Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:08:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Angry rant at Industry ...Rock n Roll Hall of Fame crowd...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Angry rant at Industry ...Rock n Roll Hall of Fame crowd...  (Read 3026 times)
ecwfan
Rocker

« on: April 23, 2012, 12:30:58 AM »

It was a nice night when Guns n Roses went into the Hall of Fame. I admit...as a fan I liked that now Slash and the rest are considered really Rock royalty and are on a high level like the ones they idolized. I also liked how Axl wrote his letter to inform the fans and those attending the show he wouldn't be there. It was a classy move to inform the Hall they would have to do other things . Rose was so nice he said they could take his name off if it made things better. Instead... the Hall of Fame and people in attendance acted as classless fucks.

Whenever Rose was mentioned to be mocked by Chris Rock , who really ...hasn't had a hit movie in years....fans would boo his name. These same industry fucks who were ready to suck off Axl the moment he stepped on stage. Suddenly turned into a bunch of demanding people and proved Rose right about the ego and audacity of them.

In booing him , you basically made yourselves worthless. Your actions summed up that the Hall of Fame is a shame and continues to be one . Continue to keep booing. But I'm sure wherever Rose is , he's happy. He's touring the world and can give 2 fucks about you all.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »

The audience acted as pricks I agree.

The Chris Rock joke I'm sure Axl would've laughed at himself if he heard it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 01:10:10 AM »

Overall, there's nothing to be angry about.

It's a footnote in a band's career.

I kind of wish a bunch of delivery guys came in and gave everyone pizza,and stuck Jann Wenner with the bill.

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:57:38 AM »

Nothing suprises me. So basically they all acted like babies and would of taken a temper tantrum if they could without looking like complete morons. This is exactly why Axl boycotted the whole circus.

The former members especially $la$h and Adler made complete jackasses of themselves along the way. "He hates my guts" well fuck you prick go cry a fuckin' river. Then you have the other ass clown calling GNR scabs and hacks.  Roll Eyes

Anyway as raindogs70 mentioned this is just a little footnote in the history of GNR. They have been through much worse than this.

Can't wait until the tour starts!

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 09:01:47 AM »

Chris Rock hasn't had a hit movie in awhile? Great standup but has he ever STARRED in a great movie? I saw him at a GN'R show, 2002?, at MSG. A few days later the gossip page in the NYPost had a blurb on how he was backstage and was denied entrance to Axl's private area. Apparently he was thrown for a loop a bit (the article never said he was a prick about it) but being a NY celebrity he normally has thebrun of the City.
Besides the RRHOF doesn't have the credibility of the Baseball or FOotball HOF so it should not be looked at a snub to those already inducted.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 09:51:10 AM »

Chris Rock hasn't had a hit movie in awhile? Great standup but has he ever STARRED in a great movie? I saw him at a GN'R show, 2002?, at MSG. A few days later the gossip page in the NYPost had a blurb on how he was backstage and was denied entrance to Axl's private area. Apparently he was thrown for a loop a bit (the article never said he was a prick about it) but being a NY celebrity he normally has thebrun of the City.
Besides the RRHOF doesn't have the credibility of the Baseball or FOotball HOF so it should not be looked at a snub to those already inducted.

Good Hair was good. Chris Rock Show was great "back in the day". He should stick to standup and documentaries.

My guess on why he was thrown for a loop - Adam Sandler lives in Santa Monica, so I'm sure he's been over Adam's house for a party or two, or Adam's been over there, esp. around Big Daddy time. Chris Rock prob. met him there, and you know that Axl comes across as easygoing and laid back, joking, etc etc. I think he figured at the show he could go visit him backstage. Axl was in the zone, and most performers respect that time.

Chris stepped on Eddie Murphy's toes by pissing all over him on SNL. He also said something that got Sean Penn pissed off... some people got their panties twisted about his Axl comment? Silly. Don't hire a standup to present an award!

The talk about Axl being a funny storyteller - maybe he should do some shows where all he does is talk for the night? I don't think he realizes he could get paid to do that, and people would come see it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: