Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:07:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  John Fuckin' Kerry sticks his foot in his mouth again! Disrespects U.S troops!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Fuckin' Kerry sticks his foot in his mouth again! Disrespects U.S troops!  (Read 29034 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »

kerry's response today was pathetic. he brings up Rush to try to remind everyone that we should be talking about that. then he throws out the "strawman" comment. he sounded like a talk show host, not a leader.

then he basically says that as a veteran, he wouldn't criticize our troops. BUT he had no problem stating the following in 1971....

"According to Kerry, some of the 150 veterans admitted they "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam..."
?

Is it criticizing to point out truth/fact, even if its grossly unflattering???

I guess we should just bury our heads in the sand when something bad comes along.....like a congressman sending dirty emails to an underage boy?

Sad arguement dude.

so kerry's comments were FACT???

can you say blinded? and you accuse others of not using common sense and looking at things fairly. ?rofl rofl

and many people believe the army is a bunch of uneducated people. see mdttkk's post.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 08:39:04 PM »

What he says looks plain and simple to me. I can't see how any of it can be taken out of context and/or mistorted. It is what it is.

It looks plain and simple because you want to believe it is.  Theres not a single mention of soldiers or potential soldiers in that quote is there?

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Nope.  Pretty ambiguous subject there.  So its a little less plain and simple, isnt it?  This is where context might be able to solve the mystery.  It came in a anti-Bush, anti-Republican campaign rally speech?  Put it together.

Did O'reilly chime in?

Yes, I had the thrill of waking up from a nap with FOX News on and seeing his opening segment.  He said he doesnt at all believe Kerry meant to disparage the troops.  Of course, he overhyped the potential impact of the story on the elections.  The media has been shameful in this, letting the White House press department dictate whats important and making a big story out of their willful misunderstanding.  And thats all this is - a misunderstanding of a line.  Once thats explained by the author, and it has been, its time to let the story die.  It didnt mean what you thought it did, so drop the indignation act.  If you want indignation, look back at Bushs Def Comedy Jam performance.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 08:43:08 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 08:39:25 PM »

kerry's response today was pathetic. he brings up Rush to try to remind everyone that we should be talking about that. then he throws out the "strawman" comment. he sounded like a talk show host, not a leader.

then he basically says that as a veteran, he wouldn't criticize our troops. BUT he had no problem stating the following in 1971....

"According to Kerry, some of the 150 veterans admitted they "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam..."

Is it criticizing to point out truth/fact, even if its grossly unflattering???

I guess we should just bury our heads in the sand when something bad comes along.....like a congressman sending dirty emails to an underage boy?

Sad arguement dude.

so kerry's comments were FACT???

can you say blinded? and you accuse others of not using common sense and looking at things fairly.  rofl rofl

and many people believe the army is a bunch of uneducated people. see mdttkk's post.

wait, wait, wait....you're saying some of those things didn't happen in Nam??  Dude, most of that stuff happened at Abu Grab Ass prison!! 

oh and so MDTTKK says it AND Kerry "says" it....yeah that MUST mean most dems/libs think it!!   Roll Eyes  sigh.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 08:43:19 PM »

What he says looks plain and simple to me. I can't see how any of it can be taken out of context and/or mistorted. It is what it is.

It looks plain and simple because you want to believe it is.  Theres not a single mention of soldiers or potential soldiers in that quote is there?

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Nope.  Pretty ambiguous subject there.  So its a little less plain and simple, isnt it?  This is where context might be able to solve the mystery.  It came in a anti-Bush, anti-Republican campaign rally speech?  Put it together.

Did O'reilly chime in?

Yes, I had the thrill of waking up from a nap with FOX News on and seeing his opening segment.  He said he doesnt at all believe Kerry meant to disparage the troops.  Of course, he overhyped the potential impact of the story on the elections.  The media has been shameful in this, letting the White House press department dictate whats important and making a big story out of their willful misunderstanding.

So one of the biggest Rep/conservative talking heads even says Kerry didn't mean to crap on the troops, Chris Matthews says so too, Dick Armey, a republican, former House Majority Leader, was laughing at the Rep reaction, but Drew and Sandman think its "plain and simple" to them  rofl rofl rofl

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2006, 08:45:50 PM »

Booker, who else could Kerry be talking about being "stuck in Iraq"? It's plain and simple who he is talking about. It's U.S. troops.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2006, 08:47:21 PM »

Booker, who else could Kerry be talking about being "stuck in Iraq"?

Um, the guy he was talking about the ENTIRE REST OF THE SPEECH!!!   rofl

sandman
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2006, 08:50:23 PM »

i'm saying that if you're gonna make those statements about the troops, you better be 100% certain those things are true. i.e. first hand, eye-witnessed knowledge.

but in case you were asleep in 2004, kerry's remarks were based on second hand info. second hand info that many troops claim isn't true. and these troops were there!

so who should i believe, kerry based on his second hand info; or the troops. who knows what really happened? i have no idea. i wasn't there.

but for kerry to say those damaging things about the troops (and put their lives at risk while he's sitting safe away from the battle field) without first hand knowledge speaks volumes about his character (at that time). ?

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2006, 08:51:45 PM »

Bush isn't stuck in Iraq. He could pull every U.S troop out of Iraq anytime he wanted to with one order.

The U.S. troops are the ones Kerry is talking about!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2006, 08:54:46 PM »

Bush isn't stuck in Iraq. He could pull every U.S troop out of Iraq anytime he wanted to with one order.

The U.S. troops are the ones Kerry is talking about!

Your logic is as flawed as RandallFlaggs in the other thread.

You are focusing on ONE sentence.  Kerry was talking about Bush the entire time before that comment was made.  Read his response, read what he said he meant to say, read the rest of the speech. 

And you got to be kidding me that he could pull everyone out with one order.  Really, you're kidding right?  We're NOT stuck in Iraq?  Dude, have you read a paper lately?

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2006, 08:56:49 PM »

i'm saying that if you're gonna make those statements about the troops, you better be 100% certain those things are true. i.e. first hand, eye-witnessed knowledge.

but in case you were asleep in 2004, kerry's remarks were based on second hand info. second hand info that many troops claim isn't true. and these troops were there!

so who should i believe, kerry based on his second hand info; or the troops. who knows what really happened? i have no idea. i wasn't there.

but for kerry to say those damaging things about the troops (and put their lives at risk while he's sitting safe away from the battle field) without first hand knowledge speaks volumes about his character (at that time). 

Answer me this, from everything you've read/heard about Vietnam, do you think some, if not all, of those atrocities occurred?  Simple yes or no.  Like you said, you weren't there.  Neither was bush or cheney.  Kerry was.  I think you can give him the benefit of the doubt here.  Unlike you and me and the current admin, hes a veteran.  You talk about giving troops respect?  Well Kerry was one, how about showing him a little?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2006, 08:59:03 PM »

wow, the liberals are bragging about having o'reilly on their side. you guys are desperate.

i think all the repubicans owe Mr. Kerry a big "Thank You". ?hihi

not quite as good as some of the gems from 2004 ("i actually voted for the $87B, before i voted against it." ?rofl), but this is up there.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2006, 09:04:14 PM »

Booker, who else could Kerry be talking about being "stuck in Iraq"? It's plain and simple who he is talking about. It's U.S. troops.

Youll often hear during debates that Bush "went to Iraq," meaning he took the country to war in Iraq.  Its not a literal statement, you see.  Neither is it when somebody says Bush will "stay in Iraq."  Not literal.  Bush isnt literally stuck in Iraq, but we all know that Bush is stuck in Iraq.  His stupid decisions have led to this situation in which he and those shaped the policy are stuck in Iraq.  Thus, the crux of the joke. 

And after this, you repeat (as in many of your other posts) "It was the U.S. troops!" as if youre trying to convince yourself at this point.  Ver telling.

Yes, he theoretically could do that, just like John Kerry could theoretically insult U.S. troops for absolutely no reason, or Max Baucus could theoretically throw his cellphone at Kay Bailey-Hutchinson  - he wont.  Again, hes not literally stuck in Iraq.  Politically, he is.  Figuratively, he is.  If you disagree, then its a completely different matter of denial, but you should at least know that John Kerry does believe Bush is stuck in Iraq.  With that understanding out of the way, you can acknowledge the plausability of Kerrys explanation, although you wont, because youd rather make the meaning up yourself.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:11:55 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2006, 09:07:05 PM »

wow, the liberals are bragging about having o'reilly on their side. you guys are desperate.

i think all the repubicans owe Mr. Kerry a big "Thank You".  hihi

not quite as good as some of the gems from 2004 ("i actually voted for the $87B, before i voted against it."  rofl), but this is up there.

It's not bragging, it's showing you and Drew how ridiculous you are.  If O'reilly and Matthews (and I'll wager there will be plenty more) are laughing at the GOP reaction, doesn't that tell you something?

And lets not start quoting politicians goof ups.  Bush has an entire calendar of quotes, one for each day of the year.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2006, 09:10:44 PM »

Your logic is as flawed as RandallFlaggs in the other thread.

You are focusing on ONE sentence.  Kerry was talking about Bush the entire time before that comment was made.  Read his response, read what he said he meant to say, read the rest of the speech. 

And you got to be kidding me that he could pull everyone out with one order.  Really, you're kidding right?  We're NOT stuck in Iraq?  Dude, have you read a paper lately?

My logic isn't flawed. Just because you don't agree with me you autommatically claim my logic is flawed. This topic and the other ones. I'm always the one who is wrong and blind.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2006, 09:14:38 PM »

My logic isn't flawed.

Yes it is.  When stating "Bush isn't stuck in Iraq" in reference to the intentions of John Kerrys words, you make the assumption that John Kerry is somehow beholden to the opinion of Drew from the HTGTH message board.  Once you realize that hes not of the same opinion, youll be able to understand that your point is moot. 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2006, 09:17:49 PM »

My logic isn't flawed.

Yes it is.  When stating "Bush isn't stuck in Iraq" in reference to the intentions of John Kerrys words, you make the assumption that John Kerry is somehow beholden to the opinion of Drew from the HTGTH message board.  Once you realize that hes not of the same opinion, youll be able to understand that your point is moot. 

Funny how I'm not the only one saying it Drew. 

And I DID AGREE with you regarding the stupidity of the words themselves, but I don't think there is anymore point in arguing his true intentions/meanings.  It was a BAD goof up on his part and I'm sure (sadly) he'll take a hit for it.  But it's fun to hear you two desperately try to make something out of this  ok

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2006, 09:17:59 PM »

My logic isn't flawed.

The same kind of assumptions are made every day about the Republicans and Bush. yet those are always right on by most of you(not all) and not ever flawed.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2006, 09:19:55 PM »

Funny how I'm not the only one saying it Drew. 

And I DID AGREE with you regarding the stupidity of the words themselves, but I don't think there is anymore point in arguing his true intentions/meanings.  It was a BAD goof up on his part and I'm sure (sadly) he'll take a hit for it.  But it's fun to hear you two desperately try to make something out of this  ok

Well you know something HannaHat, I really appreciate your agreement with me on that point.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2006, 09:22:58 PM »

The same kind of assumptions are made every day about the Republicans and Bush. yet those are always right on by most of you(not all) and not ever flawed.

And the subject changes...

Ive pointed out the flaw in your logic.  All youve done in this thread is desperately try to convince yourself that youre right because you dont like John Kerry and your team is desperate.  Thats all there is to it.  Dishonesty.
Brody
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2006, 09:24:52 PM »

funny! I nearly laughed my ass of when i heard this coward say this! but lets see the liberals will spin in to! The Republicans made him say it! bla bla!

<<<<<-------------------------- ONE OF THE KIDS WHO DID NOT STUDY HARD, AND WORK TO GET SMARTERER LUCKY IM NOT STUCK IN IRAQ DOGH!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:29:00 PM by Brody » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: