Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:27:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official Pride FC Thread
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official Pride FC Thread  (Read 4519 times)
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« on: October 07, 2006, 03:46:16 PM »

Who are fans of this?

I think it is the best MMA out today!

Sakuraba was the best fighter of all time!

If you dont like me, blow me!
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 08:07:06 PM »

Sorry, what?
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 10:10:51 PM »

Pride FC you idiot.

You dont know what it is or what?

The Pride FC GP 2000 just came out on DVD.  I suggest any MMA fan out there pick it up.  Pick it up for the Sakuraba Vs Royace Gracie match.  90 mins.  Longest MMA match in modern times.

This is a must have dvd

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 04:11:56 PM »

Well here in the UK we don't have access to Pride on tv.  So for that reason only i have always watched UFC (and will continue to do so...).

But for a long while now i have heard people rave about how the real fighters are in Pride and they could take out most UFC guys.  I am also a fan of Josh Barnett's time in the UFC and knew that he was with Pride so a few days ago i decided to download a recent event.  So i got Pride Final Conflict 2006 and it thought it was great, i really enjoyed pretty much every fight, i also found it amusing how guys get yellows cards and 10% deductions from their purse.  They did a good job of keeping things fast paced though and it's much better having a 10 minute first round.  I have also been annoyed about how in the UFC guys don't fight more than once in a night so it was good to see the end of the Open Weight Tournament and guys fight twice in a night, Cro Cop was really impressive, loved seeing him knock out Wanderlai Silva yes Cheesy  Anyway to cut a long story short, i was really impressed and will continue to download events and keep up with things.  During the show they were advertising "The Real Deal" so i am currently downloading that....Awesome stuff!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 04:56:56 PM »

PrideOfficial.com, the official Japanese website of PRIDE Fighting Championships has announced the main event for the company's upcoming show on New Year's Eve, traditionally the biggest annual event for PRIDE.

It will be the undisputed Heavyweight champion of PRIDE, Fedor Emelianenko, taking on former K-1 Grand Prix champion - Mark Hunt.

Fighters confirmed for the show, but yet to have matches announced (updated list):

-Mirko CroCop
-Vanderlei Silva
-Josh Barnett
-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
-Dan Henderson
-Takanori Gomi
-Hidehiko Yoshida
-Kazuyuki Fujita
-Joachim Hansen
-Denis Kang
-Ricardo Arona
-Gilbert Melendez
-Hayato Sakurai
-Tatsuya Kawajiri
-Kazuo Misaki
-Kazuhiro Nakamura
-Akihiro Gono
-Mitsuhiro Ishida
-Sanae Kikuta
-Ikuhisa Minowa
-Shinya Aoki
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:47:11 PM »

Sounds good.  I am a huge fan of the earlier pride fc.  Great stuff.   I have most of the events on dvd, if you ever want to trade let me know.

Look for the pride grand pri 2000.    Great fights.

That and pride 10.  Revenge of the warriors.   Best fight cards ever, by far

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 06:14:30 PM »

Will do, bought the Middleweight Grand Prix 2003 the other day.

I'm also gonna download more old ones from torrent sites, since we don't get it here in the UK i'm forced to download all the latest events anyway.......
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 07:25:01 PM »

That middle weight tourny is great too.   Sakuraba is my fav fighter.   I think he is the best ever.  Not his bet tourny though

Here in canada we just started getting them on ppv.  I have had to buy all these dvds from the hmv store

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 04:07:25 PM »

Here is what the OFFICIAL PRIDE 33 "The Second Coming" line-up looks thus far:

-Vanderlei Silva (c) vs. Dan Henderson (PRIDE MW Title)
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Alistair Overeem
-Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz
-Frank Trigg vs. Kazuo Misaki
-Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Travis Wiuff
-Hayato Sakurai vs. Mac Danzig

Good to see Diaz in PRIDE, he's a good fighter.

I keep hearing rumours that PRIDE is going to be bought or go under.? Latest i report i saw said despite denying it, UFC are on the verge of buying PRIDE, i hope whatever happens, and whoever get's it they keep it going....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 11:10:09 PM »

Why is everyone so big on Fedor?

Babalu, Yes the same Babalu that Chuck Liddell knocked out in just over a minute went the distance with him, Mark Coleman who was a UFC wash out had Fedor's back for almost 2 minutes and just couldnt finish him, then Got a big slam takedown.

I think he is extremely overrated.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 07:18:24 AM »

Why is everyone so big on Fedor?
Because put simply he is a fantastic fighter.

Firstly he's one of those fighters that as a person comes across as a great guy, he's not into the bullshit intimidation tactics he just get's in there and does the business.

Babalu, Yes the same Babalu that Chuck Liddell knocked out in just over a minute went the distance with him, Mark Coleman who was a UFC wash out had Fedor's back for almost 2 minutes and just couldnt finish him, then Got a big slam takedown.
That Babalu fight was in 2001, hell with most fighters you could go back through their career and pick a bad fight or two and say "Hey when they fought [Insert Name Here] they struggled whereas [Insert Name Here] demolished them".

It's like saying, look how Chuck struggled against Rampage and got his ass handed to him whereas Wanderlai, Arona, Shogun etc. all took out Rampage, but wait, Belfort and Ortiz defeated Wanderlai, but wait again, Chuck beat them....you see my point, fighters evolve, fighters have bad fights, go back into any fighters past and you will find poor fights.

And the 2 fights of Fedor's that you have slated, hell, he WON.  The mark of a good fighter is not how well they do when they are in good form, when they are on a roll, it's how well they do when they are struggling.  I've seen Fedor in a lot of tricky situations, Randleman and Hunt have taken him down but he ALWAYS recovers.  There are no perfect fighters, all fighters end up in tricky situations, a great fighter survives these situations and comes back.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 07:22:35 AM »

The following is the OFFICIAL fight order for PRIDE 33 "The Second Coming" scheduled for this Saturday in Las Vegas:

-Joachim Hansen vs. Jason Ireland [opening bout]
-Frank Trigg vs. Kazuo Misaki
-Travis Wiuff vs. James Lee
-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Sokoudjou
-Hayato Sakurai vs. Mac Danzig
-Sergei Kharitonov vs. Mike Russow
-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Alistair Overeem
-Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz
-Vanderlei Silva (c) vs. Dan Henderson (PRIDE MW Title) [main event]

Can't wait, oh and Josh Barnett is doing commentary, here's a quote from him:

I have done some commentary before and have spent many hours in front of the camera and in the ring so I have no worries about being in the commentary booth. I will also look to other great commentators for inspiration like: "Mean" Gene Okerland, Gorilla Monson, Gordon Solie and Jim Ross.

Cheesy Legend!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 07:45:26 PM »

PRIDE 33 was fantastic.  Seriously if there is ever an event that will get you into this sport it's this, i recommend any MMA fans to download it now, get your ass over to a torrent site, i won't spoil it but i will say, you get 9 fights and only one goes to a decision, it's full of great knockout and submission victories, all hail PRIDE!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: