Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:55:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA Playoffs 2016
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2016  (Read 85656 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2016, 10:26:14 AM »

The most entertaining part of the NBA playoffs was Charles Barkley talking about how Green should have punched Lebron right in the nuts! (for walking over him)

Would be real disappointing to see Lebron go down with out a fight tonight.

I'd be surprised, I think he clearly went out of his way to bait Green into getting himself suspended, so I don't think he'd do that to just lay down tonight.  Regardless, Cavs will still probably lose tonight.
I'm sure Lebron will try to bait Green again in Cleveland. It's probably their only chance since he's the only one who can contain him. Green has to be smarter and not take the bait. They're obviously a different team without him on the floor. I think the series ends next game, but a game 7 wouldn't surprise me one bit.

How does it work, now that he was suspended, do the number of flagrants/technicals 're-set' before he's suspended again or will the next one get him suspended again? 

I think GS still has the edge without Green, even in Cleveland, but it's the same story, if they go cold from 3, like they did in the 2nd Half yesterday, they have nothing else. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2016, 12:23:37 PM »

Any word on Bogut's knee?
It's sprained that's all i heard.

Looked NASTY on the replay....almost dislocated.  I just hope he's OK. Never like seeing a guy go down like that....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2016, 12:24:34 PM »

How does it work, now that he was suspended, do the number of flagrants/technicals 're-set' before he's suspended again or will the next one get him suspended again? 

I think GS still has the edge without Green, even in Cleveland, but it's the same story, if they go cold from 3, like they did in the 2nd Half yesterday, they have nothing else. 

Nope. Every flagrant gets him a suspension.  I think he's also 2 techs away from a suspension on THAT front, too.

Also, GS wants this to end game 6. Because otherwise..even though I'd say they have a significant edge in game 7....you do NOT want to be in a 1 game playoff with Cleveland. ANYTHING can happen in that scenario....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:30:23 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2016, 07:14:21 AM »

Bogut out for the rest of the finals (however short a period of time that is....max, it's only 2 games). Hate to see a player go down like that, though.

Bright side is no surgery, and doesn't look like ligament damage.  Some nasty bone bruises which look like a 6 to 8 week rest will take care of.

It's not a huge loss for GS..though he does a good job of clogging the middle.  Green will probably play the 5, I'd think.

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2016, 11:20:42 AM »

Did a lot of cursing at my TV last night when I realized that there was no Game 6 scheduled.  I thought it was supposed to be last night! 

I think the extra days off between games during the playoffs, especially in these finals, is a big disadvantage for a 3-pt shooting team like GS.  It really takes them out of their rhythm, which I think is one of the reasons why their playoff record has been so much worse than than regular season record. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2016, 11:59:16 PM »

Well off to game 7. GSW just couldn't overcome a very poor shooting first quarter. History is certainly on their side in game 7 in the finals. Only 3 road teams have ever won a game 7 and nobody since 1978.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2016, 12:42:03 AM »

Just when you think you have this series figured out. Now Cleveland looks like the superior team. The last two games weren't very competitive. Golden St looks like a beat up team right now. The injuries have taken their toll. They still have the luxury of playing on their home floor, but they'll have to play better. That goes without saying.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2016, 06:24:06 AM »

You have to give GS the edge in game 7, BUT, with the way Cleveland and Lebron have played the last 2 games...you could NOT convince me to place a bet on the outcome of this game for any significant amount of my own money.

To me, history or not, this could go either way.  I know the %'s are saying GS is an overwhelming favorite to win...and I get why...but I don't think it's NEARLY that wide a gap in probabilities.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2016, 08:29:42 AM »

Iguodala being hurt is HUGE...

Excited for game 7... if you like sports even a little bit...it's must watch.

I think the Lebron freight train is a comin' .... huge game for his legacy.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2016, 09:38:37 AM »

You have to give GS the edge in game 7, BUT, with the way Cleveland and Lebron have played the last 2 games...you could NOT convince me to place a bet on the outcome of this game for any significant amount of my own money.

To me, history or not, this could go either way.  I know the %'s are saying GS is an overwhelming favorite to win...and I get why...but I don't think it's NEARLY that wide a gap in probabilities.

Yeah, I'm actually leaning towards Cleveland. Home court advantage is obviously huge, but that's about all GS has going for them. They're beat up and not playing well. I hope they put up a better effort in front of their home fans. It'd be nice to get at least one great game out of these playoffs. Why not save the best for last?

I read last night that GS could lose as many playoff games as they did the entire regular season. That's crazy!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2016, 10:01:22 AM »

No way it happens, and frankly I don't want it to happen because I want a legit Game 7, but if regular season, no question whatsoever that Curry gets a multi-game suspension for throwing his mouthguard at a fan.  The NBA needs to at least issue a preliminary suspension, allow him to appeal and then carry over to start of next season, because that was fucking disgusting and it could have triggered a riot. 

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »

No way it happens, and frankly I don't want it to happen because I want a legit Game 7, but if regular season, no question whatsoever that Curry gets a multi-game suspension for throwing his mouthguard at a fan.  The NBA needs to at least issue a preliminary suspension, allow him to appeal and then carry over to start of next season, because that was fucking disgusting and it could have triggered a riot. 

Agreed.

I don't like Cleveland.. I hate how Lebron runs the whole franchise. I hate JR Smith and Shumpert..and I really don't like Love.

...but the Warriors have turned me on to pulling for Cleveland.

CTOWN and it's fans deserve a ring.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2016, 10:31:17 AM »

It was disgusting but he won't get suspended for game 7. And how does Klay Thompson just leave the court before the game is over? Definitely pulling for Cleveland here.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2016, 11:08:07 AM »

This would be an epic comeback if Cleveland can pull it off on Sunday.... I'd say it's the biggest game of Lebron's career.

Stealing the title from a 73-9 team & becoming the first team to come back from 3-1 in the Finals?  That's a big one to add to your resume.  Especially considering the way he's playing - leading both teams in points, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals! On the flip side he could go 2-5 in the Finals.

It doesn't get any better than Game 7! 
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2016, 11:45:10 AM »

This would be an epic comeback if Cleveland can pull it off on Sunday.... I'd say it's the biggest game of Lebron's career.

Stealing the title from a 73-9 team & becoming the first team to come back from 3-1 in the Finals?  That's a big one to add to your resume.  Especially considering the way he's playing - leading both teams in points, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals! On the flip side he could go 2-5 in the Finals.

It doesn't get any better than Game 7! 

Also, it would probably be the most extreme example of a player almost single-handedly winning a championship.  This Cavs team minus Lebron would by far be the worst team if I were to be compare it to any of the past NBA championship teams I can remember minus their star player.   
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2016, 03:56:23 PM »

The Knicks are looking to trade for Derrick Rose.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2016, 06:18:18 AM »

WOW! Congrats to the Cavs and Lebron!  They came back from down 3-1, and beat GS in their building twice in a week...when GS had lost 2 games ALL SEASON there. Holy crap!

We FINALLY got a close, back and forth, game that was a TON of fun to watch.  I'd nitpick the last 5 minutes, when it was 3 balls and isolation ball, where no one could score the ball (I think it was 4-0 Cavs....in 5 minutes!), but the defense was so good on both sides, I just can't. 

THAT was a dramatic game 7 that definitely lived up to the hype.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2016, 06:34:24 AM »

Last night's game was finally competitive but the Warriors were still clearly the better team. The Cavs now have to win 3 in a row including 2 in Oracle including game 7. it is not going to happen period. The Warriors will repeat as NBA Champs. I said about a month ago that the east teams were playing for the right to lose to the Warriors and well here we are with them a win away.

I don't want to take the piss out of tim, here, because he really doesn't deserve it. It DID look over!

I just want to show how far we came in 8 days.

Un-freaking-believable.

Together again,
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2016, 09:15:34 AM »

As a Cleveland native, there are no words to express my feelings right now.

I'm still worried the NBA will announce the date and time for Game 8 later today.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2016, 09:28:46 AM »

As a Cleveland native, there are no words to express my feelings right now.

I'm still worried the NBA will announce the date and time for Game 8 later today.

Lol

Great game.. watched with a few buddies... we were all pulling for the city of Cleveland and the fans... not Lebron.. because he used the words I, Me and Myself 5000 times since the game was over... which aggravates me ha.

Kyrie was unbelievable.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: