Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:28:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Question About Time Travel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question About Time Travel  (Read 18667 times)
jgfnsr
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2005, 03:21:02 PM »

As for God...please, one daft idea at a time.

I fully realize many here loath all talk in relation to religion and God.

Nevertheless, being as the original post mentioned God as much as it did time-travel, it is warranted I think.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »

first rule of comedy...dont assume everyone has an IQ of 180, they have read nietchse and to remember the exact quote you quoted.

Tongue

time travel, if it is indeed possible would be only possible across different timelines in a infinite timeline universe...one could go back from one timeline into another timeline but they cannot go back to the same timeline to disturb it...or so i heard

Look...

Shut up.

Locked!

And actually, fool, this:

There's a great quote that I can't remember...

...Only the human ego makes us believe that this 'God', this 'Creator' should he exist would give a fuck about us and what we do with our lives...

Oh, I don't know, something along those lines.

Wasn't a joke.

So therefore your rules of comedy don't apply here.  Tongue

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2005, 04:19:44 PM »

Nutjob, how about this scenario: Take some kind of a superweapon, go 15 billion years into the past, and destroy the matter that became the Big Bang. Not only would you destroy yourself, but you would also destroy God as well. I know, its kind of far fetched, but no one's ever thought of that. And to the person who said they wanted to go back in time and not read this thread, I have a question: Why did you read it in the first place if you're not interested in time travel?

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 04:30:43 PM »

Look...

Shut up.

Locked!

is that a quote from neitsche too? was he an amnesiac? cos you forgot to lock the thread...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 05:24:38 PM »

"As man now is, God once was.
As God now is, man may be."

Written by a man of course.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 05:55:54 PM »

Nutjob, maybe you're right. I have read Revelations, and it doesn't mention anything regarding humans able to travel through time. But if achieved, wouldnt the fact that it isn't mentioned in the bible make you change your mind? And you shouldn't say it will NEVER occur. Scientists have noticed a miniscule anomaly concerning time travel. If a supersonic jet leaves New York and flies to a far away country, it arrives to its destination a millionth of a second quicker than it should have. Scientists have yet to explain this anomaly.

For the record, while I believe the Bible, I don't believe it contains all truth that God has - or could - reveal to man.

Do you believe the bible is the ultimate truth, word for word?

Or do you only pick out parts that think apply to you?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 06:35:53 PM »

I picked the part in the bible that mentions the end times and pointed out the fact that it doesn't mention time travel.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 06:49:24 PM »

I picked the part in the bible that mentions the end times and pointed out the fact that it doesn't mention time travel.

lol

jgfnsr
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 07:12:56 PM »

What a man speaks or writes, when under the influence of the Holy Ghost, is scripture.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2005, 07:14:26 PM »

is that a quote from neitsche too? was he an amnesiac? cos you forgot to lock the thread...

Damn. I must have forgotten that I was being serious.

Locked! ?Tongue

And oi, no one word replies. No laughing out loud posts on my watch.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
jgfnsr
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2005, 07:20:37 PM »

Something tells me I'm walking into a trap here but I'll answer anyway.

I believe the Bible to be the word of God as long as it is translated correctly. ?

At the same time I also believe in continuing revelation; i.e. that the heavens are not closed and all that God can reveal is not contained in the Bible alone when there are those on the earth with the proper authority to receive divine revelation.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2005, 12:40:51 AM »

What a man speaks or writes, when under the influence of the Holy Ghost, is scripture.

So when they wrote about slavery (among other rotten human traits) being ok in the bible, was with or without the influence of the Holy Ghost?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2005, 12:57:39 AM »

Something tells me I'm walking into a trap here but I'll answer anyway.

I believe the Bible to be the word of God as long as it is translated correctly. ?

Can you translate this for me?

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.  (Leviticus 25:44-46 )

How about this one?

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.  (Exodus 21:7-11 )

These are straight out of the bible. So if your bible is the absolute truth then you claim that slavery is ok. Maybe I am translating this incorrectly?

I can give you more barbaric acts from the bible if you'd prefer.

It seems to me that if you hold the bible to be the one true path, then you must embrace passages as those above as well. If not, then you are a hypocrite and you only pick what you think is ok, and then judge others with it.

Who-da-thunk?

journey
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2005, 12:58:01 AM »

How do you know it's not his ego talking? A man (bishop) told me that my baptism was no longer valid and the Holy Ghost wasn't present in my soul, because I didn't wanna go to his church anymore. I told him that my relationship with God was valid to me, and that's all that mattered. If I could travel back in time, I would've told him to find a different hobby.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2005, 01:31:02 AM »

If i could go back in time I wouldnt have let my over eager GF dye my hair Fire Engine Red

I have a lot of dogs trying to piss on me now

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2005, 01:43:28 AM »

If i could go back in time I wouldnt have let my over eager GF dye my hair Fire Engine Red

Yea, but look at all the action you get whenever you go out now.....

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2005, 01:51:16 AM »

Yea, but look at all the action you get whenever you go out now.....

Where the fuck did u find that pic?

fuckin hilarious by the way! gotta give u credit! Im laughin my ass off at that one

that one will be hard to top! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2005, 02:57:08 AM »

rofl

Nutjob, how about this scenario: Take some kind of a superweapon, go 15 billion years into the past, and destroy the matter that became the Big Bang. Not only would you destroy yourself, but you would also destroy God as well. I know, its kind of far fetched, but no one's ever thought of that. And to the person who said they wanted to go back in time and not read this thread, I have a question: Why did you read it in the first place if you're not interested in time travel?
Gods not that stupid, humans/life couldn't exsist before the big bang so they couldn't stop it. If you went back that far you'd just die

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2005, 03:15:56 AM »

u guys will argue about absolutely anything

God cannot be destroyed cause the Big Bang didnt create God.

If u hate God, guess what

just stop believing and he will cease to exist to u.

U dont need a time machine for that ok

all I can say to the God haters is

"u better hope u are right!"

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2005, 05:25:54 AM »

I was laughing at SLC and D by the way, not at the thread. I like god and time-travel

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: