Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:36:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lack of info fallout continues: GNRonline.it shutdown  (Read 43823 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2007, 03:04:15 PM »

We don't say that Axl owe us the album or some other things, we say that the fans (ALL the fans, not only italians) deserves news and information clearer than those we had lately.

There probably has been more information about the band in the recent twelve months than there's been in the five years prior to that.

what do you want exactly?  Roll Eyes   They are more active and giving more information than ever.   Its no a win situation for Axl and that really sucks.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2007, 03:05:14 PM »

what do people expect, its been this way since forever, so why shopuld it change now? confused

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »

Even though I take some of their announcement as a direct stab at this site and even me personally, I'm gonna keep my opinions to myself.

All I'm gonna say is that they have every right to decide what to do with their own site and that the band doesn't owe us anything. We choose to be fans, the band didn't choose us.

Personally I can't relate to this way of thinking. I started this web site in 1996 because it seemed like a fun idea (turns out I was right). Not because I thought years later I could say the band owed me because I started a fan site.

There probably has been more information about the band in the recent twelve months than there's been in the five years prior to that.

/jarmo

I bet you agree with everything I said on page one Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2007, 03:11:06 PM »

I think the Italians need to realise that Axl Rose won't give a shit about this, even if he was to find out about it (unlikely).

What's 3500 Italian internet fans in a GNR worldwide fan pool of millions...?

GNRonline.it - shut down or stay open. Nobody cares.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2007, 03:12:04 PM »

I think the Italians need to realise that Axl Rose won't give a shit about this, even if he was to find out about it (unlikely).

I think they do, hence the closing of the site.? ok
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2007, 03:13:30 PM »

After weeks of seeing articles about Slash at Anna Nichol's funeral, the first new news I see on there is an NME article titled "Guns N' Roses Fans Protest Album's Delay". 

that's a NME statement, not a statement from us. The open letter of our site is here: www.gnronline.it

what do you want exactly?  Roll Eyes   They are more active and giving more information than ever.   Its no a win situation for Axl and that really sucks.

we don't want more info. we'd want clearer and more explicit infos.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2007, 03:15:28 PM »

We don't say that Axl owe us the album or some other things, we say that the fans (ALL the fans, not only italians) deserves news and information clearer than those we had lately.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the protest started before Axl's letter. That wasn't good enough so the site was taken down.

So it doesn't look like you guys want news and information to me.

This is GN'R, you should be used to it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2007, 03:17:20 PM »

AxlGurl, you dont make money off of GNR fans, Axl does, so

It's only natural for conscientious artists to want to make money by giving the fans the best work they are capable of even if that takes time.

The Italian site shutting down is really ignorant, but I understand.  They probably pay for their site with advertisements based on the amount of hits they get.  If they have no news to report and no album, they wont get hits.  If people keep getting more and more impatient and there isnt much for them to report on, pretty much the site turns into "This sucks", "Reunion" and "Remember 1988" threads and topics.  So if the site isnt accomplishing anything they might as well shut down.  Still they shouldnt blame it on Axl or feel its Axl's fault.

Probably the same has been true with the people in the industry and in the press. unlike the musicians they are to get money from somebodyelses fans. Would they give a fuck about those fans?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2007, 03:18:53 PM »

we don't want more info. we'd want clearer and more explicit infos.

don't get me wrong that would be great.   however, i'm not really expecting Axl to just do a complete 180 and open himself up that way.   Hell, that letter he wrote in December was more than I expected.   

Just let things take their natural course.  We will be informed when he's ready to inform us.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2007, 03:20:41 PM »

its a bunch of crap.
those guys dont deserve any info.
only world wide forums deserve info.
such as htgth cd and mygnr.

local forums are just a waste of webspace.

if every local forum asked for info, the album would take another 15 years to make, since the band would be to bussy answering nerd inquiries.

just think if GNRAlbania did the same thing...
?!

where would it stop?!

enough with the crap, and move on.  Local forums  are there only to satisfy dictatorship ambitions of some cyber nerds... and since the "vacum" for the BIG forums has been filled, they are promoting "small" national forums.

What is GNR italy forum suposed to offer us more than some international forum? A different domain extension, and that's about it.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2007, 03:20:50 PM »

I think they do, hence the closing of the site.? ok

...and the closing of the site will achieve...?
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2007, 03:23:15 PM »

You buy a concert ticket to hear the artist perform the songs.

You don't buy a fucking concert ticket and think the artist owes you an album.

If you don't want to go see the band live, fine. Nobody's forcing you. Stay home.

The only bullshit in this situation are people who think they're owed something. Wake up and smell the coffee already.

/jarmo

I bought a concert ticket because I thought, with Axl promising a CD release in the very near future, I'd hear something new. ?

Everyone in the band and people who were on the tour came out and said the album is coming soon. ?Then nothing happened. ?Then they announce some new tour dates, and suddenly the album is "in the final stages" again.

I think this album will eventually come out, but I think right now it is the sole marketing tool for GnR concerts and they are exploiting it for all its worth. ?Promoting an album is fine. ?Promoting an album and not delivering one, isn't.?

ON EDIT:

I had a great time at my concert.  I had such a great time that I will go again.  Hell, I listen to some GnR just about everyday.  I just think the GnR camp is full of BS. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 03:26:27 PM by CVBTank » Logged
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2007, 03:23:52 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the protest started before Axl's letter. That wasn't good enough so the site was taken down.

well, in Axl letter we can read:
We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

it didn't happen. Del's statement is a bit vague.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2007, 03:29:35 PM »

well, in Axl letter we can read:
We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

it didn't happen. Del's statement is a bit vague.

You could read but you didn't.

you will be notified in regard to a new date.

no official date=no notification
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2007, 03:54:03 PM »

"Either get on board or fuck off."

I guess GNRItaly decided to fuck off?  Grin

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2007, 03:58:53 PM »

I'll risk a bad karma...
and as I said at cd.com...

this guy is giving him self to much credit.
he's just a nobody.
who gives a fuck about italian forum.
he might have had 3500 members, but probably had 5 of his neighbors posting once in 10 years.

he's such a drama queen. if you cant handle it financially, then fuck off.
nobody asked you to create the damn forum in the first place.

what a fucking wimp. where does it say that they need to contact you?!
do they need to contact every fucking nerd that knows how to log on the net?!
damn!

does he think italians will stop listening to GNR because he says so?!

he's a freek, and should go to the asylum...
or at least start taking his medicine again.

what makes him better than a regular fucking fan?! he bought a domain name?!  Big fucking deal...

I hate nerds.

I just went to their site...
and this is the banner:

now let's be honest...

this is the gayest thing that ever came out of Italy...
even compared to this;

I luaghed at this when I saw it at cd.com this morning  Grin

honestly though, i think you're right on the mark with that response.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2007, 04:07:51 PM »

Like Axl gives a hot fuck if some w-site with 3500 members remains open or not.

Get a fucking life already !

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2007, 04:15:44 PM »

So it doesn't look like you guys want news and information to me.

This is GN'R, you should be used to it.

/jarmo

Yeah, I am wondering if the Italian site had the egotistical perception that their previous protest resulted in, at least in part, to Axl putting out that letter back in December.  So maybe they think doing so again will magically make Axl put out another letter.   

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Paintbox
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2007, 04:23:45 PM »

You buy a concert ticket to hear the artist perform the songs.

You don't buy a fucking concert ticket and think the artist owes you an album.

If you don't want to go see the band live, fine. Nobody's forcing you. Stay home.

The only bullshit in this situation are people who think they're owed something. Wake up and smell the coffee already.

/jarmo

yeah, nobody forces me...but what this exactly means?  yeah, axl doesn't owe me nothing...but what this exactly means? I'm sorry, but I can't understand you...the way to see things in gn'r forums everywhere seems a lot distorted. seems that everyone forgot that the first thing a band have to do are ALBUMS and not the same old fuckin' shows with the same boring knockin' on heaven's door and all already seen stuff (1 - jungle 2 - easy 3 - brownstone 4 - lald 5 - bla bla bla). I guess that a serious band have to go forward in the years playin' new stuff, I'm sorry but nowadays I can't say that guns n' roses is a serious band, and I can't say that axl is an artist, because art needs to evolve. new guns n' roses are blocked since they were born. ok, someone can say "fuck you, you're not a real fan..." but I know that I'm not a fanatic, so I can see real things, and I say what I think tryin' to respect every point of view. and, returning to the topic...people can't go against gnronline.it because maybe they're exhausted to follow a blocked-band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2007, 04:37:59 PM »

Once again, show me the setlists from 2002 that included any of the following songs: Back In The USSR, Better, Down On The Farm, IRS, Liquor & Whores, Sailing, Sway, T.W.A.T., Used To Love Her, You Gotta Move, You're Crazy

The Rolling Stones have been playing some of the same songs for longer than GN'R have existed.

Axl isn't an artist?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: