NIN tour.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 08:25:48 PM »

hopefully you hold your breath while you wait

no one is going to speculate anything because its only for a show

only the astute lame ass speculator realizes that there is a big difference between a one off show and a full blown NIN tour.
Actually, some people on MyGnr already are.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 12:21:43 AM »

I thought he used to play in the Psycheledic Furs... 

He's one of those people who have been in more than one band in the past.

Wink

/jarmo

I know Jarmo, I was hinting to the fact that he has played with many bands.  I didn't know if on that tour he played with both bands, was just such good friends it lead to other recordings.  If he played a double header that would be bad ass!  I am sure people do it, just not often.  I can't wait to hear his contributions to CD.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »

Exclusive: Pale Divine Doing a Reunion Show, December 29 at the Pageant

Thu Jul 10, 2008 at 03:42:03 PM

Well, here's something I didn't see coming: Fifteen years after splitting, '80s/'90s local darlings Pale Divine are doing a reunion show December 29 at the Pageant, a gig confirmed by guitarist/vocalist Richard Fortus. No further details are available at this time.

For those unfamiliar, the band sounded more like it hailed from England, not St. Louis, with its Peter Murphy-dark vocals, shimmering goth/post-punk-tinged guitars and dramatic atmospherics. Listen to a few MP3s from the band's Straight To Goodbye CD and catch a video of the Eyes (the band's name before changing it to Pale Divine after signing to Atlantic Records) after the jump.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2008/07/pale_divine_reunion_show_pageant_st_louis.php

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 06:29:30 AM »

i think i saw video of a gig of this band once, and if i'm not mistaken, it rocks!

congrats Rich ok

Chinese Democracy!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 11:15:53 AM »

sounds nice.

Hope someone kind in St. Louis can report on the show to us. Cheesy
cineater
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 11:52:45 AM »

We'll see what I can afford when we get there.  I'll try.

Bringing the family home for Christmas and might as well write it off as a business trip.  Put Richard down as not stupid.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 01:47:59 PM »

Check out the new site made for this reunion: http://www.theeyes-paledivine.com/

Thanks Michael.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »

Pale Divine Launches Website, Releases Limited-Edition Boxed Set

Mon Oct 06, 2008

Speaking of Guns N' Roses, current guitarist Richard Fortus dropped me a line a few weeks ago to give an update about the Pale Divine reunion show goings-on. (It's still Monday, December 29 at the Pageant.)

First, the band put together a very comprehensive new Website at www.theeyes-paledivine.com , which contains a comprehensive discography and history, links to audio/video and press.

Even cooler, Fortus says the band is producing a limited-edition (1000 copies) boxed set that's a veritable treasure trove of Pale Divine rarities: "It's a custom hard-bound book type of package that will contain 2 DVDs of old live footage and backstage stuff and then 2 CDs. One CD will be a rerelease of our first indie record called Freedom in a Cage. The other disc is going to be the demos that we did for the second Atlantic record that was never recorded. It will come with a stitched, 16-page book of photos."

This will be available through the Pale Divine/Eyes website and at the Pageant store. (In fact, Fortus says there's also going to be a package deal where you can get two reserved balcony tickets, the boxed set and a T-shirt for a discount price at the website/Pageant store.)

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2008/10/pale_divine_reunion_show_boxed_set_freedom_cage_the_eyes_website.php

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »

The box set is now on sale and tickets for the show can be bought at Ticketmaster.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: