Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash On His New Album: 'It's Just Going To Be A Bitchin' Record'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash On His New Album: 'It's Just Going To Be A Bitchin' Record'  (Read 6472 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 03, 2014, 10:44:38 PM »

SLASH On His New Album: 'It's Just Going To Be A Bitchin' Record'

Slash and his backing band, MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS, have finished recording the third album to be released under the Slash solo banner. A total of 17 songs, including one instrumental, were laid down for the follow-up to 2012's "Apocalyptic Love". Slash told U.K.'s Kerrang! magazine about the record: "Y'know, all I can tell you is that it's a really fucking great record. I'm very proud of it, but I don't want to get into, Oh, dude, it's epic,' or, 'It's the heaviest thing ever.' It's very rock and roll, and, as always, it's very diverse in feel, and I'm just super, super proud of everything that we collectively put into making the thing. It's just going to be a bitchin' record."

Regarding whether he and his bandmates have grown together as musicians and friends, Slash said: "The band has become so synergetic. I showed the music to the guys, and what they wrote flowed immediately. I was really amazed at how, from the second we started pre-production up 'till now, the record just flowed. It's rare that it happens like that. We always go into the studio to make a good album, but when you seem to be carried by an energy other than your own, you just go with it."

Slash also spoke about the recording process for the new album saying: "It's definitely a progression. We did this record to tape, and I've been recording to tape forever. I've only done VELVET REVOLVER records to Pro Tools, and I can't stand that sort of digital approach to recording drums and guitars and stuff. My first solo record was to tape, and with 'Apocalyptic Love', we decided to go in and just do it live. That was one of those record that, when you listen to it, everything sounds a certain way because we recorded it in the moment."

He continued: "I wanted to do a more produced album, where we go in and play everything live, and then we overdub the guitars. I overdubbed all of them using all the live tracks. I just wanted to get more of a dense sound and whatnot, and be able to put some overdubs on it to make things more interesting or harmonize or whatever it was. So this is more of a produced record, and that's the main progression, in my mind."

The new disc is tentatively due in September.

Slash began his official "solo" career with a self-titled 2010 album, after stints with GUNS N' ROSES, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT and VELVET REVOLVER over the years.

The legendary guitarist employed a different vocalist on each track of his first album, before settling on ALTER BRIDGE member Kennedy for both touring and eventually recording.

"Apocalyptic Love" earned Slash his two first-ever No. 1 U.S. rock radio hits with "You're A Lie" and "Standing In The Sun". The record's third single, "Anastasia", cracked the Top 10 at both Modern and Active Rock.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-his-new-album-its-just-going-to-be-a-bitchin-record/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 01:11:02 AM »

These are working titles.  17 tracks total. Will announce release date very soon. RnFn'R! iiii];

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 02:24:18 PM »

Slash:

Mix is finished on the new record! Mastering next weekend. Artwork is set. Will announce the title soon. Can't wait to unleash it! iiii]; )'

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 02:14:46 PM »

Album update from Todd Kerns:

Confessional

Posted on May 6, 2014 4:25 am by Todd Kerns

Well, brothers and sisters I can honestly say that these are very exciting times. I have been living with the mixes from the new SMK&C (Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators for the uninitiated) and I can say that this record goes beyond any expectations I could have had. There is so much I am biting my tongue about because these things are to be announced through formal channels-album title, song titles, artwork etc. Suffice it to say that it has grown to be a sprawling and diverse journey of an album. I?ve taken to calling it our Physical Graffiti due to its weight, size and diversity. In the coming weeks so many things will be revealed. I believe it is the boldest thing we could have done. All to be revealed soon enough.

I can say that we will be doing photos sooner than later as our scheduling is always dependent upon the availability of Mr Kennedy. While Myles is globetrotting with the fabulous Alter Bridge the rest of us are putting the final touches on the record and preparing ourselves for battle. Living with the record, sharpening our senses and honing our attack so that day one of rehearsal will be a mere formality. My intention is to be battle ready long before a stage is in sight.

The Let Rock Rule tour with Aerosmith has long since been announced taking us across the US and into Canada. We are filling in holes between Let Rock Rule dates taking us to Vancouver, Cleveland, Kansas City and more on our own without the mighty Aerosmith. Steven likes to take a day or two between shows. The Conspirators do not. So while the headliner rests we will be raiding and pillaging on our own before returning to the mothership. I?m chomping at the bit!

So here we are in the familiar holding pattern. The record is mixed. Next up is mastering. Simultaneously artwork is underway. Photos will be an important part of the puzzle then once everything has fallen into place a song will probably be released to the hot little ears of our brethren the world round to carry us through the summer and into September when the album will be released. I?m only speculating. Never hold me to anything I say here. This is my little domain and the tales woven here can be rife with fact or riddled with misleading fiction.
But then again maybe not.

On July 10th 2014 we will unleash Hell at Jones Beach, NY and we will continue till 2016 if I have anything to say about it. If Slash has anything to say about it we will never stop. He is an animal of the road and it all trickles down from there. We are all cut from the same cloth. Myles Kennedy lives ?on the road?. If he?s not with us he?s with AB and back and forth and back and forth perpetually. No one knows how he does it. He is a machine.
As Myles sang in We Will Roam from Apocalyptic Love

?And stil we roam now forevermore,
Tread the night on steel and stone,
And still we roam never asking more,
Where we are will be our home?

There is heavy truth in those words.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 09:53:26 PM »

Kick ass, thanks for the updates.   Cool
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 03:36:51 PM »

Nice!

looking forward to this, and the jones beach show with Aerosmith

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 02:58:27 PM »

I can hardly wait to see Slash live again, I think it will be 7th time. I love his shows. And I am sure that his album will rock. His last one was really good, loved it more and more as I listened a few times.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: