Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:10:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "...that one extra step further..."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "...that one extra step further..."  (Read 11498 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« on: March 31, 2004, 01:40:25 PM »

"Rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details), this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further,"

I agree. Rather than dwell on the negative, how 'bout we speculate about this line of Axl's letter. What could an "extra step further" mean?

Got to thinking that Axl (despite Fink and Fortus' capabilities) will probably invite a new guitarist to join the band...which means try-outs, rehearsals, etc. Well...wasn't there another big name band that just recently went through this? Oh, yeah...Metallica!

Point being, now that they have the time and need to go through the "try out" and rehearsal phase anyway, perhaps Axl has a live bonus dvd feature planned for CD now as St. Anger did. Would certainly also help alleviate some other clitches as well (ie: album leaks, etc.), not to mention would be a great "warm up" for a new tour. It may also be a way of proving the band can gel with a replacement and that Axl still hasn't lost his edge when it comes to playing live.

Who knows. Again...just speculating here.

Have fun.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 01:43:51 PM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:48:13 PM »

...he meant that they were running out of excuses and this affords them the oppurtunity to once again delay the album. "one step further in the never ending delay process.

Seriously, though, maybe he is referring to recording process as a whole, meaning probably the next album(s) after Chinese Democracy. Hopefully that is what he means.
BTW, fuck Buckethead!!

Behold, the evil that men do...
Chinese_esenihC
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 01:50:25 PM »

Part of me says it means he's definitely releasing CD within the year.

Another part of me says it means he's going back in the studio.  confused
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 02:21:15 PM »

I think that Buckethead was holding guns back so now that he is gone the band is able to move forward and finish up what ever is left.  I bet they already have a replacement for him and they will probably waiting for the right moment to tell us.  Not that it makes any sense or anything but that GNR for ya.  
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 02:33:42 PM »

"One step further" sounds to me as though Axl's refering to finding a new guitarist and re-recording Bucket's parts...The reason why Axl has left the door open for a reconciliation is because at this point, that's probably the last thing he wants to do.  I truely believe Axl is not certain what to do at this point, but he will figure it out and at least attmpt to once again move forward.
kockstar99
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 02:40:41 PM »

John 5's departure from Marylin Manson was just announced the day after Brain Carroll's offical GnR announcement..

maybe hes got a try out?? hes a bad ass...

its good timing,... a good fit, ... or maybe just me wishing...

axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 02:45:19 PM »

how about this (and yes, i am aware that this is a bit of a stretch to put a positive spin on this thing):

Bucket leaving made Axl realize that he is at a crossroads: it is now either time to really move this thing forward, or to simply give up and put it to bed. Continuing to delay the return of GNR will eventually result in everyone else leaving as well. Even though all the delays may not be Axl's fault, he realized that he is still to blame for not pushing things forward at certain times. And the surprise is that he suddenly realized how much he wants to carry on, despite the loss of Buckethead.

so now he has decided to take that extra step forward: finish up and release this album as soon as possible. "A few months" means that this time he will not bother to re-record Bucket's guitar parts.

And if and when the time comes to tour, as much as I really liked having Buckethead in the band, there are other guitar players in the world who can learn how to play previously recorded material.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 03:02:18 PM »

I agree with that post completely, and I really hope your right....That'd be the line of thinking I'd be omn....For me, its cool, so long as Axl doesn't re-record his parts.  If another player learns and plays BH's parts on tour,  fine...For me, as a huge fan, I just want to hear BH's contributions as he played them..Good post
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 03:03:54 PM »

so now he has decided to take that extra step forward: finish up and release this album as soon as possible. "A few months" means that this time he will not bother to re-record Bucket's guitar parts.

And if and when the time comes to tour, as much as I really liked having Buckethead in the band, there are other guitar players in the world who can learn how to play previously recorded material.
yea! : ok:yea! : ok:ya! ok
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 03:15:54 PM »

One extra step? Maybe he'll finally add vocals........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 03:17:15 PM »

Slightly OT, but sorta not:

If I were Axl, and really pissed, I'd leave CD intact, release it with BH's parts on it...and credit them to Brian Carroll.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 03:20:16 PM »

Call him Herbie and put a pic of him unmasked in the booklet for all I care, as long as it's his parts....funny stuff Pilferk... Grin
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 03:20:28 PM »

If I were Axl, and really pissed, I'd leave CD intact, release it with BH's parts on it...and credit them to Brian Carroll.

Smiley

Good idea. With a photo with Buckethead unmasked Wink

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 03:22:08 PM »

Smiley

Good idea. With a photo with Buckethead unmasked Wink

Even better......

And in the linear notes: "KFC FUCKING SUCKS!"

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 04:42:16 PM »

I like the Brian Carrol idea..
Rupean
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 08:47:38 AM »

QUOTE ("2001")
DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

----------------------------------------

QUOTE ("Gnronline.com 2002")
Guns N' Roses will go back into studio immediately following the aforementioned dates to put the final touches on the forthcoming ?Chinese Democracy? album.

QUOTE ("Axl @ 2002")
It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready.

QUOTE ("Axl Rose @ 2004")
In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

I wonder what we'll hear nextime  hihi
Wake up Axlers  Wink
madagas
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2004, 09:39:34 AM »

You left out the one in 1997 (right after Slash left). Axl faxed a note to Mtv saying the Gnr album would be out in the summer of 1997. He even said 12 songs with three singles if I remember correctly. Radio interview in Nov 2002, Axl said it would be out sometime in 2003. He clearly cannot be relied on as well. One thing I will say, I will guarantee you there is a flat out ton of material in the vaults for release whenever. No recording artist ever has spent this much time on a record. Even the stuff with Slash and Duff from 95-96 is probably somewhere in the vaults-maybe no vocals or scratch vocals, but alot of demos and work nonetheless.  Grin  ps it is that "one extra step further" quote which shows you how truly crazy and obssessed Axl is with this project. It is the most disturbing part of the press release. Angry
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 09:43:49 AM by madagas » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2004, 10:37:13 AM »

You left out the one in 1997 (right after Slash left). Axl faxed a note to Mtv saying the Gnr album would be out in the summer of 1997. He even said 12 songs with three singles if I remember correctly. Radio interview in Nov 2002, Axl said it would be out sometime in 2003. He clearly cannot be relied on as well. One thing I will say, I will guarantee you there is a flat out ton of material in the vaults for release whenever. No recording artist ever has spent this much time on a record. Even the stuff with Slash and Duff from 95-96 is probably somewhere in the vaults-maybe no vocals or scratch vocals, but alot of demos and work nonetheless.  Grin  ps it is that "one extra step further" quote which shows you how truly crazy and obssessed Axl is with this project. It is the most disturbing part of the press release. Angry

Madagas, while I agree that part of the statement is disturbing, for me the most disturbing part comes from stepping back and looking at the statement as a whole, and at past GN'R drama.  The reluctance to accept responsibility and the placing of blame elsewhere are the most disturbing aspects of this and other GN'R situations.  He "may have" done the band a disservice and "unintentionally" put the band in a precarious position.  Why would Buckethead stick around for four years to secure a solo deal?  There has to be something else there.

Anyways, maybe the "extra step" has something to do with the "finishing touches" that we've heard about for so long.

Ali

madagas
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2004, 10:59:10 AM »

Agree. He pointed the finger at Slash in 1997-Finck in late 1999 when he left-and now Bucket. Where and when will it end? At some point, you have to let go and release the record...how people don't see this ugly trend is baffling to me. Undecided Undecided
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2004, 01:18:26 PM »

I don't think there are too many people who have not noticed this trend.

However, if you don't make an attempt to think positively and hope that Axl will come through, then we would have to conclude that this band will simply never release any new material or do anything else ever again.

and then, really, why are we here?

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: