Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:43:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The saddest read in a long time
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The saddest read in a long time  (Read 7701 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 06:33:58 AM »

I mean, if violence breeds violence, then non-violence should breed non-violence. But let's face it, the "time-out" generation isn't exactly gathering daily singing kumbaya.

Yeah, I think I have to agree with you. My daughter just says "fuck you asshole"; my dad would have "stomped my shit" for that kind of talk.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 05:57:06 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 10:11:51 AM »

But, remember Steele, I don't think you can call this the "time-out" generation because the majority of parents still spank.
What is different is the fact schools and childcare workers don't use corporal punishment.  Perhaps that plays a role?  Schools are pissing me off too.  If I'm not mistaken, you are familiar with teachers Steele, right?  It's tough, teachers have so many students, and so many kids screwing up, that when a kid drops an f-bomb inappropriately, for example a big F.U. to a teacher in class, when or if the teacher tells the parent, the parent doesn't care.  The administration doesn't back the teacher up either leaving the smiling little jerks confident they can continue acting like little monsters. 

The lack of respect for adults is definitely a problem today.  It starts with the parents and has spread into the media because parents allow it to happen.  Take the Knicks game the other day.  They had a day game so there were a lot of kids at the game.  Kids were holding up signs and chanting, "Fire Isiah," (the coach of the Knicks) among other not so nice things to chant.  That is completely ridiculous.  What's worse is the newspaper rewards the behavior with a headline and pic. 

fuckin crazy, if that works in your home that's great.  Personally, expletives don't shock and/or disgust me...my wife however, she doesn't/never has cursed/sworn whatever you wanna call it.  Out of respect to her I won't allow the kids to do that. (with the exception of course if GNR tours when Axl is in his mid-50s. Smiley )  Obviously, since the kids are so little, they aren't exposed to any of that crap...yet. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: