Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 494316 times)
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2016, 04:55:48 PM »

ACDC should do the obvious and call it quits.Take Motorhead's example and enough already.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2016, 05:04:37 PM »

As far as ACDC go... once you release like 10-15 albums you're toast. It is very very hard to be creative past 10-15 albums in the same genre. A lot of their songs have the same feel and blandness.

They have some really good songs...but when you've put out 17 albums it gets silly. Unless you switch it up.

I wouldn't want Gn'R to put out 17 albums. Quality would suffer for sure. I'm good though, they've put out 1 album in the last 25 years.

Well 1 studio album with new music.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2016, 05:51:48 PM »

Here's a potential new singer for ACDC.  Seriously, give it a moment for Highway to Hell to kick in.

http://mashable.com/2016/03/21/acdc-opera-singer/#bKgk32pReZqq

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2016, 05:52:39 PM »

Here's a potential new singer for ACDC.  Seriously, give it a moment for Highway to Hell to kick in.

Saw this the other day.  She's incredible.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2016, 05:57:51 PM »

I don't see what's so unbelievable about this. He'd only be guesting for 10 shows and we know Axl is a big AC/DC fan, I mean he's covered them tons over the years.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2016, 06:37:54 PM »

Amazing!

Here today...ready to rock
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2016, 06:53:22 PM »

Does anyone see this really happening?Huh??. Think about it for a second... Axl has the biggest shows of the last 23 years of his career coming up in 3 weeks with his number 1 lead guitarist he hasn't played with since 1993.  Do you really think he needs anymore pressure with side-projects and/or distractions on top of that? All eyes of the rock world are on him and Slash 1st week of April and beyond... i think its fair to say hes got plenty on his plate right now.

As for wanting more information (thorned rose)... i get where you are coming from, ive been a huge vocal critic of the lack of information thats come through over the years, especially since the last vegas residency finished. However..... i cannot fault or be critical of the GNR team since this was announced on Jan 6.

yeah sure, an interview with the guys would have been one way to go about it, or announcing a full line up... but we dont know the details of whats gone on behind the scenes, maybe there was nothing to announce, and they could have announced there was nothing to announce because they dont know... but that doesnt seem anywhere near as cool as what we have right now, so why say something if theres nothing to say? What we do know is.. .slash and duff and Axl are back, and for me... thats all i ever wanted. So it's fair to say i am happy as a pig in shit right now and as this draws closer, im getting more excited. The rest of it.... doesnt really matter.

If i have a wish beyond this its this.... as a fan who cant make it to these U.S shows... i do hope the GNR camp have plans to release a pro shot dvd of the first gig back with these 3 guys, so that fans the world over can enjoy it. I really hope im not reduced to blurry camera phone footage.... beyond that... ill be happy.

Just enjoy the ride dude. stress less... its almost here bro. 

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2016, 07:24:07 PM »

Does anyone see this really happening?Huh??. Think about it for a second... Axl has the biggest shows of the last 23 years of his career coming up in 3 weeks with his number 1 lead guitarist he hasn't played with since 1993.  Do you really think he needs anymore pressure with side-projects and/or distractions on top of that? All eyes of the rock world are on him and Slash 1st week of April and beyond... i think its fair to say hes got plenty on his plate right now.

As for wanting more information (thorned rose)... i get where you are coming from, ive been a huge vocal critic of the lack of information thats come through over the years, especially since the last vegas residency finished. However..... i cannot fault or be critical of the GNR team since this was announced on Jan 6.

yeah sure, an interview with the guys would have been one way to go about it, or announcing a full line up... but we dont know the details of whats gone on behind the scenes, maybe there was nothing to announce, and they could have announced there was nothing to announce because they dont know... but that doesnt seem anywhere near as cool as what we have right now, so why say something if theres nothing to say? What we do know is.. .slash and duff and Axl are back, and for me... thats all i ever wanted. So it's fair to say i am happy as a pig in shit right now and as this draws closer, im getting more excited. The rest of it.... doesnt really matter.

If i have a wish beyond this its this.... as a fan who cant make it to these U.S shows... i do hope the GNR camp have plans to release a pro shot dvd of the first gig back with these 3 guys, so that fans the world over can enjoy it. I really hope im not reduced to blurry camera phone footage.... beyond that... ill be happy.

Ive really enjoyed your posts lately, after the undeniably rocky start initially, I still think you may be a victim of the body snatchers though  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »

Ive really enjoyed your posts lately, after the undeniably rocky start initially, I still think you may be a victim of the body snatchers though  hihi

yeah it was a massively rocky start  Cheesy

I know that i was vocal about my criticisms with regards to information coming out from the GNR camp late 2014 and all through 2015... and whilst i do believe what i said was warranted at the time to a point, i also believe that with hindsight, there is always another side to the story. This reunion didn't just fall together in 2 minutes. So the lack of information was (at least with my hindsight) a way of protecting what they were working on which would have been extremely  complex issues which didn't need to be aired publicly. Which is 100% correct the way to do things. And that could still be the case today...there could be a number of issues why they haven't announced the 4th and 5th players... or anything else for that matter, and im cool with that because i can see the other half of the story now.

Also, one last thing.... whilst i was critical at the time, i also believe its important to give credit where its due. The GNR team IMO has been clinical in how its announced the details of Slash and Duff coming back, the information and the way its been released has been strategic and done in a cool manner as well. So for that... they need to be given all the kudos they deserve. People will always want more, thats life... the trick is to keep them wanting more.. and for that... GNR are succeeding right now.

I only wish i was going to one of these shows.... but like i said.. hopefully something pro-shot is in the works so i can watch it over and over again and teach my little boy how fooking cool this band is.  beer
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:42:05 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2016, 07:52:11 PM »

As for AC/DC if the big fella has to call time end it while its ahead..guest singers..ridiculous
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »

As for AC/DC if the big fella has to call time end it while its ahead..guest singers..ridiculous

Not sure on this point....

Adam Lambert has done a fucking excellent job holding up his part for Queen.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2016, 07:56:36 PM »

If the reports coming in that Brian was in fact fired is true, the situation is a bit different I think.

I'm also thinking that could be a wormhole Axl might want to think twice about entering.. The AC/DC fans will be divided.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2016, 07:58:18 PM »

If the reports coming in that Brian was in fact fired is true, the situation is a bit different I think.

I'm also thinking that could be a wormhole Axl might want to think twice about entering.. The AC/DC fans will be divided.

100% agree mate.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2016, 07:58:55 PM »

Wasn't that story about him being fired walked back by his comedian pal that started it?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2016, 08:00:34 PM »

Wasn't that story about him being fired walked back by his comedian pal that started it?

It gained new life when a second source came forward confirming the story.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2016, 08:04:09 PM »

It gained new life when a second source came forward confirming the story.

Wow. 

Damn.

Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2016, 01:21:14 AM »

AC/DC would be so good with Axl singing but this seems more like a job for the Jizzy Pearls, Miles Kennedys, and Sammy Hagars of the world.
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2016, 02:35:00 AM »

definitely not!!!!!

AC DC is only full rasp every single damn little song. Maybe in 1987.

axlvai
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2016, 02:45:30 AM »

"I think it was the Melody maker that called us weak AC/DC. I ain't no Bon Scott, but that's a Whole Lotta Rosie to me"
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2016, 08:51:40 PM »

Ross Malcolm Young, son of Malcolm Young from AC/DC just shared on his facebook the Ultimate-Guitar article about this.
Could this be some kind of confirmation??  Huh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: