Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:33:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown  (Read 43817 times)
EFISH
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2007, 04:38:39 PM »

What cry babies! Didn't they say something about how the band only pays attention to this site and that Jarmo can't handle running it? Ha! What a fucking joke.
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2007, 04:40:34 PM »

Good for them.  It seems like someone finally got fed up with the way fans have been treated and decided to take a stand.  I applaud them.   Whether or not it is a large site is irrelevent, the point is that an enormous Axl fan has completely shut down a site that he/she has spent countless hours at.  People are finally starting to give up hope and are fed up with the way they are being treated. 

In a nutshell all Del James said was

"album ain't done yet.. not sure when it will be" 

well no shit, thanks for the big update.  I hope we get more updates as info filled as this one.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »

I'm not owner of GNRonline.it, I'm only a collaborator there, I spent some years posting daily on that board, searching news, translating articles. I've done a lot of work for GNRonline.it, and I can guarantee that the owners of that site and their collaborators made a harder work than mine, with a lot of love and passion.

They made the biggest fansite and community of a whole country, and they deserves respect. Not from Axl, but from other fans: all of you bitches.

Shut down the website was not an easy decision. It was hard, difficult and painful. I didn't want to close the website, but I respect the decision of the owners, because I konw them, and I know they love their site, they love Guns N Roses and they spent years under the attack of some italian Axl haters.

We don't say that Axl owe us the album or some other things, we say that the fans (ALL the fans, not only italians) deserves news and information clearer than those we had lately.
We can't stop to love GNR, we can't stop to love Axl, we can't stop to hope the album will come out as soon as possible. But we can't continue to be silent.

I'm sorry, but your site have been entirely irresponsible and it's actions have created stories which are entirely misleading and sad to read.

It is disappointing.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2007, 04:49:26 PM »

I'm not owner of GNRonline.it, I'm only a collaborator there, I spent some years posting daily on that board, searching news, translating articles. I've done a lot of work for GNRonline.it, and I can guarantee that the owners of that site and their collaborators made a harder work than mine, with a lot of love and passion.

They made the biggest fansite and community of a whole country, and they deserves respect. Not from Axl, but from other fans: all of you bitches.

Shut down the website was not an easy decision. It was hard, difficult and painful. I didn't want to close the website, but I respect the decision of the owners, because I konw them, and I know they love their site, they love Guns N Roses and they spent years under the attack of some italian Axl haters.

We don't say that Axl owe us the album or some other things, we say that the fans (ALL the fans, not only italians) deserves news and information clearer than those we had lately.
We can't stop to love GNR, we can't stop to love Axl, we can't stop to hope the album will come out as soon as possible. But we can't continue to be silent.

I'm sorry, but your site have been entirely irresponsible and it's actions have created stories which are entirely misleading and sad to read.

It is disappointing.

I know what you mean.

First their threat got them the headlines, and I believe Bumblefoot was nice enough to comment on it. That didn't make any difference.... And now they're causing even more negative GN'R headlines....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2007, 04:57:27 PM »

sorry if this has already been brought up, but isn't lack on info the reason that gnrx shut down?  and that was like four or five years ago now.  i really don't see what the big deal is, but i don't remember this big a fuss being made when gnrx went down.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
Paintbox
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2007, 04:58:08 PM »

Once again, show me the setlists from 2002 that included any of the following songs:

Back In The USSR - Cover
Better - ok, first one
Down On The Farm - cover
IRS - ok, 2nd.
Liquor & Whores - shit
Sailing - cover
Sway - cover
T.W.A.T - mmh, just two times...
Used To Love Her - same old song...
You Gotta Move - cover
You're Crazy - ..and dance

I mean NEW stuff jarmo, new

The Rolling Stones have been playing some of the same songs for longer than GN'R have existed.

yeah, they haven't released new stuff for 8 years between 1997 to 2005...but they're rolling stones, they're about 70 years old. they aren't a new band that must show what they can really do.

Axl isn't an artist?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

no, not today. there is no stuff to judge his art in last 10 years (and three-four-five good songs aren't enough to judge an artist). I'm sorry, but I guess this is the truth.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2007, 04:58:32 PM »

I know what you mean.

First their threat got them the headlines, and I believe Bumblefoot was nice enough to comment on it. That didn't make any difference.... And now they're causing even more negative GN'R headlines....

/jarmo

And what posative headlines could the band be getting right now?

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO FRIEND OF GNR SAYS ALBUM IS BEING MIXED AND THINGS SEEM TO BE OK

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Paintbox
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2007, 05:02:03 PM »

It is disappointing.

I know what you mean.

/jarmo

oh god, are you blaming gnronline.it for negative headlines? hey, there are people that have just a little more responsibility about press throwing shit.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2007, 05:12:57 PM »

"All of us bitches"? Take some midol and then get back to us once your IQ manages to hit room temperature. Be a nice guy.....Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox!!!

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2007, 05:13:15 PM »

A lot of sites are closed without making a big deal about it.

Unless you're looking for attention...

You were also saying they play the same old boring songs at shows and I proved you wrong.

How many of the fans at Gods Of Metal in Milan, Italy saw GN'R play on the previous tours? How many of them were upset about the "same old boring" set? GN'R has played one show in Italy between 1993 and today. You complain about the setlist like you've attended every show....

I saw GN'R 18 times last year. I looked around me at all shows, I didn't see the crowd looking bored.

Some looked tired, but that's understandable when you're used to be in bed by the time GN'R hit the stage.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2007, 05:14:52 PM »

It is disappointing.

I'm really sorry about the negative press.... but those press-sites that write negative things wrote yet negative things in the past, and they'd most probably write negative things without our protest. They already made negative press about Del's statement!!

It's not GNRonline.it fault if some sites do negative press: they do it anyway.

I personally didn't want to close GNRonline.it and stuff, but I've not power to decide on this. But, I repeat, since I know the website owners and staff, and the efforts they made in all these years, I can only respect them and their decisions. They really suffer closing the website, but they decided to put their coherence first of all.

Anyway, reading their statement, they are clear about their feelings, and it's clear they don't want to "close the door" about Axl.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2007, 05:16:32 PM »

I think the Italians need to realise that Axl Rose won't give a shit about this, even if he was to find out about it (unlikely).

I think they do, hence the closing of the site.? ok

...and the closing of the site will achieve...?

It's obviously the decision of that board and it's members. That board doesn't owe you or Axl any explanation, but at least they gave one.

Regardless, Axl doesn't care right. ?ok
nadia
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2007, 05:20:33 PM »

Well, well, I have been a member here for a while. Obviously I don't post much here though.

I also been at gnronline.it for a while. In the stuff too. So what's there to say? I agree with Jarmo when he says he opened up for fun. Well simply the fun for us it's gone, so now we close and we simply stated why the fun just isn't there anymore.

the whole "they close cause they think Axl owns them something" is totally ridiculous. Anyone with some grey matter would see that it has nothing to do with that.

I aslo think some people here aren't being very coherent. First you say "Axl doesn't give afuck about you" and then you are all worried cause we are doing negative publicity to GNR? Please....

PS: And that guy...Lucky...Get a camonille.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 05:22:31 PM by nadia » Logged
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2007, 05:22:38 PM »

The story about this shutting down has now been picked up by YahooMusic.

This is not good.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2007, 05:24:46 PM »

It is disappointing.

Irresponsible? How about irrelevant.

Let the babies have their bottle. They will come back when the album drops, complaining about something else.

This whole incident reminds me of the Lostrose.com guy who threatened to yank down his site unless a member of GnR contacted him. Unfortunately, Gilby Clarke dropped him a message and ordered was restored.  For some people, the community isn't enough reason to carry on; they derive a false sense of power and demand to actual be part of events which they were only witnesses to begin with.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Paintbox
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2007, 05:26:19 PM »

A lot of sites are closed without making a big deal about it.

Unless you're looking for attention...

You were also saying they play the same old boring songs at shows and I proved you wrong.

How many of the fans at Gods Of Metal in Milan, Italy saw GN'R play on the previous tours? How many of them were upset about the "same old boring" set? GN'R has played one show in Italy between 1993 and today. You complain about the setlist like you've attended every show....

I saw GN'R 18 times last year. I looked around me at all shows, I didn't see the crowd looking bored.

Some looked tired, but that's understandable when you're used to be in bed by the time GN'R hit the stage.

/jarmo

I'm not representing gnronline.it here, just my point of view. and you're not replying me. you're not replying me about the same songs, about your rolling stones idea ( Grin) or about every fuckin' thing I've wrote here. but if you don't know how to reply...you're not forced to reply.

about the show after 200 years in italy, this isn't a good reason to support axl in every shit he does...just because "maybe he'll come back".

I complain because there's band that tours everywhere without an album. A band without an album (for years and years) isn't a band.
EFISH
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2007, 05:26:44 PM »

The story about this shutting down has now been picked up by YahooMusic.

This is not good.
Ugh. It's just a fan site. There are hundreds on the net, and many get closed down everyday. These guys had to do this little drama campaign and now are giving GN'R some bad press. Ridiculous.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2007, 05:27:27 PM »

Can one of the "non-haters", "non-crybabies", or "non-whiners" do me a favor here. ?Can you please tell me what the hell we are supposed to talk about on this board right now and not be considered a hater, crybaby, or a whiner? ?Seriously? ?What is there to talk about with Guns N' Roses right now?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2007, 05:27:50 PM »

Once again, show me the setlists from 2002 that included any of the following songs: Back In The USSR, Better, Down On The Farm, IRS, Liquor & Whores, Sailing, Sway, T.W.A.T., Used To Love Her, You Gotta Move, You're Crazy

and last but not least "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" from Gibson Amph. in Cali  smoking
EFISH
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2007, 05:29:04 PM »

Can one of the "non-haters", "non-crybabies", or "non-whiners" do me a favor here.  Can you please tell me what the hell we are supposed to talk about on this board right now and not be considered a hater, crybaby, or a whiner?  Seriously?  What is there to talk about with Guns N' Roses right now?
Nobody if forcing you to talk about Guns N' Roses now.

Dates from shows in Japan, and now South America are coming out, so you can talk about that. You can also post in the off-topic sections, or not post at all. Just because Guns N' Roses aren't active right now doesn't give an excuse to start complaining and such.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: