Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:29:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  News: Charles Manson sent to gas chamber
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: News: Charles Manson sent to gas chamber  (Read 4909 times)
shaun
« on: March 29, 2006, 07:55:30 AM »

1971: Manson sent to gas chamber
Charles Manson and three members of his hippy cult have been sentenced to death in Los Angeles.

They were found guilty of the August 1969 murders of seven people and one unborn child at the beginning of the year.

Their victims included eight-months pregnant actress Sharon Tate - wife of film director Roman Polanski.

You're not nearly as good as me

Charles Manson
None of the defendants heard their verdicts as they were ejected from the courtroom for disrupting proceedings - as they had done several times during the nine month trial.

Manson, 36, was led out after telling the judge and jury: "you don't have any authority over me. You're not nearly as good as me."

His accomplices - Susan Atkins, 22, Patricia Krenwinkel, 23 and Leslie Van Houten, 21 - were dragged screaming from court.

Ms Atkins shouted: "It's gonna come down hard. Lock your doors. Protect your kids."

The prosecution - led by Vincent Bugliosi - depicted Manson as a satanic monster who controlled the women whom he described as "mindless robots".

Jury member Marie Mesmer said: "He was the leader, the worst...I think he's a dangerous influence on society, highly dangerous."

The women - who, like Manson, had shaved their heads - admitted carrying out the killings under the influence of the hallucinogenic drug LSD but denied Manson's involvement.

It took the jury 10 hours to give their verdict in a case that has cost the state of California over ?400,000 (over $1m).

As well as the Tate murder Atkins, Krenwinkel and Manson were condemned for killing Polish writer Voyteck Frykowski, coffee heiress Abigail Folger, Hollywood hairdresser Jay Sebring and a friend of Sharon Tate's caretaker, Steven Parent.

Ms Van Houten was sentenced for murdering supermarket owner Leno la Blanca and his wife.

Judge Charles Older said he would pass formal sentence on 16 April, when he may reduce the punishments to life imprisonment, but it is considered unlikely he will do so.

Manson is expected to be confined to the notorious 'death row' in San Quentin to wait for the final outcome of his - automatic - appeal.

Axl + the Red Charles Manson T-Shirt
http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/viewpic.php?id=12335
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 08:03:19 AM »

Yeah....

Bad Obsession material maybe?  Just because he's one of Axl's musical influences, doesn't make this story GNR related.  That's like having a thread here about Elton John being gay.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
godiva
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 08:09:07 AM »

Okay, Axl wore a Charles Manson shirt and he covered one of Manson's songs, which BTW is rumoured not to be written by Manson at all. I fail to see the relevance though.  Huh
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 08:22:24 AM »

This is like 30+ years old. Charles Manson is still alive and kickin' it in a jail in California.
shaun
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 08:22:40 AM »

point(s) taken. Still, it is true unlike alot of the BS that's appearing on here at the mo on the Gn'R front  ok

my mistake, the BBC reported it like it was new. I thought it was an apdate
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/29/newsid_2746000/2746329.stm

There's a good audio link on their:
BBC Radio's World Tonight broadcasts Charles Manson: "I'm the product of what I've been through"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 08:25:54 AM by D0badog » Logged
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 08:38:26 AM »

lol, check the first letters dude

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 08:42:58 AM »

And what does this have to do with Gn'R?
godiva
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 08:57:54 AM »

Hi Dobadog,  now I understand why you posted this. Well, it is really old, but thanks for your effort anyway.
point(s) taken. Still, it is true unlike alot of the BS that's appearing on here at the mo on the Gn'R front  : ok

and that is so true  hihi
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 09:01:38 AM »

i thought he got gassed last night or something...wtf rant

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »

He released an album "lie" that includes "look at your game girl" in march 1970 to fund his own defense. ring a bell, MandyGnR?

confused

Charles Manson sent to gas chamber

Wikipedia says otherwise.

"The death sentence was later automatically commuted to life in prison after the California Supreme Court's People v. Anderson decision resulted in the invalidation of all death sentences imposed in California prior to 1972. The killers, giggling in court, were asked if they felt remorse, and gave answers that indicated they did not."

"He is currently serving a lifetime sentence in California's Corcoran State Prison, and is up for parole in 2007."
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 09:44:58 AM »

Out of curiosity, why did this one end up here?  Charles Manson was a musician (no matter how bad he sounded).  hihi

Oh dear.  Yeah, Chuckie's up for parole again soon, but you know he hasn't become any less crazy while he's been in jail.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
conny
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 09:07:56 PM »

Out of curiosity, why did this one end up here?? Charles Manson was a musician (no matter how bad he sounded).? hihi

Well Charlie's a man of many talents...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006, 06:12:53 PM »

He released an album "lie" that includes "look at your game girl" in march 1970 to fund his own defense. ring a bell, MandyGnR?

Of course it does, but what I meant was that it shouldn't be in the Gn'R section. Now they've moved to the Off Topic one Wink
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 05:22:35 PM »

Helter Skelter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PIG!!!!!

Gonna go kill some piggies tonite!!!!!!!!!
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 06:30:52 AM »

Out of curiosity, why did this one end up here?? Charles Manson was a musician (no matter how bad he sounded).? hihi

Well Charlie's a man of many talents...

yes he is... hes very entertaining...
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 03:36:03 AM »

Charles wrote the lyrics for Look at your game girl, so it was technically his song.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 04:11:08 AM »

Charles wrote the lyrics for Look at your game girl, so it was technically his song.

Very true!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: