Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:08:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Superman film franchise Rebooted
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Superman film franchise Rebooted  (Read 7250 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« on: August 22, 2008, 02:45:54 PM »

http://www.newsarama.com/film/080822-WBRebootSuperman.html

Warner Bros. has confirmed long-running rumors that it will reboot the Superman movie franchise.

Jeff Robinov, Warner Bros. Pictures Group President, tells The Wall Street Journal that the Man of Steel will be reintroduced on the big screen without regard to 2006?s Superman Returns.

?Superman didn?t quite work as a film in the way that we wanted it to,? Robinov says. ?It didn?t position the character the way he needed to be positioned. ... Had Superman worked in 2006, we would have had a movie for Christmas of this year or 2009.?

There?s no mention whether Superman Returns director Bryan Singer will be part of the reboot. Earlier this week, Variety?s Anne Thompson reported ?that it is a priority at the studio to find the right direction and if Bryan Singer is willing to do that, fine, but if he gets in the way, he may not stay on the project.?

Taking a page from Marvel, Warner Bros. has reversed its earlier position of using the now-stalled Justice League of America as a launching pad for other DC properties. Instead, it will focus on solo features to build toward a multicharacter film.

?Along those lines, we have been developing every DC character that we own,? Robinov says.

That may sound less like a ?strategy? and more like a mad cash-grab. Something else that might not sit right with some fans is Robinov?s determination to explore the darker side of super-heroes: ?We?re going to try to go dark to the extent that the characters allow it.?

According to The Journal, Warner Bros. plans to release four comic-book movies in the next three years: the third Batman installment, the Superman reboot, and two focusing on other DC Comics characters. (It?s unclear whether Watchmen is included in that count.) Likely candidates include Green Arrow/Super Max, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel and, perhaps, Jonah Hex.

As Variety reported over the weekend, Warner Bros. is expected to roll out its strategy for its DC Comics movie properties sometime within the next month.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 02:50:04 PM »

What a joke.  I have no clue how that shit of a movie ever got made/released.  It was abysmal.

WAY too early for a reboot.  It will have to be beyond amazing in order to do well.  WB really knows how to fuck up DC comics.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 03:10:36 PM »

this is what they should have done to begin with.  the Singer film was complete shit.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 03:25:13 PM »

this is what they should have done to begin with.  the Singer film was complete shit.

Seriously, the "new" film should start with superman waking up and realizing the last movie was just a BAD dream.

Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 03:45:28 PM »

Seriously, the "new" film should start with superman waking up and realizing the last movie was just a BAD dream.

Yeah, like in Dallas...

Christopher Reeve can never be replaced, they should just forget the reboot.

Edit. tired and mixed last name with George Reeves
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:50:19 PM by Rockin' Rose » Logged

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 09:17:04 AM »

Bring on an Aqua Man movie Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Chief
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 01:49:17 PM »

interesting.. .i hope they can make it good and worthy!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 04:52:31 PM »

Kinda makes me sad.  Is WB so clueless that they think all there properties need to be done in the same dark and realistic vain as Dark Knight?  I know Superman Returns left a lot to be wanted, but I still feel like it had a heart, and established  something that they could move forward with. As long as they sent the superkid away to camp or something.  Oh well.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »

I really like Superman Returns - despite its flaws (too many people mean land costs loads - kill loads of people and the land price will rise.....eh??)

....a reboot was obviously what they should have done though

After Superman 3 and 4 the series was finished as a credible entity - adding another entry was daft

I thought they were up to something was up when 'The man of steel' got pushed back

...but how do you reboot Superman? The character has a fundamental flaw - he cant be beaten, rendering any film largely pointless

Unless they make Superman mortal it cant work - but how do you make a mortal Superman?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

I hear that argument a lot in regards to Superman.  But I think that if you have a threat big enough to the planet, and have well developed characters that you care about threatened, then it doesnt matter that Superman is invulnerable. Also, treat Clark like he is an actual person and not a disguise.  Thats a common misconseption. Such a great character needs a bad-ass movie.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 06:50:35 PM »

I thought the special effects in Superman Returns were fucking awesome.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »

Actually, the movie isnt as hated as internet message boards would make you believe.  But I guess thats the case with everything.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »

I appreciated the movie for what it was, and enjoyed all the nods to the original.  Still couldn't get past the kid, though.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 02:09:40 AM »

Yeah, I dont really know what they were thinking with the kid.  I guess we'll never know...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 09:34:24 AM »

Superman is my fave comic book hero and SR was fucking embarrassing. What a piece of shit that movie was

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 10:21:13 AM »

Superman is my fave comic book hero and SR was fucking embarrassing. What a piece of shit that movie was

I've often wondered what there is to like about Superman

He's basically a Republican who cant die - 'truth, justice and the American way' - hell, thats enough to have us join Lex Luther's gang let alone back him as a villian...

I enjoy the special effects but I cant find anything to like about the character himself - because he's utterly 2-D

Clark Kent however is a very intresting character

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »

Superman IV - the only movie to have a credible threat to Superman without the use of Kriptonite. They need to do something similar for the reboot. No fucking Kriptonite!

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 08:15:26 PM »

I really like Superman Returns - despite its flaws (too many people mean land costs loads - kill loads of people and the land price will rise.....eh??)

....a reboot was obviously what they should have done though

After Superman 3 and 4 the series was finished as a credible entity - adding another entry was daft

I thought they were up to something was up when 'The man of steel' got pushed back

...but how do you reboot Superman? The character has a fundamental flaw - he cant be beaten, rendering any film largely pointless

Unless they make Superman mortal it cant work - but how do you make a mortal Superman?

the problem is hes never pitted against any villains that are worthy rivals.  lex luthor can't really fight him.  he'd be a good behind the scenes type villain.

they should have brought darkseid on to fight supes.  doomsday is another character who could (did) defeat superman.  brainiac is another good one. 

he didn't even fight anyone in Superman Returns!!!  the finale was him picking up a giant rock!?!?!?

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 08:27:03 PM »

umm guys what about superman II?Huh he fights 3 people with the same powers as him.

anyway, this news is really surprising to me, i liked superman returns and i was looking forward to a sequel. i think a reboot this soon is strange.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 12:36:44 AM »

^^ whoops, forgot about Zod.  Love Supes 2, such a great movie.  So many iconic scenes in that one.

reboot this soon is TOTALLY weird, but makes sense.  Superman should be a blockbuster on iron man/dark knight levels, instead we got a shit shitty movie.

i think it will be ok as many people would like to forget it Wink  Whats strange is how it will just be in this phantom zone (hehe) between Superman 1-4 and the reboot.

who is going to be the new supes? will they get a semi-name like they did for batman?  will they go all WB/CW and cast former disney channel stars?

going "darker" with superman would be RETARDED.  you can keep it light and still entertaining in a grown up way.

hard to believe these hollywood execs get paid millions to fuck up all of our favorite characters  hihi

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: