Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:59:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Roses of Velvet
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roses of Velvet  (Read 74741 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2007, 06:20:09 PM »

I agree with something you said earlier anyways; using your pic only adds more advertising for GNRevolution anyways. I mean everyone knows thats where the real community is and ofcourse, you as a leader of it as well.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2007, 07:17:19 PM »

Well, GNRevolution changed my life!  I lost 50 lbs since I found it.  hihi

Seriously though, it's everything ROV was (before it went down) and more.  We've got the hot chicks and Neemo and everything.

I don't want to get involved with this childishness, but Christos, I don't know if you remember a few months back when EFISH and someone else were chastised for using another members' picture in their avatars.  I really don't see the big deal in Brody using another member's picture in his av as it is public domain once it's posted on the internet, but it is a matter of mutual respect and common courtesy.  We're all fans of the same band here folks.  Let's learn to respect one another.  peace

GNRevolution... the missing link.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2007, 08:05:46 PM »

I don't see how you can get mad that he's using the pic now. You're the one who posed for the slutty pics out of you're own free will and decided to post them on the internet. Maybe now you won't be so stupid....
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2007, 08:28:50 PM »

I don't see how you can get mad that he's using the pic now. You're the one who posed for the slutty pics out of you're own free will and decided to post them on the internet. Maybe now you won't be so stupid....

This hurts coming from you lemme tell ya.  Roll Eyes    I am not ashamed of this pic, I don't want him using it as an av.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2007, 09:04:24 PM »

This hurts coming from you lemme tell ya.  Roll Eyes    I am not ashamed of this pic, I don't want him using it as an av.

Wasn't suppose to hurt, but what do you really expect when you act like a slut and post pictures on the internet?  It's no ones fault but you're own that he's using that pic, you had no problem with anyone using it before.  Come on, smarten up!  ok
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2007, 10:18:09 PM »

This hurts coming from you lemme tell ya.? Roll Eyes? ? I am not ashamed of this pic, I don't want him using it as an av.

Wasn't suppose to hurt, but what do you really expect when you act like a slut and post pictures on the internet?? It's no ones fault but you're own that he's using that pic, you had no problem with anyone using it before.? Come on, smarten up!? ok

No one used the pic before only me on my av.  Anyway I am done with you the only one that needs to smarten up is you cuz your an admin using personal pics is a something across forums that you just don't do.

check it out!!
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2007, 12:03:30 AM »

Wasn't suppose to hurt, but what do you really expect when you act like a slut and post pictures on the internet?  It's no ones fault but you're own that he's using that pic, you had no problem with anyone using it before.  Come on, smarten up!  ok

No one used the pic before only me on my av.  Anyway I am done with you the only one that needs to smarten up is you cuz your an admin using personal pics is a something across forums that you just don't do.

kinda like hijacking websites is something across the internet u just dont do haha
nyd
« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2007, 12:23:55 AM »

Homepage/skin updated at GNRevolution  Smiley

Two of the skins (Velvet Revolver, "Izzy, Slash & Duff") are currently down for re-design. More GNR skins will be added later this week.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2007, 05:22:17 AM »

kinda like hijacking websites is something across the internet u just dont do haha

i'll be baack at ROV when you open up again.  peace

but i have to agree with the general sentiment of the old ROV mods, the site was DOWN for days and the community needed to go somewhere, so they did what they thought they had to do.   i'm sure things could have been done better on both ends but now that its all said and done, i hope this can just be put to rest.    you'll rebulid ROV and it'll be kickass, and the old mods will have evolution and thats a kickass site too.   

people own .nets and .orgs of some of my sites and thats my own bad for not buying those (although i don't really care.. .com is where its at).   not really stealing.

both are cool sites, i'd love both sites even more if they were VR free  peace
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2007, 06:12:12 AM »

Homepage/skin updated at GNRevolution  Smiley

Two of the skins (Velvet Revolver, "Izzy, Slash & Duff") are currently down for re-design. More GNR skins will be added later this week.

HEY! Isn't this the point of this thread??

Not who did what with whatever website that still isn't back up...

This thread is about GNRevolution and the fact that it's up, functional and has relatively the same community as RoV did.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
elmir
VIP

« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2007, 06:18:00 AM »

This thread is about GNRevolution and the fact that it's up, functional and has relatively the same community as RoV did.

no, the point of this thread was to keep the members of ROV informed and up to date with what has happened when their forum went down due to admin/technical difficulties.....

the resulting drama is a side effect of that, and frankly, being passionate GNR fans as most of us are, i wouldn't expect anything less out of us...

you know shit has hit the fan when forum communities and admin start hitting out at each other......don't blame Canada, or the Greeks.....its all del james' fault....as axl's right hand man, he should have seen this coming.....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2007, 06:49:19 AM »

This hurts coming from you lemme tell ya.? Roll Eyes? ? I am not ashamed of this pic, I don't want him using it as an av.

Wasn't suppose to hurt, but what do you really expect when you act like a slut and post pictures on the internet?? It's no ones fault but you're own that he's using that pic, you had no problem with anyone using it before.? Come on, smarten up!? ok

No one used the pic before only me on my av.? Anyway I am done with you the only one that needs to smarten up is you cuz your an admin using personal pics is a something across forums that you just don't do.

It's a bit different when we were the site and apart of creating it with you and you abandoned us.?? I am hoping Jarmo will do the right thing here.

If not then I am forced to look into legal action about how you are using my likeness to advertise for a website that I didn't give permission or harrassment, probably the later.? ?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 07:21:37 AM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

check it out!!
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2007, 07:58:21 AM »

No one used the pic before only me on my av.? Anyway I am done with you the only one that needs to smarten up is you cuz your an admin using personal pics is a something across forums that you just don't do.

It's a bit different when we were the site and apart of creating it with you and you abandoned us.?? I am hoping Jarmo will do the right thing here.

If not then I am forced to look into legal action about how you are using my likeness to advertise for a website that I didn't give permission or harrassment, probably the later.? ?

hey you remember that picture thread? oh yea.. lets see.. i got threads in my admin section where you purely gave it to the site! if im correct you had it made for the site! I'll be waiting by the phone for your lawyer yo call! or maybe it will be by mail? better make sure its a certified letter! Wouldnt want to miss it!

Tata

Brody
Headliner

« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2007, 08:05:38 AM »

another funny thing is.. you and james both think that you created the site!! You guys must have the biggest EGO's on the face of the earth! i mean for real! it was not you guys that created the community.. It was the 1100 members that signed up and the over 2.5 million hits that the site received.. go back to gnr unleashed or whatever its called..

Go make up lies about how you paid for the site and how Lofton the GNR LEGEND OF ALL THINGS GUNS N' ROSES created a site that half the time he tried to destroy! your all fucking nuts!

Top 3 of legends throughout gnr history..

1 Axl Rose.
2 JamesLofton29 (Knows all and tells axl how to do his job, Claims bbf sucks and possibly hangs out with Adler given all the insight he gives)
3 Slash
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2007, 08:14:13 AM »

It's ETHICS not to use the picture. Even you chineseblues, you admit by calling her actions stupid that nobody would want something like that done to them. Then why would you do that to them? Why are you guys so damn quick to condemn people? The spite and nastiness in some of you people's posts is sick.

With some people's "it's your fault you dressed like a slut for a picture" arguments you sound like you'd be saying the same thing about a girl who got raped "because she dressed slutty." It doesn't make it right at all.

And it sure seems like harassment to me. Brody if you wanna make a point that your site is better, then drop the argument with a site that has changed it's name and no longer has anything to do with yours and actually focus on proving through your ACTIONS and not your WORDS that your site is the cool place to be. The childish fighting has to stop. Drop your pride, drop the picture, and drop outta the thread.

gnrevolution.com
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2007, 08:16:18 AM »

how am I harassing her?

your outta your mind! she gave it to the site and i posted it! big deal!

its not like i called her a slut or anything like that! now did I!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 08:18:37 AM by Brody » Logged
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2007, 08:24:02 AM »

Bro you know it's causing another person distress and your doing it just to spite her! It may be your legal right to use the picture (I really don't know, but I'm sure she would have grounds to contest it) but don't you have the ethics to realize that even though you feel wronged by her that a wise respectful person wouldn't just follow the "eye for an eye" mentality?

You may be able to use the picture, but I think even you know you shouldn't. Why not just be the bigger man?

I mean no disrespect, seriously. I just think you could be making your site look better by focusing on the new instead of holding grudges that you could rise above.

gnrevolution.com
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2007, 08:28:32 AM »

Bro you know it's causing another person distress and your doing it just to spite her! It may be your legal right to use the picture (I really don't know, but I'm sure she would have grounds to contest it) but don't you have the ethics to realize that even though you feel wronged by her that a wise respectful person wouldn't just follow the "eye for an eye" mentality?

You may be able to use the picture, but I think even you know you shouldn't. Why not just be the bigger man?

I mean no disrespect, seriously. I just think you could be making your site look better by focusing on the new instead of holding grudges that you could rise above.

It may look like im the one saying all the nasty things here but the lady keeps coming to the site posting in the temp shoutbox.. all kinds of bullshit.. tries to play off that shes 3 different ppl.. shes crazy..

trust me were not using her image to advertise the site.. the last thing i would do haha.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2007, 09:15:16 AM »

No it can't and I am covered in the pic so I didn't take my clothes off and it was for ME to advert as I was on staff there.  Thing is regardless of the intent of the pic, it's a pic of me that was only used by me on his av and both of us are members of this board and I am asking Brody to remove it and if he doesn't then I am going to ask Jarmo as he is the ultimate decision maker and what's right is right using personal pics is a no no on a board for malicious intent, he knows that and you should to.   Again, personal feelings aside which you as a moderator don't seem to understand.

First of all let's make something clear...

I thought you used the term "personal feelings" for Brody, but now I understand you were using it on me.

How do I let my "personal feelings" get in the way when I don't know anyone of you? I don't know who Brody is, I don't know who you are... except from the almost-naked pics and videos you proudly posted here...

I don't even remember registering on ROV...  Huh

I've already stated my opinion on the picture situation so I won't repeat myself. I personally wouldn't do it, but that doesn't mean anything.

I would also never steal another's work, even though you don't see it this way. I've also explained how I see that so I won't repeat myself on this matter as well...

Anyway, as I said in my first post, I personally don't care if the picture is being used or used or not used...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 09:17:40 AM by Christos AG » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2007, 09:18:52 AM »

Please change the fucking avatar so we can go back to the discussion about who really is ROV and who isn't.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: