Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:03:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA Playoffs 2016
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2016  (Read 85651 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2016, 03:53:37 AM »

Anyone but LeBron, I always say.

I'm getting in to the "anyone but Curry" mode more and more.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2016, 12:56:43 PM »

I don't really care for either team... so I am going to root for the city/fans of Cleveland.

As long as the games are tight and it goes 6 or 7 I'd be happy... if Cleveland has a chance to close it out at home game 6... that building will be out of this world.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2016, 10:37:50 PM »

I see it's only taken 1 year and 1 title for some people to turn on Steph. I know people tend to dislike winning teams, but this might be record pace to turn people off. I still like them, far more than Lebron and Cleveland. Should be a good series, I'd think.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2016, 03:44:06 AM »

I know people tend to dislike winning teams, but this might be record pace to turn people off.

To me it's not about disliking winning teams, but I appreciate a certain type of modesty. Arrogant people are just annoying.

But back to the game itself. I missed the live action last night but it seems like it was a pretty easy job for the Warriors, or at least to their bench Cheesy

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2016, 04:34:31 AM »

So it was only the first game but anyone still think i am wrong that the East teams were just playing for the right to lose to the Warriors? Cheesy
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2016, 07:01:17 AM »

So it was only the first game but anyone still think i am wrong that the East teams were just playing for the right to lose to the Warriors? Cheesy

Nah, because both teams played like crap.

It was close until about midway through the 3rd, when the Cavs crappiness finally overcame the Warriors crappiness. Could have easily gone the other way, if the cavs actually remembered how to pass the ball, and didn't forget that David Blatt isn't their coach anymore.

IF GS wins Sunday, convincingly, maybe.  But not the way they played last night.  They're lucky Cleveland layed a BIGGER egg, quite frankly. And no, it wasn't because of GS defense. It was because Cleveland forgot what "ball movement" was.

It was a terrible game to watch......

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2016, 08:59:24 AM »

I know people tend to dislike winning teams, but this might be record pace to turn people off.

To me it's not about disliking winning teams, but I appreciate a certain type of modesty. Arrogant people are just annoying.

But back to the game itself. I missed the live action last night but it seems like it was a pretty easy job for the Warriors, or at least to their bench Cheesy
I haven't watched enough of Curry to notice his arrogance, but most great players have some level of arrogance. It comes with the territory. The guy is damn good. Wasn't highly recruited out of high school and went to a small school. Not to say he came from nothing, since his dad played in the NBA, but still not much was expected from him. It's not like he hasn't worked his ass off to get to where he is today. The man can boast a little if he wants. To go from completely off the radar as an NBA prospect at Davidson to the only unanimous MVP in NBA history. It's quite the story, and I admire him for it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »

I haven't watched enough of Curry to notice his arrogance, but most great players have some level of arrogance. It comes with the territory. The guy is damn good. Wasn't highly recruited out of high school and went to a small school. Not to say he came from nothing, since his dad played in the NBA, but still not much was expected from him. It's not like he hasn't worked his ass off to get to where he is today. The man can boast a little if he wants. To go from completely off the radar as an NBA prospect at Davidson to the only unanimous MVP in NBA history. It's quite the story, and I admire him for it.

I get that the arrogance, preening and all that comes with the territory, but he's got to stop it with the mouth guard.  Also, he showed a very petulant side when he shoved his finger in Westbrook's eye, which I'm sure was motivated by the fact that Westbrook was wearing him out most of the series. 
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2016, 11:07:45 AM »

I know it's only the first game but I didn't see any reason there to think Cleveland can win this series (and I'm rooting for Cleveland). Curry and Thompson shot poorly and it still wasn't that close at the end.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2016, 12:46:28 PM »

I know it's only the first game but I didn't see any reason there to think Cleveland can win this series (and I'm rooting for Cleveland). Curry and Thompson shot poorly and it still wasn't that close at the end.
That is true. You can't count on holding Curry and Thompson in check like that consistently. In fact, it probably won't happen again. At least not with both of them having off nights. The 2nd half really wasn't all that competitive. Cleveland has had a bit of a layoff though and they weren't exactly expected to take game 1. You know what the say, the series doesn't start until a road team wins a game. So far, GS is holding serve.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2016, 10:39:54 PM »

Cavs are in big trouble. They got their asses handed to them tonight and Love could be done with a concussion. If they don't win game 3 they'll be bending over and kissing their ass goodbye in game 4.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2016, 03:22:28 AM »

Cavs are in big trouble. They got their asses handed to them tonight and Love could be done with a concussion. If they don't win game 3 they'll be bending over and kissing their ass goodbye in game 4.

This pretty much sums it up, sadly. Looks way too easy for GS at the moment..

BEEP.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2016, 05:44:37 AM »

If Love has a concussion and it seems likely i don't see them having any chance. I don't really think they had one with him though.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2016, 08:48:09 AM »

If Love has a concussion and it seems likely i don't see them having any chance. I don't really think they had one with him though.

I don't think it matters... he's one of the most overrated players in any of the 4 major sports.. and a perfect example as to why you don't let star players act as the G.M.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2016, 11:24:17 PM »

Well the Cavs came out and did exactly what they needed to do tonight. Looks like we have ourselves a series.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2016, 09:14:51 AM »

The NBA playoffs as a whole have been unwatchable.

Every game is a blowout no matter who is playing or which team wins.

I know I sound like an old fart... but today's game is terrible. Nobody guards anybody, so whoever has an off shooting night from deep gets waxed.

I miss the good ol days of Knicks/Heat.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2016, 10:02:58 AM »

I know I sound like an old fart... but today's game is terrible. Nobody guards anybody, so whoever has an off shooting night from deep gets waxed.

Ever since the Celtics bowed out in round 1, I haven't watched much at all. I forgot it was even on last night. From what I've heard though, the refs were quite kind to the Cavs. It could also be a case of a bit of a letdown game for GS. They took care of business decisively at home, maybe they let up a little and thought they could coast to the championship. We'll see how game 4 goes. I'd expect a better effort from GS. I can't necessarily say the same for the refs.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2016, 10:07:20 AM »

Ever since the Celtics bowed out in round 1, I haven't watched much at all. I forgot it was even on last night. From what I've heard though, the refs were quite kind to the Cavs. It could also be a case of a bit of a letdown game for GS. They took care of business decisively at home, maybe they let up a little and thought they could coast to the championship. We'll see how game 4 goes. I'd expect a better effort from GS. I can't necessarily say the same for the refs.

I was rooting for the Celtics... the Hawks are just a blah boring team.

Definitely a let down... just frustrating how many blow outs there have been this entire playoff.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2016, 06:43:49 AM »

This. All of this.

The only thing I'll say is the Cavs actually played D last game.

But yes, to everything else.

Usually, I would skip most of the regular season, grabbing a few Celtics games, and a couple of high profile games, throughout the year, and then sign in for the play offs.

This year...I'm having a hard time doing even that.  I guess the game has just passed me by.  This isn't basketball, to me.  And what's funny is that the college game was, is, and I'm assuming will continue to be, played the way I expect basketball to be played.  It's much more watchable for me.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2016, 06:48:34 AM »

The refs were about as kind to the Cavs as they were to GS the previous 2 games.  It wasn't that bad, really.

I honestly don't think the Warriors played THAT much worse than they had the first 2 games.  The difference was the Cavs actually showed up, played with some energy.  The Warriors have played 3 pretty lousy games...the Cavs just played WORSE the first 2.

I expect GS to show up tonight, and am HOPING we FINALLY get a good war of a game.  They don't want to let the Cavs back into the series.

And the Cavs obviously don't want to go down 3-1.

Both teams have big stuff to play for.  This one matters.  It'll either be functionally over or it'll be a brand new best of 3.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: