Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:11:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Rate my band/songs "Better" & "Like"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate my band/songs "Better" & "Like"  (Read 1830 times)
TheMole
« on: June 14, 2006, 07:06:02 AM »

We recorded some stuff we've been doing recently and I've got a very rough mix to share from a song....
Opinions appreciated (on the song, structure, playing, vocals - we know the mix sucks Wink ).

BTW, this song used to be called "Better", but we didn't know about the leaks back then, so it's now called "Better Than You"
Linky: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=4482375C2C80E831

Second song is more of a ballad, power ballad type thing in which the mix is a tad better, but not very good at all yet. Comments on this one also very welcome... (but be carefull, this one has emotional baggage for me Wink). Song is called "Like"
Second Linky: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=847403506DD62E9E

Greetz,

TheMole
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:52:38 AM by TheMole » Logged
gtaxe25
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 10:22:03 PM »

I think the song flows allright from beginning to end.  ok
The solo fits perfectly with the song but for some reason I find it odd how it closes it.  ok
Since I didn't take the time to analyze the lyrics, I wont be able to rate that.
Change the name back to "Better".  Angry
The leaks have nothing to do with your song, and besides, "Better" sounds better than "Better than You".  Grin
The intro sounds pretty catchy to me. (I'm not talking about the Drum sticks)  peace
TheMole
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 05:04:00 AM »

I think the song flows allright from beginning to end.  ok
The solo fits perfectly with the song but for some reason I find it odd how it closes it.  ok
Since I didn't take the time to analyze the lyrics, I wont be able to rate that.
Change the name back to "Better".  Angry
The leaks have nothing to do with your song, and besides, "Better" sounds better than "Better than You".  Grin
The intro sounds pretty catchy to me. (I'm not talking about the Drum sticks)  peace

Thanks, I'll keep that thing about the ending in mind. Maybe we need somekind of coda/bridge te end this with?

I posted another one I would like some comments on from you guys, I editted the original post with the link.
You can find it at http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=847403506DD62E9E . This one is called 'Like' and it's more of a ballad/power ballad in the end.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 12:02:36 PM »

The leaks have nothing to do with your song, and besides, "Better" sounds better than "Better than You".? Grin

That's a lot of Betters in one sentence. Mole, I should point out Metallica had a song called Better Than You, so your still fucked lol!

TheMole
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 05:38:36 AM »

That's a lot of Betters in one sentence. Mole, I should point out Metallica had a song called Better Than You, so your still fucked lol!

Wasn't that "Better Than Thou"? Smiley
Anywayz, did ya hear the songs? Any thoughts?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: