Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Izzy Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy Question  (Read 5235 times)
Chief
Legend

« on: June 03, 2007, 09:51:20 PM »

I'm listening to the Milan show from 11-30-92 and there is a song called My fault on it. anyone know more about this song? it also sounds like someone else is singing...?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
nyd
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 10:42:50 PM »

Hey,

Yeh the song is sung by Rick Richards, Izzys guitarist and is called "My Fault". I believe it was originally a Georgia Satellites song.

Take me like you find me don't try to change me
You know better than that
Take me like you see don't try to change me
I ain't used to that
Turn it up loud I'm a bum in the crowd
If I've got something to say
ain't nothing that can stop me
I can't let it

Say I'm just a fool, well that's alright
I don't wanna change nobody
Say I'm just a fool, yeah that's alright
I don't wanna change noone.

If I have to crawl down on my hands every night of the week
It's gonna be my fault and noone else

Good tune  ok
Badapple89
Rocker

'Nobody told me there'd be days like these'

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 05:43:51 AM »

It's originally a Faces song  Cool

"Instant Karma's gonna get you!"
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 08:05:11 AM »

Yeh the song is sung by Rick Richards, Izzys guitarist and is called "My Fault". I believe it was originally a Georgia Satellites song.

Will !!! What a reverse  Roll Eyes It's from Ooh La La don't You know this album? You should get it, it's unique !!!

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 12:23:51 PM »

The solo in this song is just amazing.... great feel and melody, just sweet Cool
nyd
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 09:57:55 PM »

Hehe sorry, yeh it is a Faces song. Satellites version must have been cooler which is why i thought of them  hihi

Listening to some old ju ju bootlegs - absolutely. loving. them.

The sound is fuckin sweet.... izzys voice is just slightly drowned out by the beautiful grooves produced by rick, jimmy and chalo.

I cant recommend this band enough  ok
kingcanute
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 09:17:39 PM »

It must be said that they have played "Battleship chains" by the Georgia Satelites live, and Izzy's version of it is of course creme de la creme. The Hounds played it on the Minneapolis 93 show and probably other shows as well.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 07:10:40 AM »

maybe i've forgotten or mayve i never knew,.. but why "ju ju hounds" where did he get it from?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 07:39:23 AM »

maybe i've forgotten or mayve i never knew,.. but why "ju ju hounds" where did he get it from?

Named after an Alice Cooper song - Black Ju Ju (off Love It To Death).

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
kingcanute
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 09:15:55 AM »

Named after an Alice Cooper song - Black Ju Ju (off Love It To Death).

That's not what I've heard. Supposedly the name came from the guys playing around in studio and at one stage Richards' guitar playing sounded like 'Ju Ju Hoouund'. Read that somewhere a long time ago so I cannot quote it, but that's what was said and I'm pretty sure it was Izzy who said it.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 09:40:11 AM »

The name Ju Ju Hounds comes from Izzy messing up a vocal line for a song called 'Outta Your Blood' (JJH outtake) and when they rewinded it and played it back it sounded like Ju Ju Hounds and the name stayed. Outta Your Blood is a very raw blues rocker with Izzy on slide.

Other JJH outtakes are 'Mile Away' - mid tempo barnburner with some nice Ian organ stuff, 'Silver And Gold' - acoustic song with a great melody and lyric, Izzy didn't feel like it measured up to the rest, 'Gotta Wanna Go' - great funky, almost New Orleans kind groove, cool lyrics, excellent playing by the Hounds. DEFINITELY the lost track that should have been on the album. The guys played it live off and on, so some of you might have heard it.

Ju Ju also means a good luck charm.

Source is the Izzy site? Wink
Badapple89
Rocker

'Nobody told me there'd be days like these'

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »

The name Ju Ju Hounds comes from Izzy messing up a vocal line for a song called 'Outta Your Blood' (JJH outtake) and when they rewinded it and played it back it sounded like Ju Ju Hounds and the name stayed. Outta Your Blood is a very raw blues rocker with Izzy on slide.

Other JJH outtakes are 'Mile Away' - mid tempo barnburner with some nice Ian organ stuff, 'Silver And Gold' - acoustic song with a great melody and lyric, Izzy didn't feel like it measured up to the rest, 'Gotta Wanna Go' - great funky, almost New Orleans kind groove, cool lyrics, excellent playing by the Hounds. DEFINITELY the lost track that should have been on the album. The guys played it live off and on, so some of you might have heard it.

Ju Ju also means a good luck charm.

Source is the Izzy site? Wink

How'd ya find all that out mate? I couldnt find it on the site

"Instant Karma's gonna get you!"
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 03:23:24 PM »

I always new the name came from a messed up lyric from a song but I never knew which song.  But hey if Dutch says it then it must be!

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 01:07:24 PM »

How'd ya find all that out mate? I couldnt find it on the site

Of that it's taken from Outta Your Blood is the Eddie Asworth interview from 2005, the other part is from a text interview JJH era, don't remember which one but I've got it somewhere on my pc. Izzy says there it's from playing back a vocal line messing it up etc. Don't know if it's on Will's site or not (cause there are missing a few on there) but I can look for it if you want.

EDIT: Found it, 1992 Metal Hammer:

So far the project still goes under the name of Izzy Stradlin. Is this a real band or a one-off line-up?

"It's a real band. We still don't have a name. We're trying to figure out what to call it. There are some ideas, but nobody's sure what to call us."

Originally, I had been under the impression that the title of your album, "Ju Ju Hounds" was the bands name.

"Thats's what we're thinking about right now. I didn't wanna say it because I wasn't sure. "Ju Ju Hounds" doesn't actually mean anything. It just came up by accident. I messed up a line in the studio and when we played it back it sounded like I sang "Ju Ju Hounds"

I think it's mentioned somewhere else aswell though only in more detail

And http://www.chopaway.com/articles/2005_eddie_ashworth.php

Outta Yer Blood-very raw blues rocker with Izzy on slide. This is the song where the Izzy sings something that sounds like "ju ju hound" and where the band and album name come from
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 02:35:31 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Chief
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 11:51:08 PM »

anyone know where i can hear any of these JuJu hounds outtakes? ive never heard of them before!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 12:47:41 AM »

^ Nobody has, there not out there except for a live version of 'Gotta Wanna Go' which I can upload here some time.

With that Q&A with producer Eddie Asworth it was the first time we learned about these outtakes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: