Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:10:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  September 11, 2001---5 year anniversary
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 11, 2001---5 year anniversary  (Read 5848 times)
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« on: September 06, 2006, 12:00:53 PM »

I don't know if there is a topic started for this so....

I can't believe it has been 5 years already.  I remember every moment of that day.  I am not gonna get political with this.  I am just extending my prayers and thoughts to the family, friends, etc. that perished that day.  And to give thanks to all the FDNY, NYPD, the brave men and women of United 93, and to all those involved in rescue efforts, the clean up of ground zero,etc.  You will always be remembered and thank you.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 03:31:13 PM »

anniversary isnt the word you meant to use.....

or is it? nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 10:57:06 AM »

No I meant rememberance or something.....Sorry

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 06:35:27 PM »

wow i cant believe 5 years already, ill never forget the day it happened. i was in my highschool in long island teaching the class because my teacher had stepped out of the classroom to talk to the principal and came running back in, put on the tv and told us that if we could to leave school and go home. it was the most upsetting day of my life because of all those people who died, and the fact that ever since i was born i drove past though towers almost every day of my life. my uncle, and a lot of my friends are firemen, and they were there for? months after.

R.I.P 9/11
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 08:37:01 PM »

It was a great loss, a nightmarish and sad day. I'm sorry for all who died and those who lost loved ones.

R.I.P
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 11:23:01 AM »

It's awful. Its such a memory it's like it happened yesterday because the world is still unrecovered from the impact of the event

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 04:45:57 PM »

well i was lying in my bed this mornin and the thought had dawned on me that i was merely just a junior in highschool at the time that the horrible day happened... and i continued to realize how much that day changed all of our lives... ive graduated since then and gone on to do other things, as most people have.. but i sat back and started to count how many of my peers joined some sort of a force. (army, marines, navy etc.etc.).. if it werent for the people that decided to risk their lives for us and this great country i dont know where we would all be.. i would jsut liek to take this moment to thank, pray, and hope for all of their safe returns... God Blessand thank you  ok

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
sandman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »

And to give thanks to all the FDNY, NYPD, the brave men and women of United 93, and to all those involved in rescue efforts, the clean up of ground zero,etc.? You will always be remembered and thank you.

i second that!!  ok

it's a sad day indeed.

moments of silence were/are scheduled for:
8:46 a.m. ET - the moment American Airlines Flight 11 slammed into the trade center's north tower
9:03 a.m. ET - the moment United Airlines Flight 175 struck the south tower
9:59 a.m. ET - when the south tower fell
10:29 a.m. ET -  when the north tower collapsed

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 12:55:55 PM »

I was working for the National Railway Enquiries call centre in Newcastle.

Was about 1.30pm over here in England when it happened. Within an hour Kings Cross and all the London stations had been closed and we were put on high alert in case there were any other attacks.

Even now it all seems so surreal, but life goes on

Be Aware of Legacy
SuperMike
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 01:11:25 PM »

RIP 9/11 victims and my sympathy always goes out to your famlies and friends
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:15:03 PM by SuperMike » Logged
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »

Our mainl TV channel showed the film the NAULET brothers ( french) did that day. They were making a documentary on the firemen in NY ( how a new young on becomes a full firefighter/man, during 9 months)

So that day, they were there.

One was INSIDE the tower, filming, with company 7.

And i rewatched, reheard the awful sounds of people falling off the roof and the firefighters almost crying as they heard ( about one corpse each minute), above their heads.

Resaw how the whole thing up until they realised the two towers were down, both oh them burrying their familirs, their friends and anonymous ones.....

So, RIP

Extra thoughts to the people who are sick NOW, with the 9/11 illnesses.

Nothing to say
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 01:25:54 PM »

today it is:

5 years ago WTC
3 years ago anna lindh got murdered
2 years ago a train crashed 10 miles from my home, two fathers died..

RIP
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 05:14:50 PM »

So I was working today right by central park on 5th avenue awaiting the 8:46 mark and then later a moment for 9:03..Well this whole never forget shit, well everyone forgot.. Amazing how laxed everyone has become in 5 short years and the trade center isn't even rebuilt (the site besides 7).. So as I work I hear chopping guns drills hammers etc and I look at my watch and it's 8:55, the fucking city didn't even skip a beat, didn't even stop, not a bell or horn or anything to have you take notice.. In 2002 bells whistles meetings on the street etc were happening..

Sadly I missed my first moment of silence, but didn't miss my second, as I went outdoors on the 10th floor looked down again it was like this was just a regular day, not a soul acknowledged the second plane hitting.. As I stood there quiet watching people go about their care free brain dead day my job site was as noisy as ever.. To sum it up it's quite amazing how quick we forget and before you know it, it's like 4th of july or veteran's day or even christmas.. ten years from now no one will even be thinking of it at this rate

end of rant
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 05:26:16 PM »

It's funny you say that Mike. I was here in my office expecting an email to come around re; taking a moment of silence or all going outside or something. Never happened. The people around didn't even say anything all day. I understand trying to move on & all, but how about taking a little something. I ended up taking a moment of silence on my own, also browsed around cnn.com for a while this morning, just to seek some sort of comfort.

I don't work in NYC so when I saw you posted something I thought I'd read what experience you went thru. When I read the first sentence I thought your story was going in a completely different direction. I guess no matter where you go, or what you do, it's always the same.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 05:51:04 PM »

That is just the attitute of people Mike though it was a completely different scene downtown, as Im sure you know, its funny above houston st, and its a differnt world.  Where I work im literally across the street from ground zero, was a pretty emotional day for me, as I worked at the trade center up to 9/11. And then left for 4 1/2 yrs working other parts of the city.

What I've come to know and what I find really positve is that the area is becoming so vibrant again, and so much is goin on with many positve pushes of makng the area one of the best places to be. And Im sure those who did perish as well as those who lost loved ones, friends,etc, will tell you they feel good about the progress, in gerneral. And Im sure those who are gone would be proud of the way downtown hs rebounded. Yes its annoyingly slow the actual rebuilding of the site it self, but it really needs to be done right.

I dont neccesarrily get down on people who go on with life, but Im sure more people than not in some way or another were remebering , what happened that day. I know I was.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 06:30:55 PM »

true jaz, i mean something has to be going on down in that area, i'm just amazed how new yorkers act..  I have moved on 100 times over, yet on sept 11th you have to take a second especially living or working in NYC,.. It was cell phone city at 9;03
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 10:29:57 PM »

It's a day I'm going to rember forever. It's sad how a lot people forget about it only after 5 years. It's sad to say some pople only rember it when somethign like this happens again and I hope it never does.   

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Elrothiel
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 03:09:47 PM »

I made this yesterday... I may not be American, but I care just the same.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 03:21:20 PM »

i watched that thing bbc2 "the path to 9/11" and it was so informative and such a great programme i thought, such a tradgic day for america and all thsoe innocent people killed Cry

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 04:00:50 PM »

Sadly I missed my first moment of silence, but didn't miss my second, as I went outdoors on the 10th floor looked down again it was like this was just a regular day, not a soul acknowledged the second plane hitting.. As I stood there quiet watching people go about their care free brain dead day my job site was as noisy as ever.. To sum it up it's quite amazing how quick we forget and before you know it, it's like 4th of july or veteran's day or even christmas.. ten years from now no one will even be thinking of it at this rate

end of rant
Maybe all those care free brain dead folks sadly missed the second moment of silence, but didn't miss the first, during which they all  went outdoors on the 10th floor looked down....etc etc.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:27:45 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 04:04:14 PM »

I was living on Long Island at the time. ?I was still sleeping when my mother came in and told me to turn on the news because a plane had hit one of the twin towers. ?my first thought was some idiot in a cesna had hit the building, like what JFK Jr. was flying when he and his wife crashed. ?did not even think attack until the second plane hit, and even then I couldn't even wrap my brain around the fact that someone would intentionally fly a plane into a building.
my mother and i had planned to be downtown that day to go shopping for buttons (i sew) but hadn't planned to leave until around 10 am. ?she had told me later that the night before she thought it would be nice to take me to Windows on the World to eat, since I'd never been. ?I'd lived on Long Island my entire life, and I have no memory of the one time I actually saw the towers, since supposedly my mom and I had walked through the plaza, but I guess I didn't look up because I don't remember it. ?
My father was on his way to work when the planes hit. ?He was driving in but they had closed the bridges and tunnels so he turned around and came home. ?He said he could smell the smoke and he hadn't even made it to Queens yet.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 04:07:14 PM »

anniversary isnt the word you meant to use.....

or is it? nervous

Anniversary doesn't always have to be for a positive event.
It's to "commemorate and/or celebrate."
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: