Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:53:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Is Bush the worst President in recent time?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Bush the worst President in recent time?  (Read 40574 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2005, 11:18:53 PM »

Let's put Bush's administration into perspective here...

When thinking of all time, the worst presidents are Franking Pierce, Millard Fillmore, and James Buchanan. They literally divided the nation by creating policies that favored the Northern states. I don't think we've had a president as bad as these in the last 100 years.

If by recent, we mean to last 10 administrations or so, I think LBJ would have to be the worst. He expanded the government's powers in the 60's, to the joy of liberals and Communists everywhere. Minor policies that FDR created to inspire confidence and hope became big bureaucratic nightmares. A little more money could have won us the Vietnam war instead.

He didn't know how to handle Vietnam. He didn't understand how to fight Communism. You can't destroy an idea with br00t force alone. To fight propaganda, destroy it with better propaganda. Don't make settlements or bargain for peace; the Communist cannot be trusted. When one's own news media turns liberal, the enemy's propaganda will have an advantage. A few infamous photographs ruined our chance to give the Vietnamese people freedom. Hell, there isn't even oil in that country! We were there out of pure altruism and had a chance to be heroes, and LBJ fumbled.? Angry After all his mistakes, we had 50,000 casualties (20x the Iraq deaths!) and the red army marched into Saigon and took down the American flag. no It's disgusting what happened...

For a real Cold War president, look up to Ronald Reagan.? peace If we had him as president in the 60's, Vietnam would be a free country now. Enough said.

Bush isn't nearly as great as Reagan, but he's not as bad as LBJ or Jimmy Carter. Overall, he's slightly above average for a Republican, and significantly better than an average Democrat. I give him 8/10. I think it would be intereting to have some ratings, and nothing stupid like 1/10. Wink

Reagan sucked to, and Vietnam would not be "free" had he been the President back then. We had no business being in Vietnam, just like we have no buisness being in Iraq right now. And yeah, RR did not bring down the "evil empire." They brought themselves down because they wanted guns and butter and ran out of money.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 11:21:35 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2005, 11:20:33 PM »

Bush isn't half the man Cartar is. Bush is pure slime, pure slime that had everything handed to him in life. I have more respect for the fecal matter hanging in my anal hair than I do for that fuckface.
POPmetal
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2005, 11:25:43 PM »

Let's put Bush's administration into perspective here...

When thinking of all time, the worst presidents are Franking Pierce, Millard Fillmore, and James Buchanan. They literally divided the nation by creating policies that favored the Northern states. I don't think we've had a president as bad as these in the last 100 years.

If by recent, we mean to last 10 administrations or so, I think LBJ would have to be the worst. He expanded the government's powers in the 60's, to the joy of liberals and Communists everywhere. Minor policies that FDR created to inspire confidence and hope became big bureaucratic nightmares. A little more money could have won us the Vietnam war instead.

He didn't know how to handle Vietnam. He didn't understand how to fight Communism. You can't destroy an idea with br00t force alone. To fight propaganda, destroy it with better propaganda. Don't make settlements or bargain for peace; the Communist cannot be trusted. When one's own news media turns liberal, the enemy's propaganda will have an advantage. A few infamous photographs ruined our chance to give the Vietnamese people freedom. Hell, there isn't even oil in that country! We were there out of pure altruism and had a chance to be heroes, and LBJ fumbled.? Angry After all his mistakes, we had 50,000 casualties (20x the Iraq deaths!) and the red army marched into Saigon and took down the American flag. no It's disgusting what happened...

For a real Cold War president, look up to Ronald Reagan.? peace If we had him as president in the 60's, Vietnam would be a free country now. Enough said.

Bush isn't nearly as great as Reagan, but he's not as bad as LBJ or Jimmy Carter. Overall, he's slightly above average for a Republican, and significantly better than an average Democrat. I give him 8/10. I think it would be intereting to have some ratings, and nothing stupid like 1/10. Wink

Reagan sucked to, and Vietnam would not be "free" had he been the President back then. We had no business being in Vietnam, just like we have no buisness being in Iraq right now. And yeah, RR did not bring down the "evil empire." They brought themselves down because they wanted guns and butter and ran out of money.

That's utter BS. Ask people who actually lived on the other side of the iron curtain, like me, and they'll tell you nobody did more to bring it down than Reagan. If somebody hadn't taken a stand and applied pressure like Reagan did, it would have taken a lot longer for Soviet Union to fall apart.
POPmetal
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2005, 11:29:50 PM »

Bush isn't half the man Cartar is. Bush is pure slime, pure slime that had everything handed to him in life. I have more respect for the fecal matter hanging in my anal hair than I do for that fuckface.

Wow! I'm impressed by your eloquence and intellect. I think I just might become a democrat so I can be more like you? Roll Eyes? nervous? no
RichardNixon
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2005, 11:30:56 PM »

The Soviet Union fell apart because they were too big and over expanded. They spent too much money keeping up the arms race. The seams started to burst in the late 60s. Reagan is not responsible taking the USSR apart. It would have happened anyway. ?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 11:36:07 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2005, 11:34:25 PM »

Wow! I'm impressed by your eloquence and intellect. I think I just might become a democrat so I can be more like you? Roll Eyes? nervous? no

Almost as eloquent and intellectual as that born again fruit we have in office. Now all I have to do is start an immoral war cause suffering to millions give unfair tax breaks, and I can be as great as your fuck-face hero. Oh, wait, I don?t have my daddy to get me into an ivy league school or bail me out whenever I have a DUI. My bad.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2005, 02:26:54 AM »

Guys I take it back.. George Washington wasn't the worst president ever. Grover Cleveland was! Has anyone even heard of this guy!? I mean, with a first name like Grover its a wonder he even won the race! Hes big and fat and ugly. And he should die.

Grover Cleveland is a gay!

-jack  rofl

gnrevolution.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2005, 03:51:33 AM »

But for YOUR information France runs on 80 percent nuclear, and other European countries use nuke power too.

Absolutely...i found these statistics interesting and surprising

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/ene_nuc_ele_gen_cap

Sweden in da house!

Guys I take it back.. George Washington wasn't the worst president ever. Grover Cleveland was! Has anyone even heard of this guy!? I mean, with a first name like Grover its a wonder he even won the race! Hes big and fat and ugly. And he should die.

Grover Cleveland is a gay!

-jack rofl

Please shut the fuck up, thanks.

As usual, you are wrong again.

Nothing surprising here. Narrow minded people are very often wrong about a lot of things. Sometimes I wonder why we even respond to his posts. lol Maybe for some readers not used to the guy? Grin

Unreal the shit that comes from his keyboard. Even more unreal that he is still here (after racist posts), and even more unreal is that he gets backed up by his 'group'.

Why don't all you fucking arm-chair warriors that like Bush all sign up and get your ass sent over t o Iraq if you believe in this war and this President? Huh? Why not...No? Just content to sit back and "support" the troops and tie a yellow ribbon around your front tree and let the others do the fighting.

It's ok, as long as it is not their ass getting shot at. It's rah rah rah, from the sidelines all day long. It's just like anything else in life: once it involves them directly, then all of a sudden everything changes! Just like people who voted for Bush who are now feeling the crunch at the pump. Everything is different once it hit them in the pocket book, hence dumbasses latest poll results (28 percent). In the meantime the few left supporting Bush put their made in China "support the troop ribbons" on the back of their SUVs and race off into fantasyland.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 03:55:50 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2005, 04:00:27 AM »

Come on slcpunk.. have some humor. lets be friends  love

gnrevolution.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2005, 04:09:26 AM »

Come on slcpunk.. have some humor. lets be friends  love

OK, lets be friends.

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2005, 07:21:27 AM »

Reagan sucked

You opinions should be ignored after this moronic statement.  There may be 5 people in the world that think this, and you are one of them.   Roll Eyes
RichardNixon
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2005, 08:25:36 AM »

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1192

More Gloss for the Gipper
The Myth of Reagan's "Enormous Popularity"

Extra! March/April 1989

By Michael Benhoff

Reagan left office bolstered by the oft-repeated media myth that he had been far and away the most popular of any president since World War II. But bearing in mind Mark Twain's observation that a lie gets half-way around the world before truth puts its boots on, the US public deserves to know what the polling data actually says.

According to Gallup polls taken throughout his presidency, Reagan was not one of the more popular presidents in the post-Roosevelt pack. At various points during his presidency he rated lower than the other presidents during comparable periods of their terms in office. For instance, during the first two years of Reagan's presidency, the public was giving President Reagan the lowest level of approval of all modern elected presidents. Reagan's average first year approval rating was 58%-- lower than Dwight Eisenhower's 69%, Jack Kennedy's 75%, Richard Nixon's 61% and Jimmy Carter's 62%.

The post-Roosevelt presidents who assumed office through circumstances other than elections scored higher approval ratings during their first months in office than Reagan. In October 1945, six months after FDR died, President Harry Truman received an 82% approval rating, down from 87% the previous June. In December 1963, shortly after JFK's assassination, Lyndon Johnson got a 79% public approval rating, and it stayed in the mid-to-low seventies until December 1964, when he scored 69%. Only Gerald Ford, who received a 71% approval rating in August 1974, declined below Reagan's first-year level.

Nor did the US public give Reagan higher marks in his second year than other post-World War II presidents. Reagan's approval rating at the end of his second year in office was 41%, with an average for that year of 44%. Compare these statistics to Eisenhower, who notched a 69% approval rating at the end of his second year and a 65% year's average; Kennedy's were 76% and 72% respectively; Nixon's 52% and 57%; and Carter's at 51% and 47%.

President Reagan's humdrum approval ratings continued throughout his first and second terms. Averaging 50% for his first term, Reagan fared slightly better than Ford at 47% and Carter at 47%, but with Gallup's 3% margin of error even these differences are not statistically significant. On the other band, Reagan's first term average was much lower than those of Presidents Kennedy (1961-63) who averaged a 70% approval rating, Eisenhower with a 69% average, and Nixon at 56%.

In May of the second year of his second term (1986), Reagan's 68% approval rating surpassed the mid-sixth year figures for two-term presidents. But after the Iran-Contra scnadal broke in the fall of 1986, Reagan's approval raing plummeted to 46%, leaving him wiht an unimpressive average for that year.

Reagan finished strong with a December 1988 Gallup poll recording a 63% approval rating. But given the 3% margin of error, this statistic is not appreciably different than the final ratings of Eisenhower (59%) or Kennedy (58%). Polls showed FDR with a 66% favorable tally at the time of his death.

Reagan's 52% average approval rating for his entire presidency was topped by Kennedy's 70% average, Eisenhower's 66%, Roosevelt's 68%, and even by Johnson (54%), who eschewed running for reelection because of the unpopularity of his Vietnam policy. In short, about half-- and sometimes more than half-- of the US public did not approve of Reagan's presidential performance. His approval index was not much better than the lowest modern presidential averages: Truman's and Ford's, each at 46%; Carter's at 47%; and 48% for Nixon.

Even the notion that the American public likes Ronald Reagan the man (as opposed to some of his policies) has been grossly exaggerated. Overall, his "likeability" percentages have ranged in the low-to-mid seventies, reaching a high of 81% in November 1985, and a low of 50% in August 1983. No other modern president's likeability indexes have generally fluctuated in the mid-to-upper seventies for all of Reagan's modern predecessors.

For example, 84% of Americans liked Ike in February 1956. In August 1964, 89% of Americans liked Johnson. Even in the summer months of Carter's final, unpopular year as president (just before his defeat by Reagan in the 1980 election), Carter scored a higher Gallup personal likeability index at 76% than Reagan's 73% during the comparable period of his Administration.

For anyone who cares to look at the actual polling data, the facts show that Reagan was definitely not the most popular post-war president, and during many comparable periods he was among the most unpopular.

RichardNixon
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2005, 08:35:57 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/poll_reagan010806.html

Improving With Age
Reagan Approval Grows Better in Retrospect

By Dalia Sussman

Aug. 6, 2001? Two-thirds of Americans look back favorably on Ronald Reagan's presidency, a better rating than he received while serving in the White House. 
Reagan's average approval rating during his two terms in office was 57 percent, in the mid-range for a postwar president and tied with Bill Clinton's rating. But looking back today, more Americans ? 66 percent ? say they approve of Reagan's work, according to an ABCNEWS/Washington Post poll.

That's a familiar phenomenon: Presidents tend to be rated better as they recede from the fray. Reagan scored a similarly strong retrospective job approval rating in February 2000. And Jimmy Carter's was 66 percent in a poll a couple of years ago ? a full 20 points higher than his career average while in office.

Reagan's approval rating while he served peaked at 73 percent in the spring of 1981, after he was shot and wounded in an assassination attempt, and hit 70 percent in 1986, after he ordered a bombing raid against Libya. It fell to a low of 42 percent in early 1983, following a surge in unemployment, and dropped to 44 percent in early 1987, during the Iran-Contra controversy.
Reagan's Job Performance

Approve  Disapprove   
7/30/01  66%  27  (Retrospective)
2/27/00 64  26  (Retrospective)
'81-'88  57  39  (Career average)
2/26/87  44  51  Low ? Iran-Contra
4/26/86  70  26  High ? Libya bombing
1/22/83 42  54  Low ? unemployment
4/22/81  73  19  High ? shot by Hinckley

Nearly seven in 10 Americans also report a favorable overall impression of Reagan, up 12 points since the last asking in 1994, and up from a low of 48 percent in August 1988. That may reflect public sympathy with the 90-year-old former president's struggle with Alzheimer's disease.

Partisan Splits

Reagan still incites sharp partisan differences. A whopping 87 percent of Republicans approve of his work as president, but that dives to 48 percent of Democrats. Independents fall in between.

Rating Reagan

Approve  Disapprove
Republicans 87%  8
Democrats 48  45
Independents  68 25

Reagan also gets a 79 percent positive rating from conservatives, compared to 69 percent from moderates and just 45 percent from liberals.

Methodology

This ABCNEWS/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone July 26-30 among a random national sample of 1,352 adults. The results have a 2.5-point error margin. Field work was conducted by TNS Intersearch of Horsham, Pa.

Previous ABCNEWS polls can be found in our Poll Vault.

RichardNixon
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2005, 08:39:39 AM »

Carter also has a high approval rating now, so there Grin
sandman
Legend

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2005, 08:59:36 AM »

reagan's rise in approcal ratings has A LITTLE to do with the long-term impact of his presidency (i.e. people that argued against his policies during his administration realized they were wrong years later)

i love the anger all the lefties in here. it cracks me up and makes my morning coffee taste so much better.  ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2005, 09:04:41 AM »

A lot of those people would rather see Iraq fail so that Bush will be embarrassed.
This is sadly true.

This is bullshit.

Total bullshit.
Oh, come on. ?You are telling me that noneone out there was hoping that Bush would fail in Iraq from the start. ?There are plenty of people that simply hated Bush ever since he won Florida. ?I think there is a faction out there, on the left and the right, that would rather see people embarrassed and their views vindicated, then to see that the person they hated made a right decision.

Again, I believe the decision to go to war in Iraq was a mistake. ?But there are some that refuse to acknowledge anything positive ever, and that place the blame on Bush for everything.

Bush did not "win" Florida. That whole election was stolen. And no I wont "get over it." Gore was robbed and the election of 2000 was a joke and made a farce of our "great democracy."

How many times did they have to count the votes over and over again? ?Everytime it came up with Bush as the winner. ?People who were ineligible to vote or did not meet the voting requirements in Florida should not be counted, plain and simple. ?If you don't like the voting laws, fine advocate change. ?If you don't like the electoral college, fine advocate change. ?But give the whole Bush stole Florida thing a fuckin' rest. ?Do you see Republicans bitching about how Kennedy used his mob influence in WV to steal the election against Nixon - hell no and that was real theft if there ever was. ?Gore couldn't even win his home state of Tennesse. ?Take Farenheit 9/11 out of your dvd player and seek out the truth.

You conspiracy theory wackos are really crossing the line. ?You want to talk about banning people in this forum, maybe you should start with the person who advocated the assasination of America's President. ?That certainly made me feel 'uncomfortable' and god forbid we express a view that makes someone uneasy. Yet someone committs a felony and not a word is said. ?
RichardNixon
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2005, 09:20:51 AM »

No conspiracy theories. Why not just let the final count go through? That election was stolen. Bush?s first term was illegitimate. 
Surfrider
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2005, 10:40:27 AM »

A lot of those people would rather see Iraq fail so that Bush will be embarrassed.
This is sadly true.

This is bullshit.

Total bullshit.
Oh, come on. ?You are telling me that noneone out there was hoping that Bush would fail in Iraq from the start. ?There are plenty of people that simply hated Bush ever since he won Florida. ?I think there is a faction out there, on the left and the right, that would rather see people embarrassed and their views vindicated, then to see that the person they hated made a right decision.

Again, I believe the decision to go to war in Iraq was a mistake. ?But there are some that refuse to acknowledge anything positive ever, and that place the blame on Bush for everything.

Bush did not "win" Florida. That whole election was stolen. And no I wont "get over it." Gore was robbed and the election of 2000 was a joke and made a farce of our "great democracy."
OK Roll Eyes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2005, 12:35:20 PM »

No conspiracy theories. Why not just let the final count go through? That election was stolen. Bush?s first term was illegitimate. 

People always ignore the fact there was a lawsuit that was won by the blacks against the State of Florida for their votes not being counted that day.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2005, 12:59:31 PM »

Reagan sucked

You opinions should be ignored after this moronic statement.  There may be 5 people in the world that think this, and you are one of them.   Roll Eyes

Five people...ok

Please post link.....

PS, Hey I remember when I asked you to debate me one on one. But you said it was stupid and you had a life. You didn't have time to take on facts, figures and articles beating you down. But somehow, you have had time to come back as a new user, and post all day long. Posting stuff like you did above.

So you can't take me on, one on one in a controlled debate where you will be held for accountability and sources, because you "don't have time" and "have a life" but do have time to come back and post bullshit.

Hmmm...imagine that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: