Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:43:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227930 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New Green Day album 21st Century Breakdown/Single- Know Your Enemy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Green Day album 21st Century Breakdown/Single- Know Your Enemy  (Read 2325 times)
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« on: April 07, 2009, 06:19:01 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSwJESMJLUo
90 secs of new single!

Anyone else a major GD fan. I love all the albums including the B-Sides disc, Shenanigans.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:36:18 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 06:21:43 AM »

it sucks.
where's the *real* punk rock music in USA these days ?

it's just pop music.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:27:41 AM »

I guess it depends what you consider "punk"  Many consider 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours,Kerplunk and even Dookie to be punk classics. I love all the Green Day albums. Anyway, they are close to 40 and they sure aren't gonna sing about the same things as they did when the band first began (they were teenagers) Punk or not , I love the song. Billie Joe has explained his views on Green Day being labeled punk many times but it always comes down to the punk ethic of doing what you want and that is something Green Day have always done.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 06:35:54 AM »

nawt gut
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 06:37:08 AM »

okay, let's say, rock n'roll, instead of punk.
ok I see a guitar. I see poses. but when I listen to it...where's the energy ? where's the attitude ?
where's the subversion ?

I say that here for Greenday, but I can say it on 99% of the bands in these days.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 06:38:11 AM »

i think there new album is gonna flop.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 06:40:01 AM »

okay, let's say, rock n'roll, instead of punk.
ok I see a guitar. I see poses. but when I listen to it...where's the energy ? where's the attitude ?
where's the subversion ?

I say that here for Greenday, but I can say it on 99% of the bands in these days.
Well, the last time a band had an attitude it was their downfall.

Check Early Towers of London to see what i mean if you dont already know about their career and what happened to them.

html sucks
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 06:40:50 AM »

i think there new album is gonna flop.

They said the same thing about a green day punk rock concept album (American Idiot) and that was a worldwide smash, about 12 million or so. Pretty fuckin good for guys who broke through ten years before that with a song about masturbation. I don't give a shit if they sell ten or ten million of this, I am pretty pumped.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 07:17:02 AM »

im saying it. Because theres no way you can follow an album as big as American Idiot was, almost 5 years later, having done...well not alot. With a song (which judging by the preview) that is kinda crappy, and repetative.

Most of the kids that liked American Idiot are grown up now. I remember when it was huge, every kid at my school was crazy over Green Day.

You ask them now, they wouldnt even admit to it, theyd be all "omggzzz i love the pigeon detectives" or some lame indie band like that.

html sucks
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 10:38:39 AM »

im saying it. Because theres no way you can follow an album as big as American Idiot was, almost 5 years later, having done...well not alot. With a song (which judging by the preview) that is kinda crappy, and repetative.

Most of the kids that liked American Idiot are grown up now. I remember when it was huge, every kid at my school was crazy over Green Day.

You ask them now, they wouldnt even admit to it, theyd be all "omggzzz i love the pigeon detectives" or some lame indie band like that.

You must be young then cause ten years prior in 1994,Green Day were the biggest band in America with Dookie. Everyone though their fans had grown up and moved on but I guess not since American Idiot was such a big smash.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 10:40:11 AM »

You must be young then cause ten years prior in 1994,Green Day were the biggest band in America with Dookie. Everyone though their fans had grown up and moved on but I guess not since American Idiot was such a big smash.

I think an entire new generation of kids discovered Green Day on American Idiot. Don't think that can happen again this time around but I'm looking forward to what they come out with.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 10:43:28 AM »

well, im 18 now.

Was bout 15/16 when Green Day were one of the biggest bands on the planet.

Although i was a fan prior, my dad had Insomniac from back in the 90s. Thats my favorite Green Day material.

html sucks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: