Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The eternal "Chinese Democracy"/"Contraband" debate.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The eternal "Chinese Democracy"/"Contraband" debate.  (Read 7972 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« on: June 10, 2004, 10:06:12 PM »

Argh!

After reading the other thread about how "Chinese Democracy" will blow "Contraband" away, and the senseless bickering over who's opinion means more than someone else's, and the eternal conflict between Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver, I've simply been reminded as to why I can't be bothered to post here more often.

Since basically everyone else here posted their opinons of "Contraband" already, then fuck, I might as well toss mine into the hat too!

Like many others, I was severely disappointed in this album. Now, since I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, then that means that I don't appreciate good music or something to that effect, right? If that's how you're thinking, then fuck off. I will say, the album didn't suck, but it sure isn't the greatest album since 1987 as K-Rock foolishly referred to it as. Sure, I definitely enjoyed "Sucker Train Blues", "Headspace", "Set Me Free", "Slither" and "Dirty Little Thing", and hell, "You Got No Right" was pretty good too, but the rest of the album did seem very mediocre and average to me. The music itself was pretty good, but Weiland's lyrics left alot to be desired.

I must also say that I'm concerned about Slash. Sure, the guy is one of the reasons why I play guitar in the first place, but for him to compare "Fall To Pieces" to "November Rain" was beyond ridiculous. Sure, musically, it was a very good ballad, but what the fuck is up with the lyrics? They're not even close lyrically! I literally thought my CD was skipping because all I heard was the chorus over and over again. Let me also go back to the lyrics. "Everytime I'm falling down, all alone I fall to pieces". It seems as though Weiland wasn't even really trying. I think that maybe I like "Dirty Little Thing" because Keith Nelson from Buckcherry co-wrote it, which helps. Weiland shouldn't have been greedy about the writing credits. I'm sure the tracks co-written with Izzy were much much better lyrics-wise, and a few should have made the final cut.

Basically, to sum it up: "Contraband" is better than alot of shit around today, but it sure as fuck isn't the best CD released since 1987. Bands like The Wildhearts, Buckcherry, The Darkness, and Beautiful Creatures have all released way better albums than this. Just because Slash, Duff, and Matt are in this band doesn't mean that anything they release will be amazing. Weiland really wasn't the right person to be fronting this band at all, in my ever so humble opinion.

My conclusion? When "Chinese Democracy" is released, it is going to blow "Contraband" out of the water. The title track, "Madagascar", and "The Blues" smoke anything on "Contraband". Is my opinion weighed more heavily than anyone else's? Of course not. It just blows my mind that TyRod and K-Rock can make silly comments such as "If CD is half as good as VR, then I'll be happy". Well, you're both in for a treat then, because "Contraband" won't even have a leg to stand on when Axl puts out CD. You both know that its going to be a great CD, but you both need to save face and won't admit it, but hey, whatever suits you.

OH OH! LOOK, HE'S AN AXL SUPPORTER, I KNEW IT! True, I support Axl, but I will be the first to admit, the guy isn't perfect. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that Slash, Duff, and Matt are invincible and/or excused either. If you like "Contraband", great. If you were somewhat disappointed in it like I was, whatever. If you're like K-Rock and think that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, then fine. It may be a little scary, but fine.

Fuck, I'm almost afraid to see the threads that are sure to be coming when "Chinese Democracy" is released. Remind me to take shelter.

Again, I'm sorry for ranting, but the juvenile antics by the people on this board are just becoming too much to handle. Stop the first grade bickering, and let it fucking be already!

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 08:46:21 AM »

Like many others, I was severely disappointed in this album. Now, since I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, then that means that I don't appreciate good music or something to that effect, right? If that's how you're thinking, then fuck off. I will say, the album didn't suck, but it sure isn't the greatest album since 1987 as K-Rock foolishly referred to it as. Sure, I definitely enjoyed "Sucker Train Blues", "Headspace", "Set Me Free", "Slither" and "Dirty Little Thing", and hell, "You Got No Right" was pretty good too, but the rest of the album did seem very mediocre and average to me. The music itself was pretty good, but Weiland's lyrics left alot to be desired.

Good rant Jeff! holy shit. feel better? hope so. I agree the endless comparrisons are stupid and pointless.  The only thing tying VR guy to Axl happened 9-10 years ago. Let it be. but the reason for quoting you is. You say the album is a severe disappointment but meanwhile you enjoyed 6 of the 13 songs on it. Come on people. when is the last time you've honestly bought an album and liked half the songs on it. Or how may albums in the last 5-6 years had 6 good songs on them. That just shows how high everyone places these guys.  And probably if Axl doesn't produce every song on CD as a masterpeice then it will suck too (Mind you after 10 fucking years every song should be a god-damn masterpiece). We have to have a reasonable level of expectancy for Axl and VR (If you chose to like them).  They are only musicians & people. Not gods. (Even if you think they are, they are not, Axl included)

RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:19:19 AM »

Jeff,

I agree with you completely.  Don't worry about it, the radio guys have it in for Axl and therefore they will pump up VR in the process.  The members of VR are somewhat nice guys to the media and it is cool to like them.  The best thing would be that Axl puts out a great album(s) and shuts these idiots up.  Then grants no interviews and make a song like get in the ring for all these motherfuckers.  

Ritz Reeves III
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 03:16:18 PM »

Phew!

Well, at least there's still SOME rational thinking people around here after all! (I was just about to condemn most of the people here for swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool, but I'll save that rant for some other time.)  Grin

Anyway, not to sound like an asshole Neemo, as this isn't my intention, but there have been quite a few releases over the past few years where I've liked every single track off of it. (The Darkness, Hanoi Rocks, Buckcherry, Beautiful Creatures, and a few others.) And, I wasn't trying to say that most of the songs sucked, as they were average rock songs, but just that, average. The hype around the band made every song sound like an epic classic and that just wasn't the case. (Again - my opinion.)

And Ritz, yep, all it takes is just a little (more) patience, sadly.

-Jeff

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 03:34:40 PM »

My opinion on that is they are just tooting their own horn.  They aren't gonna go around and say. This album is just average. No they are gonna say it Kicks ass! Check it out. Now I Didn't say that It was the most incredible album ever or anything, But it's pretty fucking good IMO. You can put it on and listen to the whole thing IMO. Which is, in this day and age, a musical accomplishment. and if you have bought "4 albums and a few others" which you can say every song kicks alot of ass, then that is great. (I can count on 1 hand how many albums I can listen to all the way through that are 5 years old or newer. But I judge music pretty harshly, And I love VR! And I do think they go back to a time when rock was better. Now I haven't listened to The Darkness album but the songs I have heard the vocals are brutal! That guy cannot sing. I'm sorry) but how many albums have you bought or heard in the last few years that you can't believe they even got money to record the damn thing? I have heard way too many!

Also, what are we expecting from CD?  "Apparently" Axl has said that the blues and madagascar are "B-Side's" so what the fuck is that cause IMO both could match up with Gun's old masterpieces. So that means an album of higher quality tunes than AFD, Lies, UYI I&II all put together.  I don't fuckin think so!!!  Not even if Axl works on it for the rest of his life and it's released after he dies!!  For you people who think it will I'm sure you'll be among the first to slam it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 03:40:25 PM by Neemo » Logged

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 04:32:24 PM »

Jeff....Jeff....Jeff,

First off you are the only person that knows Hanoi Rocks released an album in the past few years, that right there just voided your opinion (j/k).

Secondly, I think that all of these comparisons are pointless. This board is a carbon copy of Israel. There are Axl Supporters and there are Slash Supporters, and much like the Jews and the Palestinians they will never agree. It's funny actually, up until Contraband came out Axl Supporters called Axl the best front man in Rock and Roll. As soon as Contraband was called a "Straight Ahead Kick Ass Rock Album" the Axl Supporters started crying about how GnR isn't Rock and Roll it is music which takes on many forms and VR fans need to broaden there musical horizons. I know that everything is opinion based but has anyone sat and listened to Contraband front to back and said to themselves at some point that it is unlistenable? You are all delusional if you think that CD is going to be 16 #1 tracks of deeply moving inspired music. Think about it....to date what is GnR's best album? Illusion 2? Illusion 1? both of those albums are full of filler songs which are chock full of the cliches that Axl doesn't use. Shotgun Blues, My World (I can't wait for the "If you don't like My World then you don't understand it" people to pop up) are terrible filler songs. Bad Apples "One bad apple will spoil the whole damn bunch"........."Axl doesn't write shit Lyrics like Scott Weiland that is full of Cliches".......that is a fucking laughable quote.

Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 05:43:29 PM »

First of all, I hope you feel better after spouting off your shit. That's fine that you don't like the album, but don't complain about senseless, first grade behavior and comparisons if you're going to make a statement like this:

When "Chinese Democracy" is released, it is going to blow "Contraband" out of the water. The title track, "Madagascar", and "The Blues" smoke anything on "Contraband".

And "when CD is released"? How do you know that it will be, and how do you know that it will be better than Contraband? Aside from the two tracks that you mentioned, the rest of Chinese Democracy could be worthless shit. I'm not saying it will be, but you don't know that.

Now, since I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, then that means that I don't appreciate good music or something to that effect, right? If that's how you're thinking, then fuck off. I will say, the album didn't suck, but it sure isn't the greatest album since 1987 as K-Rock foolishly referred to it as.

If you want your opinion respected, then you need to respect other people's opinions as well - such as not calling them foolish. K-Rock can think this is the greatest album EVER if he wants to. So your opinion is fine, but K-Rock's (and TyRod's) is foolish/silly? What makes that so? I just think it's stupid that you said people bicker over whose opinion means more, yet you seem to think your opinion has more weight over theirs.

Since basically everyone else here posted their opinons of "Contraband" already, then fuck, I might as well toss mine into the hat too!

This is probably what everyone is thinking - you're just doing what everyone else does.

True, I support Axl, but I will be the first to admit, the guy isn't perfect. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that Slash, Duff, and Matt are invincible and/or excused either.

"Excused" for what - making an album? God that is RIDICULOUS! And no one said they are "invincible" either. Just because some people happen to like their album, doesn't mean people think they are "invincible and/or excused." So people can't truly like Contraband - if they like it they are just "excusing" them?

I must also say that I'm concerned about Slash. Sure, the guy is one of the reasons why I play guitar in the first place, but for him to compare "Fall To Pieces" to "November Rain" was beyond ridiculous.

As for Slash's comparisons between Fall To Pieces and November Rain, is there some law that states he is not allowed to compare his own past and present work? If you don't think the song compares to November Rain, that's your own damned opinion. I have said this before, because some people act like he isn't allowed to have an opinion (that doesn't match their own).

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 12:19:46 AM »

(Sigh)

Now, in the last few responses to this topic, there were examples of how to write a response, and examples of how NOT to write a response.

Neemo and C0ma, good job, guys, your responses at least made sense, had good arguments, were well-written, etc.. (And I expected nothing less from C0ma anyway.)

Its obvious, however, that Imfuckincrazy really didn't read my original post all too well, so, lemme get into this now. (I might have to put my shallow end of the gene pool rant up after all.)

POINT #1: You're damn motherfuckin' skippy that I'm bickering about who's opinion means more, but where did I say that my opinion means more than someone else's? I clearly said that my opinion is exactly what it says it is, and I clearly said that no-one's opinion (and that means mine as well) should be weighted more than another person's. I may have said that Ty and K-Rock's opinions were foolish, but guess what? Its still their opinion and (GASP!) they're entitled to it! If I agreed with their opinions whole-heartedly, then I wouldn't have had to post in the first place, now would I?

POINT #2: Where did I say that Slash/Duff/Matt shouldn't be excused from making an album? Again, if you truly took the time to read my original post, then you would have understood (hopefully) that I meant that just because they made an album, it does not have to be great, and it does NOT, I repeat does NOT make them any better or put them on a higher plateau than Axl. They are open to critcism just like anyone else. And again, this all comes down to personal opinions anyway, so there's no fine line to say who's right and who isn't. But oh yeah, you're right, Slash, Duff, and Matt released an album! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! Give me a fucking break!

POINT #4: Slash isn't allowed to compare his past and present work? Yup, guess what? I called Slash after I posted that, and I told him that since he compared "Fall To Pieces" to "November Rain" that he isn't allowed to state his OPINION ever again. I told him that it was ridiculous, and next time, he'd have to keep his OPINIONS to himself. He said "Alright, dude. No problem!" And after I did that, I checked a law book, and it clearly said in black and white "No artist, especially ex-members of Guns N' Roses are allowed to compare their past work with their current work." I faxed a copy to Slash to back up my phone call too. Axl was quite pleased to hear about all of this. You guessed it - I called him too!

CONCLUSION: Quite frankly, I don't give a fuck who agrees with/respects my opinion and who doesn't. The world is an imperfect place. I mean, hell, CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?! After all - THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY POST WAS TO GIVE MY OPINION ON THE SUBJECT! YOU QUOTED MY POST WHERE I SAID THAT!

Now, back to my "shallow end of the gene pool" rant...

-Jeff
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 12:28:07 AM by BurningHills » Logged

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 02:06:51 AM »

since he compared "Fall To Pieces" to "November Rain"

Can you post this quote, and where it came from?
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2004, 02:55:09 AM »

Now, in the last few responses to this topic, there were examples of how to write a response, and examples of how NOT to write a response.

Oh, I see - the example of a good response is one that agrees with you.

POINT #1: You're damn motherfuckin' skippy that I'm bickering about who's opinion means more

Then don't bitch about other people doing it. I'm just saying that you are doing just what everyone else does. What gives you the right and not others?

where did I say that my opinion means more than someone else's?

You didn't. In fact, you stated otherwise. I just thought calling other people's opinions foolish and silly implied you thought your opinion somehow holds greater value than theirs, which contradicts your post. But, that's just me, I suppose.

If I agreed with their opinions whole-heartedly, then I wouldn't have had to post in the first place, now would I?

If you respected their opinions at all, you wouldn't have posted your rant calling their opinions foolish and silly. And I'm not saying you have to respect their opinions, but you're the one who posted saying that no one's opinion means more than someone else's.

POINT #2: Where did I say that Slash/Duff/Matt shouldn't be excused from making an album? Again, if you truly took the time to read my original post, then you would have understood (hopefully) that I meant that just because they made an album, it does not have to be great, and it does NOT, I repeat does NOT make them any better or put them on a higher plateau than Axl.

No one said the album has to be great, just because they did it. Where the fuck did you get an idea like that? A lot of people do not like the album, or think of it as an average album. And a lot of people really like it. But you can't say that all the people who claim it is a good album are saying it only because they are biased, "excusing" them, or think they are "invincible." You don't know the reason behind everyone else's opinions.

And as for who is on the higher plateau, we'll see when Chinese Democracy is released. No, it does not make them better to have an album out (talent wise) but I do think they are on a much higher plateau simply for giving a fuck about their fans. Though, you're right, that's based on opinions, and that's mine. Call it foolish or whatever you like, I DON'T CARE.

THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY POST WAS TO GIVE MY OPINION ON THE SUBJECT! YOU QUOTED MY POST WHERE I SAID THAT!

I just found it ironic that you were talking about the conflict between Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver, and the childish bickering being the reason why you don't bother to post here very often, and then you make a comment like this: When "Chinese Democracy" is released, it is going to blow "Contraband" out of the water. The title track, "Madagascar", and "The Blues" smoke anything on "Contraband".   I'm not saying that it's wrong to give your opinions, but don't bitch that others do it. Anyone who states their opinion to anyone, anywhere, is opening themselves up to discussion or arguments.

That's what I would like to know too - people claim he said it but I've never seen it.

Even if he did say it, who fucking cares? BurningHills, I don't know why you say you're "concerned" (probably meaning that you find his opinions "foolish" or "silly") about him expressing his OWN opinion about his OWN music!

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2004, 11:27:42 AM »

since he compared "Fall To Pieces" to "November Rain"

Here's the quote, but I'm not sure Slash says it.....I think it's the writer making this comparison.

March, 2004
Shooting from the hip (Velvet Revolver)
Classsic Rock magazine, March 2004

Shooting from the hip
Velvet Revolver fuse the spirit of Stone Temple Pilots with the firepower of Guns N? Roses. But the band may already have an appetite for self-destruction. Classic Rock talks to Slash about the Next Big Thing. In the line of fire: Jon Hotten
SLASH IS TALKING IN HIS FAMILIAR, woozy, SoCal drawl: ?Hey, it?s the second day of this fucking two-day picture shoot, man. You can always tell when you got a record coming out, because all this bullshit starts up again??

As laid-back and straight as he might be these days, the guitarist can?t keep the excitement out of his voice when he talks about this particular new record of his, though. Because for all of the knockabout rock?n?roll kicks of Snakepit and the many other GN?R spin-offs and side projects, Velvet Revolver represents a return t the big-time for assorted members of two of the last decade?s biggest bands: Guns N? Roses and Stone Temple Pilots.

Ex-GN?R men Slash, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum began jamming around again in 2001. As their writing gathered momentum and the good vibes returned, in his head Slash began hearing one particular vice singing their material: that of Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland. Slash sent the STP singer a CD of some of their songs, and word came back that Weiland liked them very much.

It was never going to be that easy, though. It took Weiland a year to disentangle himself from the mess that STP had become. The GN?R three had by then become four with the addition of guitarist Dave Kushner, a friend of Slash?s since junior high school.

?Eventually,? Slash says, ?after we?d been through this tortuous process of trying to find a singer, doing however many fucking auditions, we got this offer to do a couple of movie soundtracks. So I said t Scott, let?s just hang out and make music. But right from the start it was this great thing ? that doesn?t usually happen twice. It was very organic and natural. We hooked up in April last year and we wrote over the summer. We did one gig just for the fuck of it, and that really cemented it. You can sometimes get away with shit in the studio, but there?s nowhere to hide up on stage. It was just that chemistry right away. Why we all work together, I don?t know.?

The gig was at a small theatre, the El Rey in Los Angeles, and it was the first time that Slash had ever seen Weiland sing live; the singer?s skill and passion enthralled him. With the deal sealed, the band recorded their as yet untitled album in the last three months of 2003, co-producing with Josh Abraham. They boiled down the final running order from some 50 original songs.

?I?m telling you, every fucking track of these twelve is something different,? Slash says of the results. ?It?s like a journey. There are no fillers. Every song has its own vibe. It?s a really fucking killer record.?

The stand-out tunes are ?Slither,? a song that Weiland describes as having ?that STP vibe,? and ?Falling To Pieces,? a show-stopping ballad in the manner of GN?R?s ?November Rain.? There?s even ?an older punk track,? ?Illegal Eye.?

Weiland, too, has been seduced by the combination of sounds: ?It?s a true representation of STP?s music and also the best of Guns N? Roses? music when they were at their best ? vicious, streamlined, living off strippers.?

Just one dark cloud has blighted this idyllic horizon: as the band worked on the album, Weiland had to go back into rehab, falling victim once again to his well-known junk habit. It meant that Slash and co were once more working with a singer whose behaviour was affecting the course of their professional lives. How come?

?All things considered,? Slash replies, ?if you?d given me a handful of resumes I?d avoid the ones that said ?irretrievable junkie? on them, but in reality Scott?s dealing with stuff. He?s such an amazing talent.?

Clean again, Weiland is back taking a full part in the build-up t the album?s release, expected to be in the spring through RCA/BMG. However, the true test will come when the band hit the road. Plans include some low-key English and European dates around the release of the album, followed by some extensive work in America.

?I would like to think that being in the band has helped Scott,? Slash says. ?But you would have to ask him. I hope that working with us has made it a little easier, man. I mean, shit, we?ve all had our problems in the past.?

Velvet Revolver are attempting to absorb those lessons and learn from them, in both a personal and business sense.

?As na?ve as it sounds, we didn?t want any of this bullshit about X amount of dollars for this or whatever; all the obvious things. My whole thing was just to have a fucking amazing rock?n?roll band. Scott was the only guy who had that voice, what we thought was a genuine rock?n?roll voice. For most artists today it?s not about rock?n?roll anymore, but it is for us. I don?t care about baggage or any of that shit. It?s not my big concern what everyone is going to think. I don?t have time to sort them all out. I just want the record to come out and to go on the road. I don?t care what size theatres or arenas or whatever, just fucking play, man. That?s what it?s about, after all.

?We lost sight of that in Guns. Once we?d played a stadium Axl would never go back, it was stadiums or nothing. But to me it?s about being close to the crowd, too. I thought I?d got it out of my system with Snakepit, which was a kind of haphazard, thrown-together thing, but it never really goes.?

To that end, Velvet Revolver are expected to play in the UK this spring.

?Hey, you gotta remember I was born there, man,? Slash says. ?Stoke-on-Trent. And we just have very warm feelings about it there, from that first time with Guns. I just feel partial to the place. It seems like people take you at face value there.?

And with that, Slash is off to face the cameras and kick the big machine into action.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 11:29:21 AM by C0ma » Logged
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 12:32:48 PM »

Nope, Slash didn't make that comparison in this article - his quote ended in the paragraph above - so if this is the article that everyone has been referring to, you people are so desperate to look for shit it's not even funny. People are making it seem as if he stated that FTP is as good or better than NR. And even if he had, or did at another time, I still don't see the problem.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 04:35:14 PM »

Here's the quote, but I'm not sure Slash says it.....I think it's the writer making this comparison.

Exactly.
K-Rock
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2004, 05:00:50 PM »

The eternal Chinese Democracy/Contraband debate huh?

I guess that begins when CD is released.

MY Top 3 albums since AFD:
1. Contraband
2. Permission To Land
3. Beautiful Creatures

As a kid, my first taste of music, thanks to my rock 'n' roll mother, was: The Beatles, Paul McCartney & The Wings, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, BTO, Bad Company, Black Sabbath.....the list can go on & on.

My early teen years I moved on to Motley Crue (Too Fast For Love era), Judas Priest, Ted Nugent, Metallica (Kill 'Em All Era), Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Ozzy Ozbourne, Dio, Def Leppard.

I then listened to nothing but thrash for a couple years.....then AFD pulled me to a place musically where I still exist today.

So for me, YES.....Contraband is like a bottle of Coca-Cola for somebody who lived off of just water for a decade.

But yeah, Jeffery.....I read your   Roll Eyes  and your   no  and I'm still   Cheesy  cuz IN MY WORLD, Contaband is   drool   beer   smoking   love   ok   Grin  

so   Kiss
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 05:04:59 PM by K-Rock » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2004, 12:47:31 AM »

I took a sabbatical from posting today (hella busy), but since I'm winding down, I can respond to a few of these posts.

Where to begin?

I'm not even too sure if I want to bother with Imfuckincrazy's responses, because its obvious that she doesn't take the time to thoroughly read what I write in the first place, so its pretty much useless trying to respond to someone who doesn't have a clue as to what I'm talking about.

I never, ever said that my opinion was better than anyone else's, and even though I called K-Rock's opinion of "Contraband" foolish, that doesn't mean that I don't respect it. Hell, his other two top CDs since AFD were The Darkness' "Permission To Land", and Beautiful Creatures' self-titled debut, and those two are on my list as well. So, hey, we have 2/3 in common with each other there already. I respect his opinion, albeit, I don't agree with it. And yes, Imfuckincrazy, I said that no-one's opinion is better than anyone else's, INCLUDING MINE. So, fuck, if we're all on equal ground to begin with, then why shouldn't I have posted my rant? Its good for the soul I tell ya! (That, and I get pissed off really easily.) ok

Besides, I posted than certain people's opinions were foolish, but I didn't tell them to stop posting them, now did I? Didn't think so! This is, after all, a free country. Democracy, don't you love it?  peace

Also, we found out that Slash never compared "Fall To Pieces" to "November Rain", and that some interviewer FOOLISHLY compared them. That's right, Imfuckincrazy, he was FOOLISH to compare the two! Again, I can respect his opinion, but that doesn't fucking means that I'm going to accept it. Personally, I think he was smoking some funny shit to compare the two, but again, that's just me. Oops, there I go, not respecting other people's opinions again! Such a pity.  confused

By the way, I'm not "deperate to look for shit", I remember someone posting the quote, so I used it in my post, no harm, no foul. I'm not perfect, nor have I ever claimed to be.

And hey, K-Rock, like I said dude, if you think that "Contraband" is great, then I'm glad you like it. As I said, its not a horrible album, I just find it pretty bland. If you dig it, you dig it, and hey, that's what music is, right? Fuck, I like The Darkness, you like The Darkness, and Neemo can't stand Justin Hawkins' voice. Now, I may disagree, but does that change his opinion? Probably not. Its his opinion, and its cool. Hell, he's foolish for not liking Justin's voice.  Grin (Just kidding, Neemo.)

Remember folks, I'm not an asshole, I'm just opinionated  Smiley

-Jeff

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2004, 12:57:37 AM »

Where to begin?

By admitting you were wrong about Slash comparing the songs...You should probably end there too, but...

I'm not even too sure if I want to bother with Imfuckincrazy's responses, because its obvious that she doesn't take the time to thoroughly read what I write in the first place, so its pretty much useless trying to respond to someone who doesn't have a clue as to what I'm talking about.

Kind of like how you dont take the time to read whats written in magazines before ranting about them?

Remember folks, I'm not an asshole, I'm just opinionated  

...and uninformed.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2004, 01:06:24 AM »

Um, Booker, did you read my post? I clearly wrote, AND I QUOTE!:

"Also, we found out that Slash never compared "Fall To Pieces" to "November Rain", and that some interviewer FOOLISHLY compared them. That's right, Imfuckincrazy, he was FOOLISH to compare the two! Again, I can respect his opinion, but that doesn't fucking means that I'm going to accept it. Personally, I think he was smoking some funny shit to compare the two, but again, that's just me. Oops, there I go, not respecting other people's opinions again! Such a pity.  

By the way, I'm not "deperate to look for shit", I remember someone posting the quote, so I used it in my post, no harm, no foul. I'm not perfect, nor have I ever claimed to be."

That sounds like I admitted that I was wrong to me! Unless you wanted a confession for my sin, then I can see why you're upset. Anyhow..

Let's see....no, I don't take the time to read what's written in every magazine, especially since no-one posted the quote in full beforehand. I don't know about you, but I'm not just going to run out and buy a magazine just because it has an interview with Slash in it. So yes, I didn't research it, but you're damn right, I sure ranted! Boy, did I ever! (I'm damn proud of it, too!)  ok

And, yes, I may have been uninformed this time, but I'm still not an ass like you, and that's all that matters to me!  peace

By the way, just because you said I should probably stop? I'm just gonna keep going. Why you may ask? Simple..I just LOVE to piss people off!

Get some positivity and call me in the morning!

-Jeff

Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 04:46:07 PM »

And, yes, I may have been uninformed this time, but I'm still not an ass like you, and that's all that matters to me!

Okay, so Booker is an ass. Booker posted no rants, but only asked for a source which proves that Slash compared FTP to November Rain. Damn what an ass Booker is! Roll Eyes If you're calling me an ass, that's fine, but I don't see what Booker did to be an ass?

Let's see....no, I don't take the time to read what's written in every magazine, especially since no-one posted the quote in full beforehand.

You don't have to take the time to read what is in every magazine, but you have never seen that quote before so you shouldn't call an opinion of his ridiculous if he never even gave the opinion in the first place. The fact is that you just assumed he said it, when he didn't. You don't have to know every quote of his, but if you're going to bitch about something he said, it would be a good idea to make sure he even said it!

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 05:05:53 PM »

What I can?t quiet understand is how can you compare a completed-out-in-stores album (Contraband) with a bunch of live songs (the so-called-Chinese Democracy"album")
If you give me a good reson to compare that I shall give you my opinion.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Old Man In Chains
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 05:06:40 PM »

This may be off topic, but in regards to FTP vs. November Rain.  In my opinion November Rain sucks.  I think it's an overproduced, over long, self indulgent piece of crap.  I thought the acoustic demo was much better, and I think they should have recorded it more along those lines.  Synthesizers, strings, fucking flutes for God's sakes? I am glad that FTP or any song on CB doesn't sound like it.  If that is the kind production CD is going to have then it could quite possibly be the worst album of all time in my opinion.

With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: